Powe Not Walking Through that Door

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Powe Not Walking Through that Door

http://www.nesn.com/2011/03/report-celtics-no-longer-in-talks-with-leon-powe-after-signing-troy-murphy.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Powe Not Walking Through that Door

I like Leon, but the C's don't need anymore bigs or anymore players period IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Powe Not Walking Through that Door:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nesn.com/2011/03/report-celtics-no-longer-in-talks-with-leon-powe-after-signing-troy-murphy.html
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Doesn't bother me in the least.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

leon is a post amd physical guy.. we only have shaq, that could come into play! i would sign him later on if available, based on if the others are healthy or not..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: Powe Not Walking Through that Door:
    [QUOTE]leon is a post amd physical guy.. we only have shaq, that could come into play! i would sign him later on if available, based on if the others are healthy or not..
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    any player signed "later on" is not eligible for the playoffs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Powe Not Walking Through that Door : any player signed "later on" is not eligible for the playoffs
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that's true.  Players have to be bought out by March 1 to be eligible for the playoffs, but once bought out before March 1, they can sign anytime before the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Powe Not Walking Through that Door : I'm not sure that's true.  Players have to be bought out by March 1 to be eligible for the playoffs, but once bought out before March 1, they can sign anytime before the playoffs.
    Posted by cpjohn1[/QUOTE]

You are correct.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Powe Not Walking Through that Door : I'm not sure that's true.  Players have to be bought out by March 1 to be eligible for the playoffs, but once bought out before March 1, they can sign anytime before the playoffs.
    Posted by cpjohn1[/QUOTE]
    CP,

you are correct. I was confusing "bought out" by March 1 vs "signed on" by March 1. My understanding is that D-league and players not on rosters do not have the same March 1 deadline (such as Sheed, Iverson, Marbury and the like)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrue. Show mtrue's posts

If Leon can still get up and down the floor he could be very valuable to the Celts.  He is strong as an ox - can rebound with long arms and great hands - he can play good post defense - he is a quality person.  Hated to see him go - and he would be a very good role player if physically able.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Why would we have wanted another undersized power forward?  Im glad DA is going in another direction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Why would we have wanted another undersized power forward?  Im glad DA is going in another direction.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

It was a disaster when Doc had Baby and Powe playing at the same time in 2009 when KG was out. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

We have enough injured players to start our own MASH unit. No more please!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Powe Not Walking Through that Door : CP, you are correct. I was confusing "bought out" by March 1 vs "signed on" by March 1. My understanding is that D-league and players not on rosters do not have the same March 1 deadline (such as Sheed, Iverson, Marbury and the like)
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]
    I made the same mistake yesterday. It is ok.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Powe isn't walking through anyones door. He is crawling, or hobbling. His career is literally finished. get over it already.