Practical Solution

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Practical Solution

In Response to Re: Practical Solution:
    [QUOTE]We're like that old car running short on gas. Can we get to our destination with Doc driving? Doc will turn off the engine to conserve gas, make BBD, Erden and Daniels push for awhile while PP and RA are in the front and back seat. We'll pick KG up and Doc can start the car again. Once we pick up Perk, he'll have to do some pushing too. The only problem is we got someone who doesn't want to push (JON) and we need to drop him off but can't because he's injured. Let's hope there is someone at a rest stop that is 6'11. Well what do you know it's Sheed! When JON goes to the bathroom.....cut rubber and we're out of there!! :-) On our way to #18.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I knew you were a comedian.  LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, if it was up to you, you'd never make a move. Do you realize that we are hurting for big men? Shaq can't play 40 mins, Semih's arm is about to fall off, KG isn't back, Perk is still 2-3 weeks away. You seem to think "oh just play Semih or just play Shaq" and everything will be alright. You never pose any solutions (maybe so you won't go on record) but just staying status quo may not get it done. We're already trying to put round pegs in square holes. Do you have any solutions Mr. GM??

Did you read my first post? I said give Harangody more minutes, that is the solution. Let BBD play some Center and give Harangody extended minutes at the PF spot. That way Shaq and Semih's minutes will not go up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

P34, I really don't see what impact increasing Harangody's minutes will have.  At best, he's a hard worker who's lack of height and athletic skills make him a liability.

As I sit here watching the Bobcats game, I cannot believe you honestly believe giving this guy more minutes is the solution.  Luke is a 6'6"/6'7" guy and you think he can play power forward?  He can't check Tyrus Thomas.  Luke is much too inconsistent and many times has no impact on the game.

Wait, wait, let me ask for clarification.  Exactly WHAT is more minutes for Harangody the "practical solution" to?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]jeezem, P34, OneOnOne, CeltsFan4life I sure hope you guys are right.  I really do.  I sure hope we are able to stay healthy and continue to juggle things all while getting the production from everyone.  I sure hope JON returns at some point healthy enough to contribute and stay on the court.  I hope Shaq and Semih can handle their increased minutes AND stay out of foul trouble. I enjoy the back and forth and I really respect all of your opinions although mine and BiasLewis' are the more valid ones.  :-).  Really, I can't wait until it plays out. I hope whatever we do, we win games. 
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

amen

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, I really don't see what impact increasing Harangody's minutes will have.  At best, he's a hard worker who's lack of height and athletic skills make him a liability. As I sit here watching the Bobcats game, I cannot believe you honestly believe giving this guy more minutes is the solution.  Luke is a 6'6"/6'7" guy and you think he can play power forward?  He can't check Tyrus Thomas.  Luke is much too inconsistent and many times has no impact on the game. Wait, wait, let me ask for clarification.  Exactly WHAT is more minutes for Harangody the "practical solution" to?
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Once KG is back no need for Harangody to even play. But if Erden can't play the Celtics are better off with Harangody playing than waiving a player like Wafer just to sign another free-agent big man. There's no need for another big man if Erden can play. All I'm saying is if Shaq is the only Center left the Celtics just have to play Harangody.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" That is something the Celtics did not bargain for and that is not what's going to get us banner #18. Shaq tweaks and ankle or Semih hurts his shoulder and we're DONE."

I couldn't disagree more strongly with this statement. JON isn't going to help us but it's pretty clear the Celts realized they only needed one O'Neal to work out for this to basically be fine for us. I don't see the need for panic here, not at all. With KG coming back and Perk around the corner - we're nowhere near DONE. That's just overly dramatic. Signing on veterans who might get hurt was the entirety of the game plan this season. It was a risk but a calculated one. Now if Shaq and Semih both get hurt as well as JON then that's probably too much to asborb. But I predict we're gonna be all right. And if we're not, there's no move we can do now anyhow. 

As for BBD, I don't like him as a starter but he'll help with depth when he's coming off the bench again. 

For those who are posting practical solutions, please follow these rules: 

- Sheed isn't coming back so rule him out
    - BBD isn't going to be traded unless one of the big three suffers a season-ending injury
    - JON cannot be traded unless there is another high quality player included in the deal
    - Wafer is not going to be waved for 11 days

If you still have a practical solution for improving the roster that does not involve these four rules, knock yourself out. Or you can just relax and take a chill pill or two and see that we're gonna be all right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Practical Solution : Did you read my first post? I said give Harangody more minutes, that is the solution. Let BBD play some Center and give Harangody extended minutes at the PF spot. That way Shaq and Semih's minutes will not go up.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34 this is exactly what happened last night...minutes went up. The point Petey and I are trying to make is right now we can't afford for their minutes to go up because if they suffer a setback then we're screwed. This is a marathon not a sprint. I appreciate Shaq's big game last night, that shows when he's up to it he can still get it done. However we don't want him playing 38 mins a game right now.

Playing Luke at C is absurd...totally absurd.

If you're suggesting doing that then you REALLY do see why we can't up the mins for Semih or Shaq.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Practical Solution : Once KG is back no need for Harangody to even play. But if Erden can't play the Celtics are better off with Harangody playing than waiving a player like Wafer just to sign another free-agent big man. There's no need for another big man if Erden can play. All I'm saying is if Shaq is the only Center left the Celtics just have to play Harangody.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I think Luke needs to play a few minutes a game just to get a comfortable out there. He looks like he is rushing his shot again.  We may need him again and if we do some playing time now (just a few minutes) may help a lot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Sheed was maligned by many on this board. He helped the team a great deal last year. JON can play, in my opinion. If he gets healthy he'll do the job. Don't be so quick to cut him loose. Yes, 40 games is quick to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Practical Solution : P34 this is exactly what happened last night...minutes went up. The point Petey and I are trying to make is right now we can't afford for their minutes to go up because if they suffer a setback then we're screwed. This is a marathon not a sprint. I appreciate Shaq's big game last night, that shows when he's up to it he can still get it done. However we don't want him playing 38 mins a game right now. Playing Luke at C is absurd...totally absurd. If you're suggesting doing that then you REALLY do see why we can't up the mins for Semih or Shaq.

Funny Doc and Shaq both said the minutes were no big deal for last nights game.  I don't think you will see those minutes very often this year anyway. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Practical Solution : P34 this is exactly what happened last night...minutes went up. The point Petey and I are trying to make is right now we can't afford for their minutes to go up because if they suffer a setback then we're screwed. This is a marathon not a sprint. I appreciate Shaq's big game last night, that shows when he's up to it he can still get it done. However we don't want him playing 38 mins a game right now. Playing Luke at C is absurd...totally absurd. If you're suggesting doing that then you REALLY do see why we can't up the mins for Semih or Shaq.

Once again you are NOT READING PROPERLY MY POST! I SAID HARANGODY WILL NOT EVEN PLAY IF SEMIH IS ABLE TO PLAY.

The reason why Shaq's minutes were up last night because there was no KG.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I NEVER SAID LUKE HARANGODY WILL PLAY CENTER. WHAT I SAID WAS BBD TO PLAY SOME CENTER AND HARANGODY GETTING EXTENDED MINUTES AT THE PF SPOT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Practical Solution : Did you read my first post? I said give Harangody more minutes, that is the solution. Let BBD play some Center and give Harangody extended minutes at the PF spot. That way Shaq and Semih's minutes will not go up.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

READ, BIASLEWIS, READ!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics are in the unenviable position of trying to mix and match their way through the big problem.  Nobody thing BBD is a solution at center sometimes but it is just the reality of the situation.  KG comes back and then Perk we are on the road to a solution. JON sadly was a terrible move.  He looked finished in the Miami series last year and what really confounds me that after seeing he was finished in that series they actually went ahead and signed him. The Celtics brass have the ability to assess JON far better than we do but still made a dumb mistake. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Practical Solution : I NEVER SAID LUKE HARANGODY WILL PLAY CENTER. WHAT I SAID WAS BBD TO PLAY SOME CENTER AND HARANGODY GETTING EXTENDED MINUTES AT THE PF SPOT.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight, you want to play BBD at 6'7 at C and then use his backup who is also 6'7 at PF?

Um, we'd get KILLED on the boards if this is what you're suggesting. Again, you keep wanting Doc to play guys out of position, more minutes and think that isn't going to effect the outcome of games. The other team has coaches and strategy too.

What would you do if you were coaching against the C's and BBD & Luke were on the court at C & PF??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Practical Solution : So let me get this straight, you want to play BBD at 6'7 at C and then use his backup who is also 6'7 at PF? Um, we'd get KILLED on the boards if this is what you're suggesting. Again, you keep wanting Doc to play guys out of position, more minutes and think that isn't going to effect the outcome of games. The other team has coaches and strategy too. What would you do if you were coaching against the C's and BBD & Luke were on the court at C & PF??

We get killed on the boards anyway

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Practical Solution : So let me get this straight, you want to play BBD at 6'7 at C and then use his backup who is also 6'7 at PF? Um, we'd get KILLED on the boards if this is what you're suggesting. Again, you keep wanting Doc to play guys out of position, more minutes and think that isn't going to effect the outcome of games. The other team has coaches and strategy too. What would you do if you were coaching against the C's and BBD & Luke were on the court at C & PF??

You are really dumb, Bias. I also said that if KG is back Harangody will not even have to play. 

If Shaq and KG are the starters then the backups would be BBD and Semih. In case Semih can't play and Shaq is the only Center left then KG and BBD would have to play a lot together. But if KG and Semih are both out then the Celtics have no choice but to play BBD at Center, when Shaq sits, and Luke at the PF spot. Is that really hard to understand?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Geez, all that instead of just picking up a C. LOL! You'd rather BBD play C?? Your best man off the bench, 6th man?

You're reaching P34. I guess the next thing you will want is RA moved to SF and Rondo to SG

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Geez, all that instead of just picking up a C. LOL! You'd rather BBD play C?? Your best man off the bench, 6th man? You're reaching P34. I guess the next thing you will want is RA moved to SF and Rondo to SG

Again, how can the Celtics sign another C when the Celtics have 15 players under contract?

Who would the Celtics let go so that they can sign a guy like Mikki Moore?

It's not a good idea to waive Wafer now when he's starting to play well. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics will have KG back on Monday. Why sign another free-agent Center when the Celtics have Shaq and Semih at Center and KG, BBD, and Luke as the PFs?

Remember, if the Celtics were to add a player they would also have to let go of one player on the roster. Waiving Von Wafer just so the Celtics can sign a guy like Mikki Moore is crazy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Perkins is doing full contact practices and not favoring his knee mentally or physically.  He's getting into game shape and doing live practice with the team.  Apparently, he'll be finishing up his rehab and getting back to thinking more about playing and less about doctor visits for check ups.  We should see him on the floor playing early next month.  Based on everything I've heard Perk should be the same player he was before, just hopefully a little smarter because he is another year older, and maybe he worked on his hands doing drills.  It will be such a relief when he takes the floor again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Perkins is doing full contact practices and not favoring his knee mentally or physically.  He's getting into game shape and doing live practice with the team.  Apparently, he'll be finishing up his rehab and getting back to thinking more about playing and less about doctor visits for check ups.  We should see him on the floor playing early next month.  Based on everything I've heard Perk should be the same player he was before, just hopefully a little smarter because he is another year older, and maybe he worked on his hands doing drills.  It will be such a relief when he takes the floor again.
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That's why there is no need to sign a free-agent Center.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Doc please scrap this lineup with BBD at C and Luke at PF!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

LOL.  Pretty ugly, huh?  But, he has to scramble through the game until the end when he can have the team in that he wants.  We just gotta muddle through this and try to stay close in these kind of games until the end when we can have the players we want in.  He has to conserve fouls.  With no JON and no Perk, this is what we'll have to live with.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Practical Solution:
    [QUOTE]Just give Harangody more playing time.  No need to trade for another big until we can all say Perk is no good this season.  Dreaming of players like Blatche, Marc Gasol, Camby, and Thabeet coming to Boston is just that, a dream. Blatche will be getting 30m from 2012-2015, no way Ainge will want that contract. Marc Gasol for draft picks? Seriously.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

anyone who dreams of blatche as a solution has never fathomed this guy's lack of intelligence and integrity on the floor.  he is a poster boy for the low basketball IQ / high selfishness modern player. 

he's a modern day kg, in physique and some skills only.  many of the same skills and a very similar body, but a brain the size of a pea.  he's a stat hore and soft to boot.  he's a defensive zero and a self fashioned stat sheet hero.

not exactly the spitting image of celtic pride let alone anything that you'd swallow the barf instinct to "get us over the hump" to a championship.  blatche has only played on basement teams and done little to improve his team in his years in the league and can still be found spouting cringe-inducing quotes and making ill advised plays by the bushel on a nightly basis. 

wouldn't you want a proven vet if you were going to make a serious change to this roster of ours?

Sections
Shortcuts