PP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

PP

I think Celts should keep PP, and rebuild around him.  If not a starter, play him off the bench.  I still believe he's got enough to do it for another 3 years.  They should not overreact to a bad start, it's only 12 games and he played hurt.  And who knows, next year or 2, he could have a monster year again and win another ring.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Re: PP

How's this for thought. PP has had it mentally and can't get up for another title run. He finds him out self out of shape after the lockout and to save face he 'invents' a sore heel so that he has an excuse for his miserable play.

You heard it here first.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

I'm surprised Paul doesn't have any legitimate neck problems from throwing his head back like he was shot by an M16 every time he dribbles through the lane, hoping to get a cheap foul call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

PP doesn't get traded unless he wants to be traded.   He's a Celtic 'lifer'.... ? 3 more years may be generous though.   If including this yr then that would make it 4 years?!?!   He doesn't have the body of a Havlichek to have the endurance to play into his late 30s.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

In Response to Re: PP:
    [QUOTE]   PP doesn't get traded unless he wants to be traded.   He's a Celtic 'lifer'.... ? 3 more years may be generous though.   If including this yr then that would make it 4 years?!?!   He doesn't have the body of a Havlichek to have the endurance to play into his late 30s.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

PP's contract is only up to 2014, just 2 more years after this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mysidia. Show Mysidia's posts

In Response to PP:
    [QUOTE]I think Celts should keep PP, and rebuild around him.  If not a starter, play him off the bench.  I still believe he's got enough to do it for another 3 years.  They should not overreact to a bad start, it's only 12 games and he played hurt.  And who knows, next year or 2, he could have a monster year again and win another ring.
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]

rebuild around him? he's not getting younger and he is getting really inefficient...
    i really like his basketball and i really hope he will be celtics for life.
    but giving the way that he is playing up till now, unless he gets back in shape, there is no point keeping him. 
    Of the big 3, only Ray Ray is being productive. the only sad thing is that he rarely create his own offense. celtics need someone to create offense. Running plays via Rondo can only do so much, when all else fail you need someone you can turn to to create his own offense.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

If you think about it....it wasn't PP who brought this team into a tailspin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

trade him and his 32mil, sooooner rather than later

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I believe he is only under contract for 2 more years. If you don't do right by Paul Pierce who's going to want to come to Boston anyway. I think we can resign Ray for less money and possibly KG and Green and then go after a big free agent player. Then we can have a good team and be able to bring along our 2 first round picks at the same time. In that way we can continue to be good like the Spurs have been and still build our team for the future. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PP : Ray would be great on a contender like the Thunder or the Grizz. Mayo and a draft pick for Ray.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Ray and Wilcox for Randy Foye and Ryan Gomes

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PP : Mayo and a draft pick for Ray.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from timgm. Show timgm's posts

Well I have not posted on here in awile. Couple of years . I was pissed off when they traded Al Jefferson for KG. As for Paul Pierce he has been a good soldier. But like all soldiers they are expendable for the good of the Platoon. I say trade him if what you can get is of good to substantial value. They dont have the horses to run with anybody in the hunt in this league. Hell the old guys cant even keep up with Rondo!!!! THe plan after last season was to blend youth in with the Old Grey Beards. I dont see that happening. Get in the hole GUMP!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

trading pierce means having to bring back at least 12M in salary.  if that player(s) coming back are only signed for this year then i might consider trading pierce.

but, if the guys coming this way are contracted beyond this year there is little point in trading away probably our best player now that he is getting healthier again.

Sections
Shortcuts