Potential KG Trades

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Potential KG Trades

but who in the world are we trading Pierce to?

I understand getting assets back and all, but cna anyone really see anothe team taking on Pierces' expiring contract and giving the celtics some real assets back?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

I understand getting assets back and all, but cna anyone really see anothe team taking on Pierces' expiring contract and giving the celtics some real assets back?

No.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

A contender will take Pierce

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

if trading or buing out PP is a necessary precursor to completing the KG to LA deal, you do it in a heartbeat. you trade him for whatever you can get, or you buy him out. if we can make that trade with LA, if chris paul really wants KG as much as that article implies, then you have to make that deal happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

if trading or buing out PP is a necessary precursor to completing the KG to LA deal, you do it in a heartbeat. you trade him for whatever you can get, or you buy him out. if we can make that trade with LA, if chris paul really wants KG as much as that article implies, then you have to make that deal happen.

I don't disagree...however, I thought it was determined that if we buy out Pierce and Trade KG, we'd only have the mid-level exception for any FA's?

If we Amnesty Pierc (we'd still pay him teh full $15M, just no cap hit) and KG retires, I thought we'd have more like $12-13M in Cap space?

NOw Getting Jordan and Bledsoe for KG could be a solid move, if completely rebuilding, you would have to get some type of assets for Pierce as well, IMO.

otherwise, youa re doing a re-build with one hand tied behind you back.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the real question is whether jordan and bledoe are guys we want long-term and guys that will help the rebuild. jordan is a guy that may not be as productive as he should be for his size. he's, what, an 8 point/8 board guy? even if we're not even counting on him to score, he's not an especially dominant rebounder. and of course, he can't shoot free throws at all.

bledsoe is a decent shooter, but is he a PG or a SG? not sure. either way, he doesn't make our backcourt any bigger since he's only around 6-1.

on the other hand, if we can get anything at all for KG, we probably should. and if we need to get rid of PP to make that trade happen, then it's a no-brainer. we will not be a winning team with PP and KG on the roster next year IMO. it's time to move on.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

We, like the rest of the world, will have to wait for Paul and Howard to make up their minds............

Here is a "crazy" scenario:

Pierce is not renewed.

KG wants to retire, but help out the C's at the same time.

We trade his contract to ATL for Al Horford.........then ATL renounces him

ATL then signs Smith, Howard and CP3............while we get Horford.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I hope the celtics trade Pierce and Rondo - for a Center and a complete PG. 

and Garnett agrees to stay to provide some big man minutes, continuity, and leadership next year.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

No. Not straight up. The trade would require additional pieces, but Rondo and Pierce plus a 2014 second round pick and Lee or Terry or Crawford) could get that deal done.  

That turnover machine was the Celtics leading scorer almost taking the team to the second round. He had to handle the ball more because of a lack of PG, hence the turnovers.  He would be a potent offensive weapon coming off the bench as 6th man.  Rondo has had ample time to fully recover and obviously would be subject to medical examination as a condition of the trade. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

We, like the rest of the world, will have to wait for Paul and Howard to make up their minds............

Pierce is not renewed.

The only way KG's 12.4m disappears is if he officially retires. 

If KG gets traded to Atlanta, all he has to do is retire, officially. No need for the Hawks to renounce him.

Do you really expect ATLANTA to get both these guys? CP3 allegedly expects perfection, and Blake & Jordan are not good enough for him. Do you really think Paul wants to play with Howard, who is known for not taking the game seriously and known for being a huge liability at the end of games?

Do you really think Paul will give up his own franchise in the most desirable location to play with Josh Smith and Bozo the clown?

I think:

1. Paul remains with LAC

2. Howard signs with DAL

3. Smith signs with HOU

At that point, if Atlanta can't get either of the three, it might as well go back into the lottery, build assets and wait for Lebron's age to end, because it has no hope otherwise.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Like Red-Russ said, it's a crazy scenario.

I'm only stating how to get rid of KG's 12.4m.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce,

Would you do a KG + 16 pick for Horford?

I think anyone would do a KG+Melo for Horford

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Pierce is not renewed.

If KG gets traded to Atlanta, all he has to do is retire, officially. No need for the Hawks to renounce him.

Do you really expect ATLANTA to get both these guys? CP3 allegedly expects perfection, and Blake & Jordan are not good enough for him. Do you really think Paul wants to play with Howard, who is known for not taking the game seriously and known for being a huge liability at the end of games?

Do you really think Paul will give up his own franchise in the most desirable location to play with Josh Smith and Bozo the clown?

I think:

1. Paul remains with LAC

2. Howard signs with DAL

3. Smith signs with HOU

At that point, if Atlanta can't get either of the three, it might as well go back into the lottery, build assets and wait for Lebron's age to end, because it has no hope otherwise.

I see no need for sarcasm..........ATL will actively pursue Howard, and Josh Smith is his best friend.

So  a team of Paul, Lou Williams, Smith, Howard and ?

vs - Paul, Billups, Butler, Blake and Jordan is...........................a no brainer for the Clips?

The Hawks have cap space for two max deals.

As of right now, DAL has NO PG...................Howard is from ATL...

It's not as far fetched as your sarcasm makes it out to be!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Pierce is not renewed.

I think:

1. Paul remains with LAC

2. Howard signs with DAL

3. Smith signs with HOU

I see no need for sarcasm..........ATL will actively pursue Howard, and Josh Smith is his best friend.

So  a team of Paul, Lou Williams, Smith, Howard and ?

vs - Paul, Billups, Butler, Blake and Jordan is...........................a no brainer for the Clips?

The Hawks have cap space for two max deals.

As of right now, DAL has NO PG...................Howard is from ATL...

It's not as far fetched as your sarcasm makes it out to be!

Ok ... wasn't trying to be mean ... I just think you'll have a REALLY hard time getting CP3 to Atlanta considering how involved he is in the Clipper organization, its Los Angeles, and they can give him more $$.

Who the heck knows what Howard would do. I think he's a lot more likely to end up in ATL. But hey, maybe they can entice both, and I'll be wrong.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

No. Not straight up. The trade would require additional pieces, but Rondo and Pierce plus a 2014 second round pick and Lee or Terry or Crawford) could get that deal done.  

That turnover machine was the Celtics leading scorer almost taking the team to the second round. He had to handle the ball more because of a lack of PG, hence the turnovers.  He would be a potent offensive weapon coming off the bench as 6th man.  Rondo has had ample time to fully recover and obviously would be subject to medical examination as a condition of the trade. 

Want to make another deal on this subject matter?

We had a deal about Rondo being or not being traded at the trade deadline this season, right?

How about this, if Pierce and Rondo get packaged in a deal then I make a thread about how wrong I was thinking Pierce and Rondo couldn't be traded.

But if Pierce and Rondo don't get packaged then you make a thread about how wrong you were thinking Pierce and Rondo could be packaged in a deal.

Deal?

Why is it important for you to "bet" on differing opinions or desired outcomes ?  I don't need nor care about you making a separate thread about you being right or wrong.  and I personally don't need that... self gratification.       

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The Hawks are a rebuilding team. 

A 37-year old KG does them no good.

I meant in the 'KG instantly retires' scenerio. Hawks free up cap space, can look to rebuild without Horford who is looking to compete, plus they get:

Melo

or 16th pick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

This is a great link to potential KG trades..........especially if PP is traded which would mean that KG would most likely be agreeable to a contender.

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/05/which-teams-does-kevin-garnett-put-over.html

Personally I like the Clippers trade the best........

why does anyone one deanderthal jordan??  22% free throws in the playoffs?  c'mon

raw skills and zero abilities = just another hack of a big man.  he played the SAME minutes in the playoffs and everything plummeted- points down 67%, rebounds down 33%, free throw %age almost down 50%

this is what deandre does most every year.  and he's getting worse at free throws, not better.  22% is "Biedrins Country".  why not go get biedrins- i'm sure he's cheaper

Sections
Shortcuts