Predictions vs the The Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsrule08. Show celtsrule08's posts

Predictions vs the The Heat

Hard to believe the first game of the season is this close, so i thought we should all give our take on how we hope it will go. 

I  for one am hoping the starters get a lot of rest this year so i am hoping to see a lot of bench play and i can't  wait to see Shaq this year and see if he still has it left for one more title. 

We have a killer bench assuming it will be Nate, JON, Daniels, BBD and i am thinking Lasme makes it by a hair because he is a freak competitor and loves to hustle on blocks. As far as the rest well i have no idea for sure. 

This year the key may be Ray and what he will give us for hopefully no more than 30 minutes a game. 

The Heat obviously are talented but are undefined and we don't know if they are going to mesh or not, their bench isn't much and i am thinking they will make some changes a little later in the year.

Celtics by 8 or maybe more, sorry Laker fans but i believe this team is gonna be great and then we get Perk back and maybe get better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Predictions vs the The Heat

The Celtics will humble the Heat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

"Celtics by 8 or maybe more" and "Celtics will humble the Heat".  Geez, is it possible to sprinkle a little objectivity and common sense on these predictions?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat:
    [QUOTE]"Celtics by 8 or maybe more" and "Celtics will humble the Heat".  Geez, is it possible to sprinkle a little objectivity and common sense on these predictions?
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

"Objectivity" coming from this lakers fan is an oxymoron!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

heat by 15 and its only that close because the big 3 are resting at the end

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Hmmmmm, tough to predict this one.
    I know this game means a lot for both. This is a "no-hold-bared"
         game.
    If we lost the game, sky is falling again.

One thing I can say, sportswriters will make the winner/loser a big story and
    use this game as a measuring stick.

I say...Celtics by 3

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]heat by 15 and its only that close because the big 3 are resting at the end
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Just for future reference, how do people from Hopedale like their crow?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Celts will probably win this becuase they have played together for a long time. The Heat are still figuring some things out. So the Celts will win this one but the Heat will pay them back later in the year after they jell some more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]Celts will probably win this becuase they have played together for a long time. The Heat are still figuring some things out. So the Celts will win this one but the Heat will pay them back later in the year after they jell some more.
    Posted by mbrann[/QUOTE]

That is a good guesstimate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

|This game means absolutely nothing to me, personally. Win, lose, or draw. As far as the players I think this game means more to the heat than tghe celtics. We know if we lost this game there will be 81 more to go and it doesnt say were not the best in the east. Now if the heat lose i think they will take it as a measure if they are ready for the orlandos, bostons, and lakers of the league. As for who wins, idk, although I hate losing the first game of the season so lets hope we win.

Also, as we do have a core of guys who have played together for a while, we do have alot of new key major pieces, enough to mess with tthe chemistry of our core, so dont think it will be an easy win for us. We still have alot of work to do to incorporate the new additions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Like last years much ballyhooed opener against the Cav's, C's will look much more cohesive as a team and win by a few points.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Celtics win, Lakers lose, what a way to start the 2010-11 season. 

The Celtics will win because the Heat still have a long way to go regarding team chemistry and cohesion. 

With Yao Ming back in action and Andrew Bynum missing the first 2 months of the season I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets beat LA in LA. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics win, Lakers lose, what a way to start the 2010-11 season.  The Celtics will win because the Heat still have a long way to go regarding team chemistry and cohesion.  With Yao Ming back in action and Andrew Bynum missing the first 2 months of the season I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets beat LA in LA. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Real NBA champs never lose to teams like Barcelona, never!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

The game will be decided by the number of technicals dished out by the officials ... if Lebron gets tossed we win by a landslide.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]The game will be decided by the number of technicals dished out by the officials ... if Lebron gets tossed we win by a landslide.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Even a 10-year old will come to that conclusion. 

Are you posting just for the sake of posting?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Basketball will be the winner.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbrad389. Show lbrad389's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : Even a 10-year old will come to that conclusion.  Are you posting just for the sake of posting?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Whats up with P34 and Mployee 8, man you two are at each others throat dailey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : Whats up with P34 and Mployee 8, man you two are at each others throat dailey.
    Posted by lbrad389[/QUOTE]

Tell him he's wrong and he will lash out at you. The guy is never wrong, even if he's clearly wrong he's still right, according to him. 

The guy said Glen Davis is only a 4th string player on the Celtics roster. Enough said.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : Tell him he's wrong and he will lash out at you. The guy is never wrong, even if he's clearly wrong he's still right, according to him.  The guy said Glen Davis is only a 4th string player on the Celtics roster. Enough said.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Yes, you two remind me of martini and I......................good times!
    But at least you two argue over basketball........I have been going back and forth for 3 days, with lakers AND Heat trolls, on whether or not "irregardless" is a word.  I find it more than a coincidence that they say it IS a word.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

"Whats up with P34 and Mployee 8, man you two are at each others throat dailey[sic]."

This has been going on for a long time, and it's boring and childish, at best.  One cannot post without the other making comments only about the other one's perceived failings as a person. The discussion always devolves into an exchange that one can only liken to six year-old girls incessantly bantering, "Did not - Did too".  I've tried to intercede to no avail, but reason has little to do with either the cause or affect of the dénigrement that exists between them.  No matter the topic, one post sets off an unnecessary back-and-forth that adds nothing to the thread and only serves to raise the ire of both.  In a perfect world, they would only refer to their respective opinions; and, in a perfect world, no silly Lakers fans would post  here.  That doesn't exclude intelligent and respectful Lakers fans, only the obviously foolish troglodytic interlopers.  I know that's a string of redundancies but .....  

I'm genuinely sorry about the [...]s, but I'm constitutionally incapable of ignoring spelling or punctuation slip-ups (especially apostrophes and their mis-use).  And no, I'm not a primary or secondary school teacher bent on instructing children proper grammar.  It's just a neurotic thing, if you know what I mean.  I'm also sorry I've added another irrelevancy to this thread and won't do it again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] "Whats up with P34 and Mployee 8, man you two are at each others throat dailey[sic]." This has been going on for a long time, and it's boring and childish, at best.  One cannot post without the other making comments only about the other one's perceived failings as a person. The discussion always devolves into an exchange that one can only liken to six year-old girls  incessantly  bantering, "Did not - Did too".  I've tried to intercede to no avail, but reason has little to do with either the cause or affect of the  dénigrement  that exists between them.  No matter the topic, one post sets off an unnecessary back-and-forth that adds nothing to the thread and only serves to raise the ire of both.  In a perfect world, they would only refer to their respective opinions; and, in a perfect world, no silly Lakers fans would post  here.  That doesn't exclude intelligent and respectful Lakers fans, only the obviously foolish troglodytic interlopers.  I know that's a string of redundancies but .....   I'm genuinely sorry about the [...]s, but I'm constitutionally incapable of ignoring spelling  or punctuation  slip-ups (especially apostrophes and their mis-use).  And no, I'm not a primary or secondary school teacher bent on instructing children proper grammar.  It's just a neurotic thing, if you know what I mean.  I'm also sorry I've added another irrelevancy to this thread and won't do it again.
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

What's neurotic is telling the people on this board that Glen Davis is only a 4th string player for the Celtics. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

It's nit-picking man, that's all.

You two hen-peck the heck h3!! of eachother.

A lot of posters come here to read but why get involved when people are being rude?.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : Yes, you two remind me of martini and I......................good times! But at least you two argue over basketball........I have been going back and forth for 3 days, with lakers AND Heat trolls, on whether or not "irregardless" is a word.  I find it more than a coincidence that they say it IS a word.
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

It's hilarious, but sad at the same time. Although they could see themselves as Shakespearean. Creating new words for our language.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]It's nit-picking man, that's all. You two hen-peck the heck h3!! of eachother. A lot of posters come here to read but why get involved when people are being rude?.....
    Posted by Schleprechaun[/QUOTE]

It's true that there are rude posters here and I usually don't respond to them. But it's hard not respond to Mployee8. The guy was telling everybody, back in July, that Qyntel Woods would make it back to the NBA.

HAHAHA!!!