Predictions for 2012-2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

Predictions for 2012-2013

Let's go ahead and make predictions for team records for this upcoming year. Predict teams you like teams you don't like, predict every team - whatever! Assume every team you pick stays healthy. Let's see how right we are in the end. For me, I'm going to predict IMO the top 2 teams from the West, L.A. and OKC and 2 from the East, Miami and (since this is the Celtics website) Boston:

L.A. Lakers - 62 wins 20 losses (New look Lakers probably going to win it all this year!)

OKC - 61 wins 21 losses (OKC is hungrier than ever and will be tough to beat!)

Miami - 64 wins 18 losses (Coming off the NBA championship, they will play to win it all again!)

Boston - 48 wins 34 losses (Sorry Celtics fans but the C's are on they're way down - too bad too sad)

Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Predictions for 2012-2013

Hey buddy, your picks seem pretty reasonable....but I think Boston is better this year than last....better depth and younger....so I think they will come in around 60 wins....that's just off the top of my head....(maybe I'm being a "homer"....but I do think they are much improved).....both conferences have some very strong teams....so it's anyone's guess.....

...my Finals prediction.....?

Celtics/Lakers (my wish)

Heat/Thunder (my prediction)

like I said before Elias....welcome back........and now....let the games begin...!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I predict Elias will disappear when the lakers are eliminated

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Two issues will doom the Lakers this season:

Coaching (or lack thereof)

and 

Injuries

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

Three bone-heads comin' here talking trash and everyone knows why

......because the truth hurts

Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions for 2012-2013:
    [QUOTE]Three bone-heads comin' here talking trash and everyone knows why ......because the truth hurts
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

Injuries hurt more!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

Looks like the dog's laughin at your profile picture. Come to think of it, that is a goofy pic of Larry Legend..... I mean seriously! You couldn't find anything better? Poor Larry, he looks drunk or stoned or somethin'
    LOL
    Anybody else agree? We ought to start some petition or somethin' to get this guy who doesn't know what he's talkin about half the time to show a little respect...

Cool

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Three bone-heads comin' here talking trash and everyone knows why ......because the truth hurts
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

That's no way to talk about Duke

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]Lakers to win 60 games? Their starting 5 won't even play 60 games together.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Jack will go nuts!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Raise your hand if you think the Celtics will win more games than the Lakers!

Laker fans! "you can't handle the truth"

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Heres my predictions:

Top Western Confrence teams:
    Thunder (58 - 24)
    Lakers (55 - 27)
    Spurs (48 - 34)
    Clippers (46 - 36)
    Nuggets (42 - 40)

Top Eastern Confrence teams:

Heat (60 - 22)
    Celtics (56 - 26)
    Bulls (52 - 30)
    Nets (47 - 35)
    76ers (45 - 37)

Finals Prediction:

Heat VS Thunder: Thunder Wins

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

In Response to Predictions for 2012-2013:
    [QUOTE]Let's go ahead and make predictions for team records for this upcoming year. Predict teams you like teams you don't like, predict every team - whatever! Assume every team you pick stays healthy. Let's see how right we are in the end. For me, I'm going to predict IMO the top 2 teams from the West, L.A. and OKC and 2 from the East, Miami and (since this is the Celtics website) Boston: L.A. Lakers - 62 wins 20 losses (New look Lakers probably going to win it all this year!) OKC - 61 wins 21 losses (OKC is hungrier than ever and will be tough to beat!) Miami - 64 wins 18 losses (Coming off the NBA championship, they will play to win it all again!) Boston - 48 wins 34 losses (Sorry Celtics fans but the C's are on they're way down - too bad too sad)
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

Due,

The Lakers are not going to win 62 games. OKC is more realistic of winning that many games but not the Lakers. just because they have Dwight Howrad doesn't mean a thing. 4 of their starting 5 are over 32 w Nash at 38 ( Celtics have 3 out of 5 starters under 28) & the Celtics are going to win more than 48 games. this is a more realistic prediction below:

West
    OKG 62-22
    LA 58-24

East
    Miami 61-21
    Boston 54-28

both Lakers & Celtics are predicted as the second favorites to win

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Predictions for 2012-2013 : Due, The Lakers are not going to win 62 games. OKC is more realistic of winning that many games but not the Lakers. just because they have Dwight Howrad doesn't mean a thing. 4 of their starting 5 are over 32 w Nash at 38 ( Celtics have 3 out of 5 starters under 28) & the Celtics are going to win more than 48 games. this is a more realistic prediction below: West OKG 62-22 LA 58-24 East Miami 61-21 Boston 54-28 both Lakers & Celtics are predicted as the second favorites to win
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

Sure the Celtics have 3 out of their 5 starters at under 28, but two of the starters are middling journeymen type players that can be pulled off the free agent market for the MLE every year, and two of the best players are 36 and 35, leaving Rondo, the only young all-star type guy on the roster. 

Youth is only a benefit if it is high caliber talent. Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass are not, they are not bad, they are middling. The Celtics have age issues at key positions, their season rides on older players staying sound just like the Lakers. Pretending otherwise makes for good internet conversation, but internet conversation doesn't change the reality. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions for 2012-2013 : Sure the Celtics have 3 out of their 5 starters at under 28, but two of the starters are middling journeymen type players that can be pulled off the free agent market for the MLE every year, and two of the best players are 36 and 35, leaving Rondo, the only young all-star type guy on the roster.  Youth is only a benefit if it is high caliber talent. Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass are not, they are not bad, they are middling. The Celtics have age issues at key positions, their season rides on older players staying sound just like the Lakers. Pretending otherwise makes for good internet conversation, but internet conversation doesn't change the reality. 
    Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE]

So, get the other trolls to admit it, and we can discuss other things!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions for 2012-2013 : Sure the Celtics have 3 out of their 5 starters at under 28, but two of the starters are middling journeymen type players that can be pulled off the free agent market for the MLE every year, and two of the best players are 36 and 35, leaving Rondo, the only young all-star type guy on the roster.  Youth is only a benefit if it is high caliber talent. Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass are not, they are not bad, they are middling. The Celtics have age issues at key positions, their season rides on older players staying sound just like the Lakers. Pretending otherwise makes for good internet conversation, but internet conversation doesn't change the reality. 
    Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE]

Hey Doobie! You were called out in a post on the Fly on the Wall discussion (last post)! You made a statement (apparently false - what's new) and were called out shortly after by a fellow poster. 

Another hit and run!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions for 2012-2013 : It's not exactly brain surgery regarding injuries hurting the chances of any team. I mean our Celtics would not have made it as far as they did last season had D-rose stayed healthy. 
    Posted by GoGREEN![/QUOTE]
    then admit injuries would hurt YOUR lakers!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions for 2012-2013 : I am a Celtics and I just said that injuries hurt ALL teams.  Wow!!

You are about as much a Celtics fan as kobedaman..............but you already knew that!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions for 2012-2013 : This would be great as a Celtics fan, but this is not reality unfortunately.  And I hope you know that you just set up a Lakers fan to say something like "14 years is nothing compared to the 23 years your Celtics had to wait for another title" Real smart. Ugh!!!

Step back into the fog and breath deeply Doobie! I am certain you will find your version of reality, shortly after!

Sections
Shortcuts