PP to the Pacers???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

PP to the Pacers???

Rumor that Indy maybe interested in Pierce, not sure if any thread talked about it, but Celtics would get Paul George, center Louis Amundson, and a draft pick. Not sure about how credible this is, but does make me think twice about this.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/284666/20120119/paul-pierce-trade-rumors-pacers-frontrunners-land.htm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: PP to the Pacers???

not bad at all!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

PP ain't going anywhere!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Do the numbers work?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

Do u guys think george is going to make c's betteR???really???I mean really??the dude had some couple of good games,big deal!.man I hate when writers overexagerated evrything,.PP is not going anywhere!!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

There is no way any or all of that group can replace PP. Especially this year.
    Better to

1. Fire everyone and move em out
    2 .Move the Red Claws to Boston

I believe in the whole team ..let's not jump ship at this point. There will be time to act as time progresses as it always does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think these speculations are very hard to believe.  You are taking a 34 year old 15 million dollar star player for a promising one, a journey man and maybe a draft choice.  By the way does this even add up salary wise.  I am not excited.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I said earlier this week that I thought the team was Indiana.

I would do a

George & Hill for PP

That's a good deal for the C's and Pacers.

Rondo
    Hill
    Bass
    George

is a good starting point for rebuilding the team.

George is a great defender and can defend multiple positions. Hill can switch between the PG and SG position.

For the Pacers, now they have PP and Granger...two guys that command double teams opening it up for Hibbert.

This would be a great trade...oh and it works on trade machine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: PP to the Pacers???:
    There is no way any or all of that group can replace PP. Especially this year. Better to 1. Fire everyone and move em out 2 .Move the Red Claws to Boston I believe in the whole team ..let's not jump ship at this point. There will be time to act as time progresses as it always does.
    Posted by heirplain

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    You are plugging in players like it was 2006. It will add up to a 2006 type of team.

We need to rebuild but 2008 proved you have to do it with a star or two.  You think a team with Bass, George, Pietrus and Hill is going to get us where? The eighth seed we are probable already there. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Dude, you have to rebuild slowly. Ainge will still have major cap room next year AND you can still move RA. One move isn't going to land you a top player.

These are all pieces and Hill and George are good defenders to go along with Rondo. Doc likes guys who can defend.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

I think these speculations are very hard to believe.  You are taking a 34 year old 15 million dollar star player for a promising one, a journey man and maybe a draft choice.  By the way does this even add up salary wise.  I am not excited.
    Posted by concord27

Absolutely agree with you.

Where do these wild rumors come from?  There are several floating around and being repeated on this board.  No credible source and created in the mind of some wanna-be reporter connected to no-one who is trying to fill some space in a publication with a readership of about two dozen.

Even if Ainge were to decide to start moving players now, and it's way to early for that, we could swing a much better deal than this!  And that's without even geting into the question about trading a still very productive player to a team that will probably compete with us for playoff position.  Not a big chance this is real!

Regards

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dude, you have to rebuild slowly. Ainge will still have major cap room next year AND you can still move RA. One move isn't going to land you a top player. These are all pieces and Hill and George are good defenders to go along with Rondo. Doc likes guys who can defend.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Bias I get that, but you need to build around what you are going to have first or it won't fit.  If DA can play it like a chessboard as he did in 2007 and know what he is putting together I am all for it.  If you got just Hill and George you just would not be getting enough, and this trade even with Amundson does it match up?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias, You are plugging in players like it was 2006. It will add up to a 2006 type of team. We need to rebuild but 2008 proved you have to do it with a star or two.  You think a team with Bass, George, Pietrus and Hill is going to get us where? The eighth seed we are probable already there. 
    Posted by concord27

I agree with your point but the problem is we just are not going to get anyone's star player.  We have to build up assets to be able to trade and with an aging crew, we don't have the assets to trade to get someone's star.  Even looking at free agency the next 2 years, there are no stars for us to get.  Rose, Melo, Lebron, Wade, Dirk, Howard, Williams, Love, Durant, Westbrook, CP3, Griffith, etc, etc, etc. are all locked up (or publicly stated they won't come to Boston).  No game changers available.

So, we gotta build through the draft.   Danny has to count on being able to have enough young pieces + draft choices to trade up to a lottery pick and get a star that way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

I would love to do that. Paul George is talented and has size. It helps the Celtics and Pacers

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The next Bird or Pierce is in the draft!!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I don't think it's too early to explore our options.  Also, it seems that teams are calling the Celtics.  Ainge HAS to listen.  He isn't actively shopping anyone.

The next 3 weeks will give us a good indication of the direction of the Celtics and exploring options in case someone needs to be moved is a good move.  Like many of you are saying, I doubt PP will be moving anywhere anytime soon but if this team continues to struggle against good teams, a move will most likely be made.

If we cannot beat the good teams, we won't go far in the playoffs.  What good is it to finish 8th and get eliminated in 4 by Miami or Chicago?  We can do that without Pierce.

Quite honestly, the Celtics won't get equal value for Pierce anyway.  He's too good for us to expect equal value today.  If we can get someone who can contribute today and develop to be a very good player in the future, we have to make that move.  Pierce is a HOF.  We probably won't be able to trade him for a young player who will eventually be a HOF'er. We'll have cap space and better 1st round picks that are available to us to obtain that kind of player.

I don't think we can even expect to receive an elite player at this point for any of our Big 3.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: PP to the Pacers??? : Bias I get that, but you need to build around what you are going to have first or it won't fit.  If DA can play it like a chessboard as he did in 2007 and know what he is putting together I am all for it.  If you got just Hill and George you just would not be getting enough, and this trade even with Amundson does it match up?
    Posted by concord27

Concord, let's be real about this. That KG deal was done by mcHale. That type of move isn't coming again. The RA deal was good because we had assets. George and Hill are good players. I'm not sold on Amundson but if they want to throw him in or a draft pick that's fine.

We aren't getting a motherload of a deal for aging players. Knowing Ainge he'll make this deal and then make another one. He's got to get rid of the rusty old paint before he can apply new paint. Once he makes these moves there is no contending this year, he's basically saying we're in rebuild mode.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I just tried this on trade machine - works!

IND gets PP
    WAS gets JON ( dreaming, I know)
    PHO gets Rondo

BOS gets - Admunson, George, Lopez, Nash and Blatche!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

I just tried this on trade machine - works! IND gets PP WAS gets JON ( dreaming, I know) PHO gets Rondo BOS gets - Admunson, George, Lopez, Nash and Blatche!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Why waste your time on something so ludicrous?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I just tried this on trade machine - works! IND gets PP WAS gets JON ( dreaming, I know) PHO gets Rondo BOS gets - Admunson, George, Lopez, Nash and Blatche!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Are you Fiercest alter ego?  Stop the OLD MAN Nash trade talks.....Why would we give up Rondo for a one year rental with no other point guard waiting in the wings.  That makes no sense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: PP to the Pacers??? : Are you Fiercest alter ego?  Stop the OLD MAN Nash trade talks.....Why would we give up Rondo for a one year rental with no other point guard waiting in the wings.  That makes no sense.
    Posted by jdm894g

Because he can shoot, pass, put fannies in the seats - if we can't be good, let's at least be entertaining.........AND we can re-sign him, or just draft another PG this year!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts