1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year

Mployee8 is wrong in this whole discussion.
    His original list of players that he said could be signed by the Celtics is laughable.
    The point is, when you factor in the 1st round picks and havng no MLE or mini-MLE, Boston doesn't have nearly as much cap space as most think they do.

Realistically, Boston could make a $13m/year offer to Hibbert, $6m to KG, $5m to Green, $2.5m room exception to Wilcox, $3m to 1st round picks then have only $3m left. All others would have to be paid the Veterans Minimum.

Not only could Boston not make a run at Nick Young, Mayo and Dragic but it doesn't look like they would be able to keep Ray or Bass. If Boston wants to make a run at a Hibbert type player, they will have to decide who don't they keep between KG, Green and Bass.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : Two late first round picks (maybe like a Giddens and maybe an Orien Greene) and Pietrus has only been around for about 6 years - he is just about to "step up" and be something he has never been, they currently have 6 players under contract for next season and that includes Moore and Johnson (Bass has a player option), oh and they will be $17 million under the cap - probably about $14 million under the cap after they sign the draft picks, and no legit talent that would attract good young stars to the roster, oh and they would need to sign 7 more players just to fill the roster......... I love the Celtics but I am realistic, whereas many who post here are just pie in the sky idiots..... Starting April 1st and ending April 11th they get the Heat twice, the Spurs, Indy, the 6ers, Atlanta, and the Bulls - 11 days, 7 games, 6 losses..... let's discuss the lottery.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Somehow I agree with you...we should be realistic here, time for a change lets be real our chances of getting banner 18 is far from reality as of this moment...but we have a chance to be a contender in a near future...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : Next year's starting point guard will Williams from NC, his stock will fall becuase of his injuries and we won't have to wait 6 years to see if he is going to learn to shoot.  Danny will move Rondo at a discount but we have had enough, haven't we.  The rest will be a bunch of guys that will add up to 25 wins.

Always positive.At least you`re consistent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]PG - Rondo, Bradley SG - Green, Allen (if he comes back) or 1st rounder (Austin Rivers. If he falls to C's, gotta get him) SF - Pierce, Pietrius PF - KG, Bass, JJJ C - Javelle McGee, 1st rounder, Stiesma
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

Green can`t handle the ball well enough to play guard, nor is he quick enough to defend the 2 spot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : Two late first round picks (maybe like a Giddens and maybe an Orien Greene) and Pietrus has only been around for about 6 years - he is just about to "step up" and be something he has never been, they currently have 6 players under contract for next season and that includes Moore and Johnson (Bass has a player option), oh and they will be $17 million under the cap - probably about $14 million under the cap after they sign the draft picks, and no legit talent that would attract good young stars to the roster, oh and they would need to sign 7 more players just to fill the roster......... I love the Celtics but I am realistic, whereas many who post here are just pie in the sky idiots..... Starting April 1st and ending April 11th they get the Heat twice, the Spurs, Indy, the 6ers, Atlanta, and the Bulls - 11 days, 7 games, 6 losses..... let's discuss the lottery.....

How`d your prediction for the road trip work out,Nostradamus?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : I believe KG believes he is still one of the elite players in the game and imho will be around for another 3 or 4 years, hopefully just not here.  They need to find the bottom so they can start to rebuild as quickly as possible and having mediocre players around just for purposes of remaining mediocre is not my idea of finding the bottom.  Though I am sure KG has found plenty of bottom over the years as he has travelled from one city to the next.
    KG is still an above-average NBA player and you`re still  a dyspeptic loser.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE] In case you didn't read the link about the Mavericks possibly being better with age, I copy and paste the folowing : "Their core of Marion, Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry and Vince Carter averages 34.8 years of age. Kidd, their point guard, turned 39 on Friday. And these are basically the same Mavericks that won the NBA championship just one year ago". So, I say, keep our BIG 3 and get some competent rebounding help and I recommend D. Howard if any way possible !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

exactly, they played well under the pressure, along with a solid defensive center in Chandler, with a deep experienced bench...Experience beating talent.with no center....good combination...
    Chandler took the previously "soft" Mavs over the top...

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : As I said in my post, three players were astericked as depending on draft picks. Danny may keep or trade our picks and Dragic and Mayo "or" Young (not both) are selections in lieu of keeping picks or S&T's. If Wilcox is able to come back next season as expected I doubt the C's will offer the "exception" to him prematurely. If they bring him back it would be more likely at VM to ease him back into play. The exception could be used for another PG if they don't get a good one in the draft. If Bass opts out of his option the C's still retain Bird Rights and can sign him once over the cap or extend his current contract ... he's no problem. Ray can be kept for short money like KG as long as we renounce both KG & Ray and resign them before going over the cap. Once KG & Ray come off the cap hold along with Sheed & JO the C's will have all sorts of flexibility to sign and trade as well as keep their 2nd tier FA's with Bird Rights.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You never used asterisks with your original post below.
    Bass has to opt in or out before free agency begins.
    A team cannot be under the cap, then go over the cap, then sign their players with Bird Rights. That is why they have cap holds.
    You really are embarrassing yourself here.

Hawes @ $7.5M Hump @ $7.5M KG @ $5M Bass @ $5M Green @ $4.5M Ray @ $4.5M Beasley @ $8M Dragic @ $3.5M Mayo @ $7.5M $30M available plus picks and castoffs for trades, MLE and Bird signings once over the cap ... KG, Ray, Bass, Green (Bird Rights) & Dragic (MLE) could all be signed once over the cap. That means almost $30M is available for Mayo, Beasley, Hump, and Hawes, not to mention the use of picks, S&T as well. Jack & Kaman are optional (in lieu of Dragic & Hawes) if able to swing a S&T involving picks, rookies or castoffs. Ilyasova and Young would be even cheaper options to Humphries and Mayo. It is doable!
    Posted by Mployee8

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

This is less complicated then you might think it is mployee8.

As of today, Boston has about $30m to split among free agents from other teams and their own free agents. They also have a $2.5m room exception.
    After that they only have the Veterans Minimum.

Feel free to project a Celtics team with those parameters in mind.

Once Boston hits those numbers above, if Green/KG/Ray/Wilcox/Stiemsma/etc are not signed, Boston can only offer them the Vets Minimum.

If they try to sign and trade Green, KG, Ray when they are already at the cap, then they still can only sign them and then trade them at the Vets Minimum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]A team cannot be under the cap, then go over the cap, then sign their players with Bird Rights. That is why they have cap holds. That's why I went back and added that Ray & KG had to be renounced to reduce the cap hold ... once done we can sign both while under the cap as well as free agents before signing are own FA's with Bird Rights ... that's the concept of Bird Rights ... the ability to resign your own free agents once or while over the cap. Now who's embarassing themselves?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

If Boston signed Hibbert, Humphries, Mayo and Dragic for $30m, they would have to renounce the rights to all of their free agents. Renouncing rights means renouncing Bird Rights. They will only be able to then pay the Vets Min.