Predictions-Celtics lineup next year

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year

In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year": You you sign and trade salary holds and trade exemptions and you basically have a much higher cap. Bosh and Lebron were both traded.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Exactly... and as I said in several other posts.... young stars want to go play with young stars.... the Cs have no young stars and will get no young stars in the draft, got no young stars in last year's draft, etc.........  so who cares if you do sign and trades..... there is an assumption on this board that Boston's legacy and mystique is something that will lure actual blue chip talent.....  most of the kids in the league view the Cs as doormats for the last 20 years minus the last few years which were as a result of two huge expiring contracts.....  Danny has had two opportunities to draft blue chip talent and traded for "the gun is my girlfriend's Telfair" and Jeff Green and Wally S's contract for Ray......  Danny has never drafted any legit talent, of course that has been driven by where they have drafted but even given that he has routinely left better players on the board.

So the Cs even with as much cap space (as may be debatable) as they have is not a desirable place to play.... if you are D Howard and you have the chance to play with Rubio, Love, Beasley, Derrick Williams, etc. do you want Rondo and Pierce instead?  If you are Deron Williams do you want to play with Pierce and a bunch of no names as opposed to Josh Smith, Horford, Joe Johnson, etc.?

So the Cs have nothing to offer except cash and that cash will not be wisely spent and it will set back their rebuilding process for at least 3 to 5 years.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year": You you sign and trade salary holds and trade exemptions and you basically have a much higher cap. Bosh and Lebron were both traded.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

The cap doesn't change.
    LeBron and Bosh were traded to Miami.
    Even after those trades, Miami was under the cap.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : Are you deaf or just dumb? I said, renounce KG, Ray, Green and possibly Wilcox. JON, Sheed & Shaq will be off when the season ends. Is this over your head? The only players to lose bird rts are those 3-4. You don't need to renounce everyone you idiot. You retain bird rts to Pietrus, Bass & Stiemsma.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Oh, so now it's KG, Ray, Green and possibly Wilcox?
    Wilcox has been waived. Boston has no rights to him. Duh.
    You clearly have no idea how cap holds work.
    Once Boston gets to the approx $58m-$60m cap limit, they can't re-sign their own players via bird rights.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : Prove that ... a credible link from Larry Coon's CBA FAQs or such ... not some BS blog like Fierce uses all the time.

30. Can a team with cap room sign all the free agents it wants (up to the salary cap) and THEN re-sign its own free agents using the Bird exception?

A team's ability to do this is very limited. The team's free agents continue to count against their team salary (against the salary cap). This charge is called the "free agent amount." There may not be enough money available under the cap to sign another team's free agent, because the team's own free agents are taking up all their cap room.

33. When do free agents stop counting against the team's cap?

When any one of the following three things happen:

• The player signs a new contract with the same team. When this happens, the player's effect on his team's team salary is based on his new salary.
    • The player signs with a different team. As soon as this happens, the player becomes the new team's problem, and his salary no longer counts against his old team.
    • The team renounces the player. (See question number 34)

34. What does renouncing a player mean?

As detailed in question number 31, free agents continue to be included in team salary. By renouncing a player, a team gives up its right to use the Larry Bird, Early Bird, or Non-Bird exceptions (see question number 19) to re-sign that player. A renounced player no longer counts toward team salary, so teams use renouncement to gain additional cap room. After renouncing a player, the team is still permitted to re-sign that player, but must either have enough cap room to fit the salary, or sign the player using the Minimum Salary exception. The exception to this is an Early Bird free agent who is coming off the second season of his rookie scale contract. Such players, when renounced, are treated as Non-Bird free agents.

https://webfiles.uci.edu/lcoon/cbafaq/salarycap.htm#Q30

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Every one of the Celtics players salary cap hold numbers continues to count against the cap until they are re-signed, renounced or sign with another team. They can't sit in limbo like you think they can.

Green, Bass, all of them would have to be renounced.
    Did you see in #34 what happens when a team renouces a player?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

On the day free agency starts, if Boston signed 4 players to contracts totaling $30m, before they could sign those players, Boston would have to renounce the rights to all of their own free agents.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I guess I can give up my prescription for Ambien. Everytime I want to go to sleep I can just read this thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]I posted that ... where does it say a team CAN'T resign it's own FA's (with Bird Rts) ? What it says is "A team's ability to do this is very limited." And then it shows you how ... by renouncing individual players, not all, the ones you want to renounce. Once the C's cap hold is reduced from $67M to $7M they will have the flexibility to do much more than any Laker Fan could ever imagine short of trading a retired coach and a bag of balls for an allstar PF/C.

It's crazy how dumb you are.
    You really don't have a clue.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : there's no cap hold for players signed into the next season idiot! Bass, Rondo, JJJ, Moore, Pierce & Bradley have no cap holds since their contracts do not expire this year .... We should believe a Laker Fan who is in 5th grade and knows nothing about the cap or cap hold?????

Who said anything about Rondo, JJJ, Moore, Pierce and Bradley.
    I said all of their own free agent players would have to be renounced.
    How many Celtics fans are agreeing with you?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : You're talking HARD CAP there pal ... Like the new CBA says no team can go into luxury tax land effective 7/1/12' ... and you are wrong! If the C's want to go over the cap and pay luxury tax they can ... no rule says they can only have a max payroll of $58-62M. Go back to LA ... It's embarrassing to think anyone in CT is a Laker fan ... Pitiful!!!

I would pay part of your salary for Danny to hire you to be the Celtics Capologist.

Why is the world do you think the Knicks had to amnesty Billups to sign Chandler? If they could have just "gone over the cap", they would have done that in a second.

They had to get UNDER the cap even AFTER they signed Chandler.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : Liar! Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year posted at 3/27/2012 4:51 PM EDT   Mark from Ct Posts: 391 First: 2/27/2012 Last: 3/27/2012 Every one of the Celtics players salary cap hold numbers continues to count against the cap until they are re-signed, renounced or sign with another team. They can't sit in limbo like you think they can. Green, Bass, all of them would have to be renounced. Did you see in #34 what happens when a team renouces a player? Why must all FA's be renounced? I said KG and Ray, Green if necessary, and Wilcox & JON if not automatically deleted at season end. The other FA's are inconsequential as their caps are so small and may be used in trades anyway. No rule says all FA's must be renounced ... that's up to Danny's discretion. You getting this stuff from a coloring book or some LA radio talk show?

Green, Bass, all of them... means all of the free agents, not all of the Celtics players. OMG, you are the dumbest person I have ever had a discussion with.

Why do I feel like I am being punked?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : Bass isn't a FA agent ... your just spinning your wheels trying to cover up your tracks! Why did Sacramento renounce Dalembert? I'll answer for you smart guy .... Samuel Dalembert had a free agent cap hold figure of $19,045,250 .  The combination of Darnell Jackson, Pooh Jeter and Marquis Daniels had an additional cap hold of approximately $4.8 million , taking the Kings’ cap figure from roughly $32 million, to close to $56 million.  By renouncing the rights to Dalembert, Jackson, Jeter and Daniels, the Kings freed up their cap holds, enabling the team to sign the contracts of Marcus Thornton (estimated 5-yr/$40 million) and Chuck Hayes (estimated 4-yr/$21.3 million). What does this mean?  The Kings no longer have Larry Bird rights to any of the four waived players.  All four could be retained as unrestricted free agents, but the maximum length of any deal signed would be four years, instead of five. Get it? They lost Bird Rts but can still resign them if the player agrees to terms.

The Kings renounced Dalembert because he had zero intention of re-signing with them and they knew it. So, they renounced him. Since Dalembert didn't sign with Houston until very late into free agency, Sacramanto HAD to renounce him, so they could sign free agents.

What are you trying to prove with this example?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year : Bass isn't a FA agent ... your just spinning your wheels trying to cover up your tracks! Why did Sacramento renounce Dalembert? I'll answer for you smart guy .... Samuel Dalembert had a free agent cap hold figure of $19,045,250 .  The combination of Darnell Jackson, Pooh Jeter and Marquis Daniels had an additional cap hold of approximately $4.8 million , taking the Kings’ cap figure from roughly $32 million, to close to $56 million.  By renouncing the rights to Dalembert, Jackson, Jeter and Daniels, the Kings freed up their cap holds, enabling the team to sign the contracts of Marcus Thornton (estimated 5-yr/$40 million) and Chuck Hayes (estimated 4-yr/$21.3 million). What does this mean?  The Kings no longer have Larry Bird rights to any of the four waived players.  All four could be retained as unrestricted free agents, but the maximum length of any deal signed would be four years, instead of five. Get it? They lost Bird Rts but can still resign them if the player agrees to terms.

Also, Bass can be a free agent when the season is over.
    He has a player option for the 2012-13 season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I disagree with Snakeoil.  This thread is fun....for me at least.  It's four people who have never been wrong about anything going back and forth trying to get the other to admit they're wrong!!

May this thread live to see 1000 posts!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]I disagree with Snakeoil.  This thread is fun....for me at least.  It's four people who have never been wrong about anything going back and forth trying to get the other to admit they're wrong!! May this thread live to see 1000 posts!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

The thing is, only 1 person is wrong, and we all know it.

I doubt this thread will beat Rajon Rondowski's 2010 Game 7 referee thread.