Preseason: Knicks vs. Celtics

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Preseason: Knicks vs. Celtics

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

looks like lee doesnt want to be traded

Agree - I have seen better shooting at the Y on Tuesday nights! He is not worth his contract to date!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

1-18 to start

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

With this team we should think more than 1st 5 but 1st 8. Very adaptable team and Stevens knows Fing basketball. I'm thinking an ": I told you so" moment in May.

I told you so?

When the Knicks had their regular players out there, the Celts fell behind by 22 points.

It's very obvious this Celtics team don't have the talent to keep up with the legit playoff teams of the NBA right now.

What Ainge will be doing in May is finding out whether the Celts will be picking 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, or 1st in the 2014 Draft!

I am guessing DA has purchased season tickets at Jayhawks, Tarheels, and Wildcats b-ball arenas this season!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

But there is hope.

The Celts have nice pieces to build on.

Hopefully the Celts get lucky in the 2014 Draft.

+ 1 the Cs also have two very tradeable assets!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

But there is hope.

The Celts have nice pieces to build on.

Hopefully the Celts get lucky in the 2014 Draft.

Its true that we have a team full of role players:

Avery Bradley - D&3 - Not a true PG

Brandon Bass - Midrange shooting midrange guarding - Not a true PF

Jeff Green - Athletic Knockdown shooter transition driver - Not a #1 option

Gerald Wallace - Gritty defensive minded slasher - Not a shooting forward

Marshon Brooks - Scorer - Not a distributing guard no defense

Sullinger - Rebounder stretch 4 intelligent passer - Not a strong defensive center

Olynyk - strech shooter intelligent passer - Not a strong defensive center 

I'd say one thing is that he should play Avery Bradley more like a role player. If he starts, have him be the first one out. Play him limited minutes. We have a glut at SG, why not have them each focus on a consistent, disruptive role and go 100% for smaller minutes?

The rest of the team is so diverse and skillful that they could adapt around the changing of the guards. Bradley should just absolutely blow people away with his speed. Have the off guard (Lee or Crawford or Pressey) handle the point on non transition plays. Let Bradley cut and spot up. Essentially have the other guard initiate the P&R's

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

This is going to be a reccuring theme for this  team,  they will play hard but ultimately lose at the end.  The cs are just too undersized and not enough 3 pt shooting to effectively spread the floor in the halfcourt set, which is very important for a team that lacks a tru iso player.

While pressey did some nice things in the 4th, he did  it against mostly backups and 3rd stringers, he wont play one minute once rondo gets back.

I did like what i saw from vitor. We finally have a big who sets a pick and ROLLS to the hoop rather than pick and pop, and he also  finishes above the rim ( he even had a couple lefty dunks). He should work well with with rondo in the pick and roll similar to the chemistry rondo had with wilcox. I also like vitors defense, while not a shot blocker  he simply  gets in position and puts his arms up and forces guys to hit shots over him, while not fouling. I think we may have something with fav, you can  tell hes played pro for a number of years, he seems to be pretty polished. The complete opposite of his fellow coutryman fab melo.

Sully and gwallace have been our 2 best players. Sully def has a good mid range jumper, but not quiet nba 3 pt range, hes got to stop with the 3pt attmepts. 

If im brad stevens i really consider playin  j green at some 2 until rondo gets back. I actually like lee's game but im starting to wonder y. Idk what happened to him.

I think our most balanced and complete 5  is

ab

jgreen

gwallace

sully

vitor

You would have good size, defense and rebounding at every spot. The main concern with this lineup  would be lack of 3 pt shooting, but  I think thats the case when any combination we could put out there.    You could easily play hump instead of sully especially if you want to showcase him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Someone here still doesn't get it.

Nobody here expects the C's to be a contender let alone a playoff bound team this season.

But that doesn't mean they can't be competitive and get back to the playoffs sooner than expected.

With a legit center and a shooter they can turn it around quicker than expected.

Stevenson's guy (Babb) impressed, Pressey & Vitor looked good and Sims had some nice plays down low late in the game. Hump & Wallace were better than advertised. Lee, Brooks and Bogans were MIA ...

Remember that Babb, Pressey and Sims mostly played in garbage time, equatable to summer league competition. Pressey wasn't nearly as impresive going up against Felton.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Someone here still doesn't get it.

Nobody here expects the C's to be a contender let alone a playoff bound team this season.

But that doesn't mean they can't be competitive and get back to the playoffs sooner than expected.

With a legit center and a shooter they can turn it around quicker than expected.

Stevenson's guy (Babb) impressed, Pressey & Vitor looked good and Sims had some nice plays down low late in the game. Hump & Wallace were better than advertised. Lee, Brooks and Bogans were MIA ...

Remember that Babb, Pressey and Sims mostly played in garbage time, equatable to summer league competition. Pressey wasn't nearly as impresive going up against Felton.

[/QUOTE]

You didn't really expect them to play even with a seasoned playoff contender did you?

The fact that they stayed even the first half and never quit till the end is quite impressive for a bunch of young ballers. There were plenty of positives to take from this game and it shouldn't be diluted based on who was on the floor the last qtr. Our starters were on the bench too ... so give credit where credit is due.

[/QUOTE]

Ok...

Pressey and Babb and Sims played very well against 3rd string non-guarenteed guys who's names I can't even remember. Very proud!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Wow... Lee looked like sh*t. What happened to spending the summer working on his shooting? Their defense looks as predicted. Can't stop a wind-up toy. I enjoyed the excitement at the end of the game however. That's the kind of stuff I'll be looking for from this team this year, win or lose. It shows heart, and that never quit attitude we love to see in Boston. Good stuff.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

Wow... Lee looked like sh*t. What happened to spending the summer working on his shooting? Their defense looks as predicted. Can't stop a wind-up toy. I enjoyed the excitement at the end of the game however. That's the kind of stuff I'll be looking for from this team this year, win or lose. It shows heart, and that never quit attitude we love to see in Boston. Good stuff.

Pressey and Brooks are better than Bradley and Lee.

Sections
Shortcuts