1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Power Rankings!

Haha

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and I think we are also #1 in assists

although someone has always told me that no champ has ever avg'd less than 40 reb's a year, and we're not close

I also made a pretty hard stand at the deadline that unless we can't turn over 9 million in expiring contracts/dead space (JON/Wilcox) into a good center (throwing either Johnson and a 1st rd pick in the mix) then we'd have no shot at getting out of rd 2 (assuming we didn't get seed 7 or 8, then we wouldn't get out of rd 1)

so I guess nothing has really changed that, although a 2/3 match-up with the Heat, if they remain dinged up and we are playing at this level with a healthy Pietrus back in the mix) could go 7.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

and people think twice about taking it at Steamer.  Doc should have seen this back when he blocked i think 6 shots early in the season.  Live with his early mistakes and go on.  Well it looks like it might have worked out anyway, but Steamer may be getting a little more respect from the refs right now if he had been playing all year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Power Rankings!:
    and people think twice about taking it at Steamer.  Doc should have seen this back when he blocked i think 6 shots early in the season.  Live with his early mistakes and go on.  Well it looks like it might have worked out anyway, but Steamer may be getting a little more respect from the refs right now if he had been playing all year.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Steamer isn't getting any respect from the refs no matter how much he played. He's played enough in the past month and still gets a lot of foul calls.  It ain't the refs, (despite Tommy blaming the refs in broadcasts).  Its his terrible D.  He blocks shots like few we've ever seen and then he makes bonehead fouls right after that trying to block EVERY shot rather than playing smart.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Power Rankings! : Steamer isn't getting any respect from the refs no matter how much he played. He's played enough in the past month and still gets a lot of foul calls.  It ain't the refs, (despite Tommy blaming the refs in broadcasts).  Its his terrible D.  He blocks shots like few we've ever seen and then he makes bonehead fouls right after that trying to block EVERY shot rather than playing smart.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I disagree to a extent.  Blocking shots is huge, especially when he is basically the only one that does it. Sure he makes some bone head plays but that might have been ironed out if he had been playing all year. No I am not blaming the refs like TH does.  He does get a few fouls that are horrible calls though. He has also blocked a lot of shot on guys that may have got a "and one" if he didn't block it. Don't think those count either.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I'm more worried about the calls on Bradley than the ones on Steamer!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Power Rankings! : It's true that no team in NBA history has won a championship averaging less than 40 rebounds per game. But if the Celts can reach the eastern finals then that's good enough for me. What would sux is if the Celts exit in the 1st round. This current Celts team reminds me of the 2002 Celts team that reached the east finals.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Too bad its not the Kidd-KMart Nets waiting for us:-)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I'm more worried about the calls on Bradley than the ones on Steamer!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Bradley is not going to get a break from the referees until he stops reaching in trying to steal the ball on almost every defensive position. Reach in fouls should be called.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Power Rankings! : Actually Rose and Boozer are very similar to Kidd and K-Mart.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yes, but the Bulls are deeper and better everywhere else

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Power Rankings!:
    First time this season the Celts are ahead of the Lakers in both ESPN and NBA power rankings. Ha Ha ESPN has the Celts at #6 and NBA has the Celts at #5. Lakers #8 in NBA and #9 in ESPN. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34

Not unexpected.  When all is said and done, Celtics will be #1.  I believe!

As Always,

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Power Rankings! : Actually Rose and Boozer are very similar to Kidd and K-Mart.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yeah and Kerry Kittles/Richard Jefferson are similar to Rip Hamilton/Ronnie Brewer

Too bad Noah and Deng are just a lil better than Todd MacCulloch and Keith Van Horn... who were STARTERS on that team:-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Power Rankings! : It's true that no team in NBA history has won a championship averaging less than 40 rebounds per game. But if the Celts can reach the eastern finals then that's good enough for me. What would sux is if the Celts exit in the 1st round. This current Celts team reminds me of the 2002 Celts team that reached the east finals.
    Posted by Fiercest34

If the Celtics make it to the Eastern finals then nobody knows what can happen.  In a short season like this the Celtics might just go all the way.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I think we need help.  Can ORL knock off the Heat?  Can someone like IND knock out the Bulls?  I just think it's   a Herculean task to try to beat both without HC advantage!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Power Rankings! : Yes, but the Bulls are deeper and better everywhere else
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

They are not better at the five.  Is Hamilton better than Ray?  Has Rose played better than Rondo recently and is he likely going to play better than Rondo after his injury?

They are deeper is all they are. Which is significant, but better everywhere else not everywhere.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Power Rankings! : They are not better at the five.  Is Hamilton better than Ray?  Has Rose played better than Rondo recently and is he likely going to play better than Rondo after his injury? They are deeper is all they are. Which is significant, but better everywhere else not everywhere.
    Posted by concord27

I was referring to the NJ team with Kidd and Martin on it.  I meant the Bulls team we would have to face is better and deeper than the 2002 Nets!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Power Rankings! : Not unexpected.  When all is said and done, Celtics will be #1.  I believe! As Always,
    Posted by JamLock

...and then he woke up!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Power Rankings!:
    First time this season the Celts are ahead of the Lakers in both ESPN and NBA power rankings. Ha Ha ESPN has the Celts at #6 and NBA has the Celts at #5. Lakers #8 in NBA and #9 in ESPN. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34

Kind of strange since the Lakers have the 5th best record in the entire league at this very moment!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Power Rankings! : Kind of strange since the Lakers have the 5th best record in the entire league at this very moment!
    Posted by kobedaman

Apparently record doesn't mean too much, since the lakers would play either HOU or MEM in the first round - and they don't want to play either one of them based on how the last few games went!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Obviously you are not well versed on tuning up for playoffs because that's what is going in April.    I've stated it many times, playoffs are a different animal, meaning it's a different game.  I hope we play the Griz in the first round and they give us a tussle.  Sooner or later you have to face/beat tough teams and might as well be in the first round. 

Sections
Shortcuts