Predictions-Celtics lineup next year

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year

I think he has or will soon go into hiding with his tail between his legs.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : He's not as hostile when it's day time. It's at night when he's drunk or high that he goes off, becomes a total wingnut. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

He's just busy getting the warrants for our IP addresses.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

I'd justlike to see us 12 deep, coming at the other team with an hyper intensity the likes of which the NBA's never seen before. I'd like to see us lean and fast up tempo defense and slahing to the hoop every play. 

Paul, Rondo, Kevin, Bradly, Bass, Ray (if he can), Stiemi, Pieti, JJ, ET, Chris W, and Greenie. 

If Kevin and Ray deside to hang'em up just bring size and speed     

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : What!?!? Are you trying to tell me that once we hit the cap we can't sign our own FA's with Bird Rights? I have to disagree .... Again .... To keep Ray & KG we must renounce them first to reduce the cap hold. Then we must resign them first say at $5M each. That leaves $20M for say Humphries and Hawes which I estimated at $15M for both leaving $5M. S&T for Beasley @ $8M with an expiring contract (Pav, etc) or a pick. Since we are under the cap salaries don't have to match ... a pick alone could fetch Beasley. Now you still have the "MLE" or $2.5M and you can sign your own FA's with Bird Rights ... Stiemsma, Bass, Pietrus and Green.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Yes, once Boston hits the cap, they can't sign their own players with Bird Rights. Read F34's post a little while ago.

Your ideas above are 100% wrong.
    Try to understand that when you renounce a player, you completely lose their Bird Rights.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : What!?!? Are you trying to tell me that once we hit the cap we can't sign our own FA's with Bird Rights? I have to disagree .... Again .... To keep Ray & KG we must renounce them first to reduce the cap hold. Then we must resign them first say at $5M each. That leaves $20M for say Humphries and Hawes which I estimated at $15M for both leaving $5M. S&T for Beasley @ $8M with an expiring contract (Pav, etc) or a pick. Since we are under the cap salaries don't have to match ... a pick alone could fetch Beasley. Now you still have the "MLE" or $2.5M and you can sign your own FA's with Bird Rights ... Stiemsma, Bass, Pietrus and Green.

If this is who you want, Boston can sign Ray and KG at $5m each. If Hawes and Humphries cost $15m, that leaves $5m to sign free agents. Beasley would have to fit into the $5m. After that Boston would have the $2.5m room exception and Vets Minimum. No one else would be able to be signed by Bird Rights which would mean Green and Bass would be out.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : For a team under the cap it's their MLE ... it's the same thing. You're mincing words to be right again when we all know what the point is ... The C's have a MLE or "room exception", if that helps to straighten out your panties, to sign another free agent. Grow up or grow a pair ... Jeesh!

Wrong.
    The MLE is $5m.
    The Mini-MLE is $3m.
    The Room exception is $2.5m.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : Exactly ... and the only players we are renouncing would be Ray & KG so we clear their cap holds and can resign them asap at a reduced rate. HELLO!!!!

Re-signing them cancels their cap hold.
    They wouldn't be renounced.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : Wrong! We could do a S&T for Beasley even if it takes us over the cap. Then we sign our own free agents .... Bass, Pietrus, Stiemsma and Green!

1000% wrong.
    Lets say Boston signs Hibbert, Humphries, Mayo and Beasley for $29m. That leaves them $1m under cap. So, you think they could do a S & T for Deron Williams since they are under the cap, and then sign Bass, Green, etc? This is comical.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

If Boston trades for someone while under the cap, they can't go over the cap to trade for that player.

Sections
Shortcuts