Preseason Poll # One -- How Many Wins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Preseason Poll # One -- How Many Wins?

-

How many regular season games will the Celtics win this season?

-

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Preseason Poll # One -- How Many Wins?

Stein has the C's ranked 11th in his initial Power Rankings at ESPN.

Heat, Bulls and Knicks are all ranked ahead of us in the East.

He sez...

As if Celts fans weren't already worried about their creaky heroes coping with 66 games in such a short span, there's this worrisome omen: Boston is 94-14 (.870) before Christmas in the KG Era's four seasons ... and just 140-80 (.636) after Christmas.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

At this point, every guess is a wild guess, as the first five votes show.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

A trend is starting to show now, though...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Yes a trend is showing.

Too bad there is such a big difference between 39 wins and 45 wins. I'd consider 45 wins a very successful season, while 39 wins would be kind of dissappointing -- still enough to make the playoffs, though,  I'd guess. 

-

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

With this years schedule 10 - 15 games over .500 will be good for any team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Again, let me point out a mathematical fact: 10 games over .500 would be a WP% of .657, whereas 15 games over .500 would be a WP% of .727:  a huge statistical difference.

-

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

I say the Celtics win 50, ten of them on Celtic Pride alone.

We be Lethal Green.

---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---   

Slow dance with the Devil,
    Snow setting in the bezzle,
    Mo' sipping, phantom bumping Aaron Neville,
    Polo black scented, eyes squinted,
    Air Force One's with my own patent in it
    Fresher than a star, glowing up in the galaxy,
    Pagan holidays, are way far from my reality,
    Far through Evisu jeans, lethal green.

Merry Christmas.  Merry Pagan Holidays.

-

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Preseason Poll # One -- How Many Wins?:
    - Again, let me point out a mathematical fact: 10 games over .500 would be a WP% of .657 , whereas 15 games over .500 would be a WP% of .727 :  a huge statistical difference. -
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Check your math..

10 games over .500 would be a 38-28 record, (WP% .575) not .657

15 games over .500 is impossible in an even amount of games played (66). Celts can only be 41-25 (WP% .621) or 40-26 (WP% .606), nowhere near .727.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

In Response to Re: Preseason Poll # One -- How Many Wins? : Check your math.. 10 games over .500 would be a 38-28 record, (WP% .575) not .657 15 games over .500 is impossible in an even amount of games played (66). Celts can only be 41-25 (WP% .621) or 40-26 (WP% .606), nowhere near .727.
    Posted by Karllost

Pretty critical here. Was just stating with this season schedule finishing 10 to 14 (correction) games over .500 is going to be tough. Has anyone look at the schedule yet? Some nights are back to back with a plane ride. (Short ride) but non the less. Believe the toughest month is going to be April. Happy Holidays to posters and the Celtics. Go get em' Celtics.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Good post. this will be fun to look at, at the end of the year. I picked 33 to 38 wins. I don't see this team getting the benefits of any calls like they use to. Seems the league is already pushing them out. I think they'll win around 35 games. Hope I'm wrong though. Would love for 1 more push in the finals.

However, if they don't look like they're going to win 35-37+ games by trade deadline. Will Danny pull the plug?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Preseason Poll # One -- How Many Wins? : Check your math.. 10 games over .500 would be a 38-28 record, (WP% .575) not .657 15 games over .500 is impossible in an even amount of games played (66). Celts can only be 41-25 (WP% .621) or 40-26 (WP% .606), nowhere near .727.

Posted by Karllost

-

I don't understand your math. Please explain.

In a 66 game schedule, 33 - 33, would be a WP of .500.  10 games over .500 (33 + 10 = 43 wins) would be a record of 43 - 23 for a WP of .651.  Is this correct?

15 wins over .500  (33 + 15 = 48) would be a record of 48 - 18 for a Wp of .727.  Is this also correct?

My math albility has always been suspect.

-

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i like this year's model celtics. look for stronger bench play than last year. and more running. 44-22's my guess. what's that, 200%? ha! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Stein has the C's ranked 11th in his initial Power Rankings at ESPN. Heat, Bulls and Knicks are all ranked ahead of us in the East. He sez... As if Celts fans weren't already worried about their creaky heroes coping with 66 games in such a short span, there's this worrisome omen: Boston is 94-14 (.870) before Christmas in the KG Era's four seasons ... and just 140-80 (.636) after Christmas. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Stein is a complete moron.Every pre seasson a keep track of his predictions.He is a joke and espn pays him real money.If rhese experts had a job evaluation,they would be fired.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think we are looking at somewhere between 35 and forty wins.  All that will matter is the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Preseason Poll # One -- How Many Wins? : Stein is a complete moron.Every pre seasson a keep track of his predictions.He is a joke and espn pays him real money.If rhese experts had a job evaluation,they would be fired.
    Posted by debrit

A complete moron? Don't think so. During the KG era, he has consistently ranked the C's within the top 3 or so every preseason including last year.

This year is clearly different. He senses something.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Preseason Poll # One -- How Many Wins? : - I don't understand your math. Please explain. In a 66 game schedule, 33 - 33, would be a WP of .500.  10 games over .500 (33 + 10 = 43 wins) would be a record of 43 - 23 for a WP of .651.  Is this correct? 15 wins over .500  (33 + 15 = 48) would be a record of 48 - 18 for a Wp of .727.  Is this also correct? My math albility has always been suspect. -
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Yes, your math leaves alot to be desired. In your world is a record of 48-18 really 15 games over .500? 

Ten games over .500 isnt 43 wins... its how many wins more than losses.  So, 38-28 is 10 games over .500 (38-28 = 10)  Your example of 42-23 is 20 games over .500...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Preseason Poll # One -- How Many Wins? : Yes, your math leaves alot to be desired. In your world is a record of 48-18 really 15 games over .500?  Ten games over .500 isnt 43 wins... its how many wins more than losses.  So, 38-28 is 10 games over .500 (38-28 = 10)  Your example of 42-23 is 20 games over .500...

Posted by Karllost

-

I'm looking at final records.  If 33 wins in a 66 game season equals a .500 WP, exactly,   Then why would not a final record of 10 games over .500 equal 43 wins?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm looking at final records.  If 33 wins in a 66 game season equals a .500 WP, exactly,   Then why would not a final record of 10 games over .500 equal 43 wins?
    Posted by RajonRondowski

I'm a numbers guy myself and that never made sense to me either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Preseason Poll # One -- How Many Wins? : - I'm looking at final records.  If 33 wins in a 66 game season equals a .500 WP, exactly,   Then why would not a final record of 10 games over .500 equal 43 wins?
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Take it one game at a time:
    33-33 is .500
    One more win means also one less loss:  34-32   2 games over
    35 - 31 - 4 games over

I leave the rest to you as an exercise!!  Hey, man, I'm on vacation - don't make me teach math at Christmas time!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts