Predictions vs the The Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Predictions vs the The Heat

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat:
    I think the Heat will beat the Celtics if ALL the Heat's points are from dunks. I mean ALL, if the Heat score a 100 then that's 50 dunks. That would be right, the Heat need 50 dunks in one game to beat the Celtics.  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

ummmm....what?

you realize how good of a jump shooter that lebron, wade and bosh all are right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I think the Heat will beat the Celtics if ALL the Heat's points are from dunks. I mean ALL, if the Heat score a 100 then that's 50 dunks. That would be right, the Heat need 50 dunks in one game to beat the Celtics.  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

That's pretty funny, Fierce.  But I think we need to concede that Moe, Larry and Curly will be good for at least 65 points.  If we can hold the rest down, keep their "bench" in check, and watch Rondo abuse Chalmers like he always does, I'll think we'll be fine!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : That's pretty funny, Fierce.  But I think we need to concede that Moe, Larry and Curly will be good for at least 65 points.  If we can hold the rest down, keep their "bench" in check, and watch Rondo abuse Chalmers like he always does, I'll think we'll be fine!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

in the playoffs, a 14.8 scoring average would say rondo far from abused chalmers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5710344 Guess no Mike Miller on opening night. 
    Posted by P34

Remember how upset everyone was when we didn't get him?
    lakers gave him that one day offer, then settled for Barnes-  not an upgrade.  We have Quis - and the way he is playing D, it is an upgrade.  His D made Lame expendable!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : ummmm....what? you realize how good of a jump shooter that lebron, wade and bosh all are right?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

If Lebron is a good jump shooter then the Cavs wouldn't have lost to the Celtics in the 2nd round of the playoffs last season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : If Lebron is a good jump shooter then the Cavs wouldn't have lost to the Celtics in the 2nd round of the playoffs last season.
    Posted by P34

or if the rest of the cavs bothered to show up at all

which they didnt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : If Lebron is a good jump shooter then the Cavs wouldn't have lost to the Celtics in the 2nd round of the playoffs last season.
    Posted by P34

I agree, it is the weakest point of his game.  Although I don't think he "quit" on his team last year, I can see where others would say that.  He scored 38 last night, and was booed.

I don't blame him for going to a better situation, talent-wise, but I think he better get used to playing the villain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Guys,

Jump shooting is jump shooting. It comes and goes. It comes and goes for Kome 4 for 100,000 in one game in the finals, it comes and goes for Ray Allen, remember that o-fer playoff game, and it comes and goes for Lebron.

In a seven game series, give me great defense and a well rounded offense every time. A team can bring the defense every night if games are called evenly, while offense comes and goes. 

The NBA sells heroes, be smart, buy the team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : or if the rest of the cavs bothered to show up at all which they didnt
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

It's called playoff pressure. You really expect a playoff game to be just the same as a regular season game?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sellgoods. Show sellgoods's posts

* http://www.itemsellout.com

* Jame shoes $30--39

* Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

* Jordan Spizike shoes $35

* Jordan 2010 shoes $40

* Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35

* Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35

* Tshirts (ed hardy,lacoste) $16

* AF tshirt $15

* Jean(True Religion,VERSACE,coogi) $30

* Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $16

* New era cap $15

* FREE SHIPPING

*http://www.itemsellout.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I just had to jump in.

This is the most likely scenario for the Heat -Celtics game.

The firsts quarter will start much like game one of last season's finals. The referee crew will call the game in an excruciatingly tight manner to set the tone, or maybe for marketing reasons, to give the "new look" Heat superheros an edge that they don't deserve, but will probably need this early in the season. The Celtics will be in foul trouble early, especially Garnett, and Shaq. For this reason the Miami Marvel Comic Super heroes will dominate in the first half as the Celtics will be required to dial down their defensive efforts. In the second half things will probably be somewhat different. Because Doc removed the big guys early, foul trouble will not be as important in the second half. KG and Shaq will be very effective on offense, and the Celtic defense will have the upper hand in the third quarter. The fourth quarter will be up for grabs. Depending on KG's foul trouble situation. The Celtics will continue their strong defense, or the Heat will make a run. I expect Jermaine to spend more time playing in the fourth if the game is close because of "hack a Shaq".

I don't know who will win, however, the Celtics should win this one because they have the best defense, the best starting five, and the best bench. The rest is mostly NBA marketing. I thought that ESPN's picture depicting NBA stars as Marvel Comic Book super heroes was amaizingly appropriate. It is the image that Stern has been marketing since Larry and Magic saved the league. In this year of labor contract negotiations, and the possible lock out, Stern must be working overtime to make the league more appealing, especially in the smaller markets. Since defense is boring to some, and the Celtics are a big market team, this trend may continue in certain games, and into the play-offs.

While the Celtics now have Superman, kryptonite has taken its toll over the years. Stern's super hero marketing and the referee calling advantages that go with designated super heroes , have long deserted the man of steel.

NBA Champion -David Stern
    Finals loser - The fans
    MVP - Profit
    Rookie of the year - The lock out that will again save the league.

Moral of the story: This is not true sport, but an entertainment business that focuses on profits. Super heroes, lesser heroes, and drawing fans, especially in smaller markets, will take priority over sport and in some cases, fair play.  My guess is that with Stern's success in keeping fans even in face of hero calls, he will continue to work in mysterious ways. He will continue to depend on the ambiguity of referee's interpretation of the the rules, from game to game, and play to play to enhance the marketing of his heroes, and for that reason, the results of games.

Its a real shame.

Go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : It's called playoff pressure. You really expect a playoff game to be just the same as a regular season game?
    Posted by P34

no...thats why when looking at the numbers...lebron couldnt do it all himself...the C's shut down the rest of the team...thats why they lost and lebron moved on...end of story

alot easier to stay in front of mo williams and antawn jamison than it is lebron james and chris bosh no?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Chris Bosh No.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : no...thats why when looking at the numbers...lebron couldnt do it all himself...the C's shut down the rest of the team...thats why they lost and lebron moved on...end of story alot easier to stay in front of mo williams and antawn jamison than it is lebron james and chris bosh no?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Celtics "D" had nothing to do with it?  This is great stuff.  In 08-09, MeBron shot .510 from the floor and averaged 35 ppg.  In 09-10, he averaged 29.1 PPG in 11 games.  He shot .502 from the floor in 11 games. And .400 from 3 pt land in 11 games.  These, of course, are down from the the 35.1 he averaged the previous year in the playoffs.

Oh, wait, he didn't play 11 games against the C's?  Oh, hang on.......against the CELTICS, he shot .447 from the floor,  .269 from 3 pt land, and averaged 26.8.  Sure our defense had nothing to do with it?
    We shut down the rest of the team, AND him........numbers don't lie!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

All Chris Bosh does is shoot from the outside, he's like a KG minus the defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

That may have been the comparison last year as KG was recovering, but I think that KG may be able to return to his great all around game more this year. Not only because he has confidence to jump in traffic again, but because he will now have a center with offensive skills. Teams will not be able to double team KG effectively in the low post, because Jermaine and Shaq can score easily if they try.

For years KG and Duncan were the gold standard for power forward play, and many players, including Bosch, copied KG' style. Both he and Duncan own league MVPs at the position. Many people did not see KG at the height of his career. 

In 2004, the year that he won the MVP, and the year that the wolves had the best record in the NBA, KG led the league in total points, and in rebounds, while averaging more than five assists per game. The Wolves made it to the Western Conference finals against the Lakers, and might have won, however, both of their point guards went down with injuries, and it ended the run. During the regular season, The Wolves had a winning record against the Lakers in the regular season, and they won both games against Detroit.

His all around game has been his biggest advantage over the years, besides the defense, KG is the only player to have more than twenty points, more than ten rebounds, and more than five assists per game, seven years in a row. Bird was the next nearest competitor in this statistic with five years. 

By comparison, Duncan has always been more of a center than a power forward, even though he likes to be known as a power forward, and except for the years that he played with David Robinson, he really has been the Spurs Center in truth, if not in by name.

Bosch has always been a second tier all star, and except for last year, the recovery year, KG has always owned Bosch. It will be interesting to see how far KG has come back tomorrow. It should be a good test.

...and yes KG does play defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Celtics will win 'cause we have Shaq Daddy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

I just had to jump in. This is the most likely scenario for the Heat -Celtics game. The firsts quarter will start much like game one of last season's finals. The referee crew will call the game in an excruciatingly tight manner to set the tone, or maybe for marketing reasons, to give the "new look" Heat superheros an edge that they don't deserve, but will probably need this early in the season. The Celtics will be in foul trouble early, especially Garnett, and Shaq. For this reason the Miami Marvel Comic Super heroes will dominate in the first half as the Celtics will be required to dial down their defensive efforts. In the second half things will probably be somewhat different. Because Doc removed the big guys early, foul trouble will not be as important in the second half. KG and Shaq will be very effective on offense, and the Celtic defense will have the upper hand in the third quarter. The fourth quarter will be up for grabs. Depending on KG's foul trouble situation. The Celtics will continue their strong defense, or the Heat will make a run. I expect Jermaine to spend more time playing in the fourth if the game is close because of "hack a Shaq". I don't know who will win, however, the Celtics should win this one because they have the best defense, the best starting five, and the best bench. The rest is mostly NBA marketing. I thought that ESPN's picture depicting NBA stars as Marvel Comic Book super heroes was amaizingly appropriate. It is the image that Stern has been marketing since Larry and Magic saved the league. In this year of labor contract negotiations, and the possible lock out, Stern must be working overtime to make the league more appealing, especially in the smaller markets. Since defense is boring to some, and the Celtics are a big market team, this trend may continue in certain games, and into the play-offs. While the Celtics now have Superman, kryptonite has taken its toll over the years. Stern's super hero marketing and the referee calling advantages that go with designated super heroes , have long deserted the man of steel. NBA Champion -David Stern Finals loser - The fans MVP - Profit Rookie of the year - The lock out that will again save the league. Moral of the story: This is not true sport, but an entertainment business that focuses on profits. Super heroes, lesser heroes, and drawing fans, especially in smaller markets, will take priority over sport and in some cases, fair play.  My guess is that with Stern's success in keeping fans even in face of hero calls, he will continue to work in mysterious ways. He will continue to depend on the ambiguity of referee's interpretation of the the rules, from game to game, and play to play to enhance the marketing of his heroes, and for that reason, the results of games. Its a real shame. Go Pats!
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

Best post i've seen on the upcoming season in the NBA. True, True and True. Except J - E - T- S , Jets, Jets, Jets.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : Celtics "D" had nothing to do with it?  This is great stuff.  In 08-09, MeBron shot .510 from the floor and averaged 35 ppg.  In 09-10, he averaged 29.1 PPG in 11 games.  He shot .502 from the floor in 11 games. And .400 from 3 pt land in 11 games.  These, of course, are down from the the 35.1 he averaged the previous year in the playoffs. Oh, wait, he didn't play 11 games against the C's?  Oh, hang on.......against the CELTICS, he shot .447 from the floor,  .269 from 3 pt land, and averaged 26.8.  Sure our defense had nothing to do with it? We shut down the rest of the team, AND him........numbers don't lie!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

i didnt say anything about the C's defense

but facts are facts and its alot easier to stay in front of mo williams and jamison than it is to stay in front of wade and bosh...its a big upgrade for lebron and means that he doesnt have to do everything, every night for his team to win...which was the case in cleveland

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : i didnt say anything about the C's defense but facts are facts and its alot easier to stay in front of mo williams and jamison than it is to stay in front of wade and bosh...its a big upgrade for lebron and means that he doesnt have to do everything, every night for his team to win...which was the case in cleveland
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

You still stand by your prediction of the Heat beating the Celtics by 15 pts?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : i didnt say anything about the C's defense but facts are facts and its alot easier to stay in front of mo williams and jamison than it is to stay in front of wade and bosh...its a big upgrade for lebron and means that he doesnt have to do everything, every night for his team to win...which was the case in cleveland
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Sure you did.  You wrote:

lebron couldnt do it all himself...the C's shut down the rest of the team...thats why they lost and lebron moved on...end of story

That implies we did NOT shut down MeBron, when, in fact, we did!  Shutting down the rest of the team talks about the Celtics defense.  Saying MeBron did it all talks about the Celtics defense, and the facts are presented are an indication of how good the Celtics defense was on the ENTIRE team.

Other than that, though, you didn't say anything about the Celtics D.  You are splitting hairs to try to win an unwinnable arguement.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsrule08. Show celtsrule08's posts

Who is doing the game thread tonight?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : You still stand by your prediction of the Heat beating the Celtics by 15 pts?
    Posted by P34

if mikey miller was still in droppin some bombs...yeah

but since he is out and stackhouse/james jones takes his spot...im leaning more towards heat by 7 or 8...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : You still stand by your prediction of the Heat beating the Celtics by 15 pts?
    Posted by P34

Didn't he write earlier that he wasn't too worried about a backup SF?  Now, he's changing his "plea" from 15 to 7 or 8 because the immortal Mike Miller is out!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

actually hedleylamarr

A. its lebron...not mebron...get used to it
    B. you are reading too much into what im saying about the celtics...im not saying anything derogitory about their D...it did what it needed to, to win and advance...but lebron played a tremendous series and his numbers bare that out...and his teammates played like they belonged on a high school court...credit the celtics and insult the cavs...but lebron did not quit on the cavs no matter how many times charles barkley or whoever claims that he did

with all due respect...im not trying to win an unwinnable argument, im saying it like it is

Sections
Shortcuts