Pre-Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Pre-Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

Thought I'd start a pre-game thread just to get some dialogue going.

Merriam-Webster defines "opportunity" as -  a favorable juncture of circumstances.

Tonight, the Celtics will have an opportunity.  It's a big night on one of the biggest stages and with a national TV audience.  With five games to go, tonight we can clinch the Atlantic Division and the #4 position in the playoffs.

I admit that I questioned this team's resolved mid-season and wondered if they had the mental toughness to even qualify for the playoffs let alone win a playoff series.  I was totally wrong and am ever so glad that I was.

Doc should get "all hands on deck" and "go get it" tonight.  NY has so much to play for and what better way for the Celtics to claim the division, AGAIN, with a resounding win at MSG.  Let's not wait for Orlando in Boston tomorrow.  We should be chompin at the bit for this one and I expect a focused, determined, business-like Celtics to claim the division once again.

Let's go Celtics!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Pre-Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

The only way NY wins tonight is if they get a ft disparity of 12 or more.  I'm not going to predict that will happen because last time I did I was wrong (and the c's won in miami shooting even ft's.)

But should the ft's be even and the c's lose anyway, I will be shocked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Pre-Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks:
    [QUOTE]Thought I'd start a pre-game thread just to get some dialogue going. Merriam-Webster defines "opportunity" as -  a favorable juncture of circumstances . Tonight, the Celtics will have an  opportunity .  It's a big night on one of the biggest stages and with a national TV audience.  With five games to go, tonight we can clinch the Atlantic Division and the #4 position in the playoffs. I admit that I questioned this team's resolved mid-season and wondered if they had the mental toughness to even qualify for the playoffs let alone win a playoff series.  I was totally wrong and am ever so glad that I was. Doc should get " all hands on deck " and " go get it " tonight.  NY has so much to play for and what better way for the Celtics to claim the division, AGAIN, with a resounding win at MSG.  Let's not wait for Orlando in Boston tomorrow.  We should be chompin at the bit for this one and I expect a focused, determined, business-like Celtics to claim the division once again. Let's go Celtics!!!!
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Celtics should be focused in on claiming another division crown.  Ray is reported to be playing tonight which will give Doc another weapon to use off the bench and Rondo another target.

As Always,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Odd & lucky I think, would rather face either Atlanta or Orlando in 1st round, one of whom is what we'll get, than Knicks or 76ers which is who Heat & Bulls will draw.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

expecting rondo to be huge tonight since this game is on national tv and they are playing at MSG......hopefully bradley stays aggressive and same with steamer

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks:
    [QUOTE]expecting rondo to be huge tonight since this game is on national tv and they are playing at MSG......hopefully bradley stays aggressive and same with steamer
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    soxfan, you're spot on.  This isn't Toronto from 3 games ago.  We are playing in a hostile environment, one in which we thrive in and I think we respond in a big way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : soxfan, you're spot on.  This isn't Toronto from 3 games ago.  We are playing in a hostile environment, one in which we thrive in and I think we respond in a big way.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

yea i hope you're right.....they have stepped up in big games lately and hopefully they continue that tonight.....to be able to clinch the division at MSG would be sweet

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

It's true, Rondo loves the spotlight, which is good for us come playoff time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Knicks-Celtics=Leastern conference trash.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Knicks-Celtics=Leastern conference trash. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

Yeah... the Celtics are so boring that you are obsessed with them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Yeah... the Celtics are so boring that you are obsessed with them.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Still stalking me snake?! I'm feeling ya dawg, you do know there's professional help out there for people with your illness huh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Still stalking me snake?! I'm feeling ya dawg, you do know there's professional help out there for people with your illness huh?

What do you mean dude?  I am just a Celtics fan posting about my team.  How could I be stalking you?  It's an anonymous internet forum.

I worry about you because you keep freaking out about the Celtics.. I mean if you were bored by the Celtics than obviously you wouldnt be here.

You're totally obsessed with them.  Yet you hate them. 

What kind of illness do you think I have?  the more I know about how your mind works the sooner I might be able to point you in a direction to get help.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Ge some help dawg and remember, had Boston been in the west they wouldn't be in the playoffs....so be thankful.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Ge some help dawg and remember, had Boston been in the west they wouldn't be in the playoffs....so be thankful.

Thankful about what?  Get some help for what?

I am still trying to follow what's going on here.  You'  re some sort of person angry and obsessed about the Celtics that feels like he is being stalked while on a Celtics forum.  I get that.

What is the other stuff about? Are you okay? Why are the Celtics in your brain so much.  Do you have a team that you like?  It might be better for you if you just stayed in the positive. You know, just followed whatever team you like and not get so upset and angry about teams that you don't.

Good luck though. I don't like seeing anyone as sad as you all the time!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Hey dawg, get some help man. Cyber stalking leads to the real stuff. Bleed purple and gold dawg.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Hey dawg, get some help man. Cyber stalking leads to the real stuff. Bleed purple and gold dawg.

What are you talking about man?

This is really confusing.  Responding to your comments is stalking?  Do you not want people to talk to you? Just say so if you don't want me to talk to you anymore, if I scare you or something.  Am I freaking you out dude?  Is life scary Elven? 

Purple and Gold?  Oh you mean the Lakers?  You like the Lakers?  that's why you are over here all the time freaking out?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : What are you talking about man? This is really confusing.  Responding to your comments is stalking?  Do you not want people to talk to you? Just say so if you don't want me to talk to you anymore, if I scare you or something.  Am I freaking you out dude?  Is life scary Elven?  Purple and Gold?  Oh you mean the Lakers?  You like the Lakers?  that's why you are over here all the time freaking out?  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Keep calm dude....take your meds and chill.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Snakeoil, you're feeding the troll.  The more you engage him the more stupid stuff he'll say.   You might want to just ingore his irrational rambling.

As for my C's, I was never as down on them as many were when they were playing poorly and I'm not going to overdo the praise now that we are playing well.   I'm too scared the bubble will burst to start claiming how great they are now that they are playing well.  I know they'll respond in NYC (this team has too much character to just fold in the tough games).   So, I expect them to be tough tonight and give NY a tremendous battle.....and hopefully win another close one.

But, I won't go overboard on the Bradley/Steimsma/Bass/Rondo praise.  I love them but I want to see them in a series with Miami or Chicago.  If they win a series with either team, I'll know they are capable of going all the way!   We have the tools (defense, offense, coaching, experience).....we just have to see it in a tough series.

Let's go, C's - get the big win tonight!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

We can claim the Atlantic division tonight. And we will! Go C's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

No better way to come out of the gates!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Avery owns those corner 3's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Is Pietrus available tonight? I don't see his name anywhere.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Is Pietrus available tonight? I don't see his name anywhere.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

Pietrus and Ray are out tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Worried about our chronic knee and ankle problems with MP and Ray.   How it doesn't hurt us in the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Bradley has become so good at almost every aspect of the game, truly amazing in such a short time frame. We have our backcourt for years to come.
    Rondo playing agressive and dictating the game. All good signs, even without Ray and Pietrus we can handle those Knickerboxers.

Sections
Shortcuts