Potential KG Trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Potential KG Trades

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to damfuno's comment:

This is a great link to potential KG trades..........especially if PP is traded which would mean that KG would most likely be agreeable to a contender.

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/05/which-teams-does-kevin-garnett-put-over.html

Personally I like the Clippers trade the best........

why does anyone one deanderthal jordan??  22% free throws in the playoffs?  c'mon

raw skills and zero abilities = just another hack of a big man.  he played the SAME minutes in the playoffs and everything plummeted- points down 67%, rebounds down 33%, free throw %age almost down 50%

this is what deandre does most every year.  and he's getting worse at free throws, not better.  22% is "Biedrins Country".  why not go get biedrins- i'm sure he's cheaper

I think the point of getting Jordan back in a KG to LAC trade is that he is so undesireable. Clipps made a terrible miscalculation giving him that deal... the League has valued Bledsoe high enough that the two even out for what KG is worth right now in his career.

Essentially its a: HORRID contract + Potential Star for an Aged Vet. Not a horrible deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

We, like the rest of the world, will have to wait for Paul and Howard to make up their minds............

Here is a "crazy" scenario:

Pierce is not renewed.

KG wants to retire, but help out the C's at the same time.

We trade his contract to ATL for Al Horford.........then ATL renounces him

ATL then signs Smith, Howard and CP3............while we get Horford.

The only way KG's 12.4m disappears is if he officially retires. 

If KG gets traded to Atlanta, all he has to do is retire, officially. No need for the Hawks to renounce him.

Do you really expect ATLANTA to get both these guys? CP3 allegedly expects perfection, and Blake & Jordan are not good enough for him. Do you really think Paul wants to play with Howard, who is known for not taking the game seriously and known for being a huge liability at the end of games?

Do you really think Paul will give up his own franchise in the most desirable location to play with Josh Smith and Bozo the clown?

I think:

1. Paul remains with LAC

2. Howard signs with DAL

3. Smith signs with HOU

At that point, if Atlanta can't get either of the three, it might as well go back into the lottery, build assets and wait for Lebron's age to end, because it has no hope otherwise.

I see no need for sarcasm..........ATL will actively pursue Howard, and Josh Smith is his best friend.

So  a team of Paul, Lou Williams, Smith, Howard and ?

vs - Paul, Billups, Butler, Blake and Jordan is...........................a no brainer for the Clips?

The Hawks have cap space for two max deals.

As of right now, DAL has NO PG...................Howard is from ATL...

It's not as far fetched as your sarcasm makes it out to be!

Ok ... wasn't trying to be mean ... I just think you'll have a REALLY hard time getting CP3 to Atlanta considering how involved he is in the Clipper organization, its Los Angeles, and they can give him more $$.

Who the heck knows what Howard would do. I think he's a lot more likely to end up in ATL. But hey, maybe they can entice both, and I'll be wrong.

Fine - I said it was a crazy idea...............

For the record, I think CP3 stays in LA, and DH stays with the lakers for the monetary reasons you listed.  But, Cuban and Ferry can be very persuasive, and unless ATL wants Gasol for Smith, you cannot discount life-long friends wanting to play together.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Get rid of PP and the KG dominoe will follow. The Celtics need to rebuild.  Take this season on the chin and man up and be ready for the free agents of summer 14 and a better draft class.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I honestly don't think that Chris Paul will go to the Hawks, but if you think along those same lines, I think that the Hawks would love to bring in Howard and Keep Smith...but there's another very good PG who loves those two guys. Everyone talks about Rondo Howard and Smith in Boston...why not ATL? Trade Rondo for Horford, and then do the KG to LA deal (who will then resign C Paul) and get back Bledsoe and Jordan. I, like most, think trading Paul Pierce will be inevitable...so you flip him to a team in win now mode...just about anyone who will take him. Or you take back a terrible contract, and a 1st rounder. Either way, you wind up with a lineup of  Bledsoe, Bradley, Green, Horford, Jordan. That's very young, and not too shabby. You need another center, one who can make some damn free throws, but that's a solid start to the rebuilding process. Get as MANY PICKS AS YOU CAN.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

the real question is whether jordan and bledoe are guys we want long-term and guys that will help the rebuild. jordan is a guy that may not be as productive as he should be for his size. he's, what, an 8 point/8 board guy? even if we're not even counting on him to score, he's not an especially dominant rebounder. and of course, he can't shoot free throws at all.

bledsoe is a decent shooter, but is he a PG or a SG? not sure. either way, he doesn't make our backcourt any bigger since he's only around 6-1.

on the other hand, if we can get anything at all for KG, we probably should. and if we need to get rid of PP to make that trade happen, then it's a no-brainer. we will not be a winning team with PP and KG on the roster next year IMO. it's time to move on.

RE:  "jordan is a guy that may not be as productive as he should be for his size. he's, what, an 8 point/8 board guy? even if we're not even counting on him to score, he's not an especially dominant rebounder. and of course, he can't shoot free throws at all."

Wow ! I thought you were describing our alumnus Perkins !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

I honestly don't think that Chris Paul will go to the Hawks, but if you think along those same lines, I think that the Hawks would love to bring in Howard and Keep Smith...but there's another very good PG who loves those two guys. Everyone talks about Rondo Howard and Smith in Boston...why not ATL? Trade Rondo for Horford, and then do the KG to LA deal (who will then resign C Paul) and get back Bledsoe and Jordan. I, like most, think trading Paul Pierce will be inevitable...so you flip him to a team in win now mode...just about anyone who will take him. Or you take back a terrible contract, and a 1st rounder. Either way, you wind up with a lineup of  Bledsoe, Bradley, Green, Horford, Jordan. That's very young, and not too shabby. You need another center, one who can make some damn free throws, but that's a solid start to the rebuilding process. Get as MANY PICKS AS YOU CAN.

I like that idea a lot.......then get Splitter or Clark with the MLE. Or maybe Caron Bulter instead of Jordan.......we would be 10 deep.

Bledsoe/Terry

AB/Crawford

Green/Butler

Bass/Sully

Horford/Splitter

Randolph, Wilcox, Melo (although he may have to be in one of the deals).....with our draft pick......good to go.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I see Horford as more of a PF, meaning Bass would be sent packing if possible. I could see him and PP in a package. I think Bass showed a lot with his play on Melo. and may have helped to boost his trade value to where it was before the season. He really does have all the tools you want in a backup PF. He definitely had a down season, but he and PP may bring something of value...maybe a pick and an expiring?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I would ask for a package of Teague and Horford and maybe a draft pick. That is way more likely than anything involving CP3.

Teague, Bledsoe Green Horford Jordan.

Terry, Bradley, 16 pick, Bass, Sullinger, Melo, Lee, Crawford, Atlanta pick

That would be interesting .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I see Horford as more of a PF, meaning Bass would be sent packing if possible. I could see him and PP in a package. I think Bass showed a lot with his play on Melo. and may have helped to boost his trade value to where it was before the season. He really does have all the tools you want in a backup PF. He definitely had a down season, but he and PP may bring something of value...maybe a pick and an expiring?

True.

I think the Celts should keep either Sully or Bass, but not both.

Jared's rookie contract is affordable for all three years remainig on Bass's modest PFs salary. At that point a decision can be made and most likely Jared will earn their combined salary and Bass will be gone. I think the question is how Doc plays them, he should certainly make a clear decision on who gets what minutes and stick to it.

Same with Lee and Bradley, one has to go.Why? Bradley is affordable. It should be Lee or Terry and Maybe why even keep Crawford, for an upgrade at the guard (reddick S&T?). Unless we are getting exciting young talent and an over valuation, Bradley should remain a Celtic.

If no KG and no Pierce then having Terry around in the locker room is a good thing.

Rationale for keeping Terry and swapping Lee.

If we are rebuilding why would we be looking to get rid of our young talent, which has shown some value but is still appreciating. Keep Bradley and Sullinger.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I would ask for a package of Teague and Horford and maybe a draft pick. That is way more likely than anything involving CP3.

Teague, Bledsoe Green Horford Jordan.

Terry, Bradley, 16 pick, Bass, Sullinger, Melo, Lee, Crawford, Atlanta pick

That would be interesting .

What are they giving up to get both Teague and Horford?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

We, like the rest of the world, will have to wait for Paul and Howard to make up their minds............

Here is a "crazy" scenario:

Pierce is not renewed.

KG wants to retire, but help out the C's at the same time.

We trade his contract to ATL for Al Horford.........then ATL renounces him

ATL then signs Smith, Howard and CP3............while we get Horford.

Wouldn't a team like Houston or Dallas, with tons of cap space, take Horford and give Atlanta an asset like the #13 pick (Dallas) or Chandler Parsons/Thomas Robinson (Hou)? This would be after Howard and his party let it be known they want to create a super team in Atlanta. I doubt the league would look to fondly on such a scenario, but it is creative thinking.

Let's say CP3 stays in LA.

If I were the Celtics I would trade Rondo and Bass for Horford and Lou Williams. The cash is equal, this is the trade I had talked about all year in various degrees.

Atlanta would then have 30-35 million to keep Smith and get Howard, Smith is obviously Rondo's Oak Hill buddy and Howard's best man. Additionally Bass was a floor-spreading F Howard enjoyed playing with in Orlando.

A Howard-Bass-Smith-Teague-Rondo starting 5, with John Jenkins, two first round picks in the teens and the MLE to build a bench with is an entertaining team, instantly competing with the Heat. That team is just as good of better than Howard with Dirk, Marion and ? (Collison, Carter, the #8 pick and the MLE?) Or Howard with Harden, Thomas Robinson, Parsons, Lin, Brooks and whatever the Rockets can trade Asik for.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

I like that idea a lot.......then get Splitter or Clark with the MLE. Or maybe Caron Bulter instead of Jordan.......we would be 10 deep.

Bledsoe/Terry

AB/Crawford

Green/Butler

Bass/Sully

Horford/Splitter

Randolph, Wilcox, Melo (although he may have to be in one of the deals).....with our draft pick......good to go.

One of the things i don't like about those kinds of line-ups after potential trades is our backcourt becomes very small! The C's have to have a shooting guard taller than 6'4"-6'5". Enough of "midgets"!Yell

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

One of the things i don't like about those kinds of line-ups after potential trades is our backcourt becomes very small! The C's have to have a shooting guard taller than 6'4"-6'5". Enough of "midgets"!Yell

Agree.

=====================================

I have a friend who is 5'7" and thinks he is the second coming of the Aussie great Rod Laver who was only 5'7". He hit a winning volley at the net and some one yelled "are you going to let that ugly short guy do that to you guys ?". My friend yelled back"who you calling short" ? Ugly was not offensive.

OK... a little levity I hope !!!

Sections
Shortcuts