Predictions vs the The Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

Re: Predictions vs the The Heat

Real NBA champs never lose to teams like Barcelona, never!
    Posted by ConnectingRod

And all this time I thought real NBA champs never choke away games 6 and 7 after leading 3 games to 2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat:
    If there was ever a "Faker" fan, you are it.
    Posted by CK57

Tough words coming from someone who posts once a week then hides!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

If there was ever a "Faker" fan, you are it.
    Posted by CK57

I don't think worthy is a Laker fan either...and if he's a Boston fan, arrrrgh!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : Hey numchuck, the real nba champs which the LAKERS are have a Spaniard and someone who grew up there on our team.  You don't suppose that had something to do with it?  Obviously,  some of you "TARDS" are in for a rude awakening. 
    Posted by kobedaman

Spanish sardine?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

And all this time I thought real NBA champs never choke away games 6 and 7 after leading 3 games to 2.
    Posted by CK57

Once the Lakers fail to defend their title remember what I told you today. That no team in the history of the NBA has won a championship after losing to a Euro team in preseason. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : Once the Lakers fail to defend their title remember what I told you today. That no team in the history of the NBA has won a championship after losing to a Euro team in preseason. 
    Posted by LightSaber

The force is strong with this one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : Once the Lakers fail to defend their title remember what I told you today. That no team in the history of the NBA has won a championship after losing to a Euro team in preseason. 
    Posted by LightSaber

This season it'll be different. You'll see. Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

Once the Lakers fail to defend their title remember what I told you today. That no team in the history of the NBA has won a championship after losing to a Euro team in preseason. 
    Posted by LightSaber

Ok, I'll remember. 

And if the Lakers do defend their title, I'll remember that they are tied with Boston at 17, Kobe is tied with MJ at 6, they have their 2nd three-peat, Phil has his 4th three-peat and Kobe has accepted yet another Finals MVP trophy from Bill Russell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Ok, I'll remember.  And if the Lakers do defend their title, I'll remember that they are tied with Boston at 17, Kobe is tied with MJ at 6, they have their 2nd three-peat, Phil has his 4th three-peat and Kobe has accepted yet another Finals MVP trophy from Bill Russell.    
    Posted by CK57

I'll be one of the few to congratulate you if by some miracle that happens. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Well, Gasol may get the playoffs MVP this year :P

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Well, Gasol may get the playoffs MVP this year :P
    Posted by RUWorthy

Pau Gasol is not a franchise player. The Lakers have Kobe as Batman and Gasol as Robin. Last night, against the Jazz, the Lakers were on the verge of blowing out the Jazz in the 3rd qtr. After Kobe went out and Gasol took over the Lakers didn't look like an elite team. Not because Gasol is not a great player, he had 28 pts last night, he's just not Batman. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

What happenned to the thread topic? It seems it drifted to a silly Celtic's vs. Lakers argument again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

What happenned to the thread topic? It seems it drifted to a silly Celtic's vs. Lakers argument again.

Yeah, that's Fierce work of art. He is all over the place and can't stay in the subject.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : Just for future reference, how do people from Hopedale like their crow?
    Posted by BirdandCowens

couldnt tell ya...im not from hopedale

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : couldnt tell ya...im not from hopedale
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Your grandfather must be, since Joe Perry was born and raised there!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : Your grandfather must be, since Joe Perry was born and raised there!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

im close by

and i agree with the poster that said this game means more to miami...which is why i think they will find a way to win

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

What happenned to the thread topic? It seems it drifted to a silly Celtic's vs. Lakers argument again. Yeah, that's Fierce work of art. He is all over the place and can't stay in the subject.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

The mere fact that you're talking about my work of art means that you're also out of topic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Predictions vs the The Heat:
    Hard to believe the first game of the season is this close, so i thought we should all give our take on how we hope it will go.    I  for one am hoping the starters get a lot of rest this year so i am hoping to see a lot of bench play and i can't  wait to see Shaq this year and see if he still has it left for one more title.    We have a killer bench assuming it will be Nate, JON, Daniels, BBD and i am thinking Lasme makes it by a hair because he is a freak competitor and loves to hustle on blocks. As far as the rest well i have no idea for sure.    This year the key may be Ray and what he will give us for hopefully no more than 30 minutes a game.    The Heat obviously are talented but are undefined and we don't know if they are going to mesh or not, their bench isn't much and i am thinking they will make some changes a little later in the year.   Celtics by 8 or maybe more, sorry Laker fans but i believe this team is gonna be great and then we get Perk back and maybe get better.
    Posted by celtsrule08

You seeing that, CHE? 

Even the one who started the topic is out of topic. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The Heat are not yet ready to rule the world. As Lebron said, they are behind teams like Boston, Orlando and the Lakers.

With Wade out for much of the pre-season, their deficits at the center and point guard position, and the resurgence of KG, The Celtics will win.

In a year or two, they may be ready. Lebron and Wade are great players, but they will need more help against the Cs, and others, this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

The Heat are not yet ready to rule the world. As Lebron said, they are behind teams like Boston, Orlando and the Lakers. With Wade out for much of the pre-season, their deficits at the center and point guard position, and the resurgence of KG, The Celtics will win. In a year or two, they may be ready. Lebron and Wade are great players, but they will need more help against the Cs, and others, this year.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

Get real the Heat will be ready well before the playoffs start and rude awakening will be coming for Celtics fans. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Basketball will be the winner.
    Posted by RUWorthy

That, to me, would be the best possible outcome. I am scared that the refs will decide the game like they did when the Suns started getting every call in the WCF. I decided to not make it a finals thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : Get real the Heat will be ready well before the playoffs start and rude awakening will be coming for Celtics fans. 
    Posted by kobedaman

The Celtics biggest potential problem with the Heat will be age and energy. If the Celtics can sustain the energy level needed to get through a seven game series with a Heat team that will punish them, and demand double teams at the two and three spots, they can beat them. When you start a 32-year-old, a 33-year-old, a 34-year-old and a 35-year-old; two of those four have been in the NBA since they were 18 and thus have played more minutes (and taken more pounding) than nearly any similar-aged player in history. Even the sixth man will be 38, so the question will be, when does the decline of these players become so pervasive, it can no longer be overcome? 

The Lakers have the same question with 24, and sooner or later, mother nature will lay down the smack. The Celtics have this reality looming with multiple players potentially declining all at once. Maybe Rondo's game will continue to elevate and offset some of the overall decline of the aged, and keep the Celtics at a championship level for one more season. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

This is only one game on the schedule.  From pre-season, it looks like the C's are more ready, and healthier.  I'm not that concerned, other than I want to get off to a good start.  Both teams will be there at the end, HCA will be very key.  I think in games  like this, Doc will go for it......meaning he will play the starters more than usual. I wouldn't get too carried away, I think he will rest one player per game after about 20 games.  Ray, PP, KG and JON should play about 65- 70 games each.  Rest one against the MN, NY, NJ, PHI of the world - we should still beat them.  Go for wins against MIA, ORL LAL and CHI....that's about it.  Rest and health were what I preached last year, and it worked ALMOST to perfection.    Same thing this year, but we should win most of those games!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

kobewastheman.

Two or three on five are not great odds.

The Celtics came within six minutes of winning it all without their defensive minded starting center last year.

This year, KG is KG again, and Pierce is healthier. Those facts alone make the Celtics the team to beat. Add the very deep bench, and the fact that KG will likely not be double teamed when Shaq plays, and I like the Celtic's chances a lot.

Most pre-season predictions regarding the Celtics were based on KG not returning to 2008 form, as well as Shaq and Jermaine having nothing left. While the pre-season does not show much, it has shown that these things are not true. KG is jumping and moving again like the old KG, and both ONeils have been playing inspired ball. 

It should be a great year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions vs the The Heat : Really?  MeBron and Wade are hurt.  I don't think you'll jell by then.  Further, I don't think you were  a Heat fan last year.  Lastly, I'm formerly close by as well, a little old town called Milford, but I took my piano lessons in Hope-less-dale!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

lebron is fine and will play tonight...wade says his hammy is coming around and is working out in chicago (while he awaits a custody decision of his kids)

it might take them a while to jell but they are still going to be blowing teams out in the mean time based on talent overload alone

and to an extent, you are right...ive been a heat fan since 1989...back in the old seikaly, grant long, glen rice days

hell i still have a baby jordan jersey somewhere around the house

milford eh? no wonder you are opposed to a city with a major latino population Tongue out

Sections
Shortcuts