Preseason: Knicks vs. Celtics

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Preseason: Knicks vs. Celtics

If Jeff Green doesn't show some fire, Wallace is going to be playing in that starting SF slot.  I like his game.  He's active.  Avery Bradley looks way out of sorts at the point.

Sully is shooting too many jump shots.  He needs to go inside and use his body to make something happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I want to see a better effort on the boards tonight!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Green getting some pine time...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Sully can do something.  Sully can use his body and position himself for good shots inside.

Because he's being guarded by Chandler should not be a reason for him to not challenge him inside.  Sully has to take it to him.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Knicks have nice pieces that do not fit well together. CA will never lead this team to the finals! AS is often injured and JR Smith continues to make questionable decisions on and off of the court.

The team does not have an identity: defensive, offensive, half court, etc??

The C's have a better outlook at this point, then the mess that is the NY Knicks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Cs leading in rebs.... 14 to 12..... good sign....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Fav has got a little game!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Faverani!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm loving what I'm seeing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

GW will be our best player

After the Mavericks finished off the sweep, Magic Johnson said that the Lakers "embarrassed the organization" and called the fouls on Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum "classless."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Stevens has made more adjustments in 2 days than doc did in 3 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I love what I'm  seeing

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Faverani has at least 3 altered shots, 3 rebounds, and authentic offensive stuff. He's my new favorite player!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Stevens has made more adjustments in 2 days than doc did in 3 years.

+ 1 well stated... B. Stevens may just be the right fit for this young evolving team!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Looks like Faverani is a bargain at 2m per year.

"El Hombre Indestructible"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

With this team we should think more than 1st 5 but 1st 8. Very adaptable team and Stevens knows Fing basketball. I'm thinking an ": I told you so" moment in May.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Here's what we learned from Faverani's first interaction with the media:

1. He really wanted to join the Celtics

When asked about his decision to come to Boston, Faverani left little room for doubt that this is where he wanted to go.

"It [wasn't] difficult to come here," Faverani said. "It's the best team in the NBA. That's very important for me. So when I came her for perhaps the first time. I think I want to stay here forever."

The Brazilian center went even further when a reporter asked him what it meant to where the Green and White of the Celtics.

"I don't know [if] I can explain for you, you know," Faverani said. "It's a dream for me to put on this t-shirt."

The Celtics have brought in a number in Brazilian players (such as Fab Melo) over the past few seasons. But when he was asked about the franchise's track record, Faverani said that it didn't play a factor in his deciding to come to Boston.

2. The Celtics swooped in and signed him before any other teams could jump in

When one reporter asked if there were any other teams competing to sign him, Faverani mostly deferred to it being his manager's responsibility. All Faverani knows is that his manager told him that the Celtics wanted to sign him, and he said yes.

Ainge followed up by saying that the Celtics were in early on Faverani and worked quickly with his camp to get a deal done as soon as possible, to avoid any kind of bidding war.

3. He's physical, likes to play down in the paint but can also shoot 3-pointers

"My playstyle? I don't know, I like '5' plays in the paint: rebounds, dunks, pick-and-rolls... I'm [a] center -- no more," Faverani said.

Ainge followed up with a little more vivid description of Faverani's game.

"He loves to hit. He's physical," Ainge said. "He comes in an makes things happen and instigates contact and he can step out and shoot 3's. He's a pretty good passer from the high post and he runs the floor pretty well."

As for whether he'll be able to bring his game over to the NBA? Faverani's not sure. But it's still the same game.

"As I [said], I play physical plays. I like passes, I like dunks, I like [to] play pick-and-roll," Faverani said. "This is basketball, so I think [if] I can play in Spain like this, I hope I can play here too."

4. He likes his nickname: "El Hombre Indestructible"

"I don't know who put the nickname [on] me," Faverani said. "But I'm happy, because I like this name."

5. He didn't have a favorite player growing up, but there are some players he loves

Here are the top players that Faverani mentioned: Larry Bird ("I love Larry Bird, how he shoots and plays.") Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant.

6. His number 38 has a story behind it

"My friends, they play handball," Faverani said. "One day [at] my house we're waiting, and my number every time is 13. So [my friend says] if you play with 38, I'm getting a tattoo for you. So, [because I wore] the number 38, he got the tattoo."

Fortunately for Faverani's friend, he likes the number 38 and hasn't thought about changing to 13 to mess with him, as one reporter asked if he'd ever considered doing.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We have 8 to 9 player rotation with some movable parts depending on matchups

Sections
Shortcuts