President of the Jeff Green Fan Club!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

President of the Jeff Green Fan Club!!!!

Okay, first, I hated the Jeff Green trade. Then I apologized to Green. Now I would like to consider myself president of the Jeff Green Fan club.

I know everyone is a bit down, but this was without KG!!! We are in good shape going forward. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Re: President of the Jeff Green Fan Club!!!!

In response to jtkl's comment:

Okay, first, I hated the Jeff Green trade. Then I apologized to Green. Now I would like to consider myself president of the Jeff Green Fan club.

I know everyone is a bit down, but this was without KG!!! We are in good shape going forward. 

I'll join your club. Looks like he got James' number (sort of), this will be a confidence booster for the play-offs. To produce like that one year after heart surgery is amazing and a testimony to his great physical talent. He'll even live up to his contract after all. The heart of a champion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Pa-Pow's comment:

Two words ----> STUPID ASS

Must have been looking in the mirror. Don't be so hard on yourself my sad little friend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

I'll join your club. Looks like he got James' number (sort of), this will be a confidence booster for the play-offs. To produce like that one year after heart surgery is amazing and a testimony to his great physical talent. He'll even live up to his contract after all. The heart of a champion.

The future is bright!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

This will go down as another one of very astute Danny signing.  Good to see Jeff Green step up.  I am looking forward to the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

Definitely agree with you.  It was a great game by Jeff last night.  Hopefully, he will have more games like last night for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

This will go down as another one of very astute Danny signing.  Good to see Jeff Green step up.  I am looking forward to the playoffs.

It was also a testament to Doc and how he has brought Green along.  This kid has had a lot of things to deal with here and look at him now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

It was also a testament to Doc and how he has brought Green along.  This kid has had a lot of things to deal with here and look at him now.

Agreed. Advanced stat guys have (like Hollinger) have hated green, but advanced stats are now working in his favor because doc has him doing the little things (like closing out on shooters) 

Green played a great game. He won't do this evernight, but he could be a major problem for the heat and the league come the playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Posters here were the first place I remember seeing the Worthy comparison.  JG may be improving to the point where is deserving that praise.  Another reason Bill Simmons is a farce --- he gets all that prais,e and the posters here were way ahead on seeing JG's emergence to a higher level. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I've been in the club. Something tells me that KG's injury may not be as bad as they are saying. It may be more about getting Green's confidence up and letting him really get comfortable...plus it gives KG some rest. It's a win-win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I've been in the club. Something tells me that KG's injury may not be as bad as they are saying. It may be more about getting Green's confidence up and letting him really get comfortable...plus it gives KG some rest. It's a win-win.

Supposedly he was just sick with the flu and would have played otherwise. Either way I think that has to get in the head of the Heat a little bit.  I mean on the celtics side, no Rondo, no KG, no Sullinger, and still the Heat were in a street fight. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Let me fix your post...

Okay, first, I hated the Jeff Green trade. Then I apologized to Green. Now I would like to consider myself president of the Jeff Green Fan club. By next week I will hate him again, becuase he's the biggest tease in the NBA.

I know everyone is a bit down, but this was without the soon-to-be 37 KG!!! We won a meaningless moral victory that fans will remember forever. Too bad this team will continue to suffer a slow, steady decline into irrelevancy going forward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Green is a pretty good player who had a great night.

That's who he has always been, a pretty good player.

I don't get at times why people make things so complicated. For example people act like Randolph and DJ White might be really good, when it is obvious that they aren't really good purely by what they have accomplished as pro basketball players.

Green is what he is.  A talented player who will get you 13 to 17 points a game, 5 or 6 board, and play good D.

That's what he has always been.  It isn't a mystery.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Let me fix your post...

Okay, first, I hated the Jeff Green trade. Then I apologized to Green. Now I would like to consider myself president of the Jeff Green Fan club. By next week I will hate him again, becuase he's the biggest tease in the NBA.

I know everyone is a bit down, but this was without the soon-to-be 37 KG!!! We won a meaningless moral victory that fans will remember forever. Too bad this team will continue to suffer a slow, steady decline into irrelevancy going forward.

I feel your pain bloopy. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Let me fix your post...

I feel your pain bloopy. 

last night was the coming out party for Jeff Green. an athletic 6'9" dude who can stick it from anywhere on the court. he is the most important player in the continuation of this great franchise. we should have won but we didn't. oh well. it's all good. Miami - we'll see you in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

A blowing-with-the-wind thread by the author which will probably change directions yet again should Greens game start to falter...

Gee, now that Green scored 43... youre prez of his fan club? lol What a tool.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Last I noticed, jtkl was still prez/GM/CEO/founder of the R9R fan club and one of its few remaining members.

And now she gives JG the kiss of death by claiming to be head hancho of yet another fan club.

How fickle can one gurly-gurl be?

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Last I noticed, jtkl was still prez/GM/CEO/founder of the R9R fan club and one of its few remaining members.

And now she gives JG the kiss of death by claiming to be head hancho of yet another fan club.

How fickle can one gurly-gurl be?

Pud

Pud is fond of "oh Yeah? Well you're a girl" insults.

His intellectual maturity  and rapier like wit is stunning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

hmmmmmmmmmmm, just a few weeks ago almost all of you wants GREEN TRADED! where is fierce who claimed lived in fantasy land? he's now in the different timezone?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

JG has intrigued with his power-drive, Worthy-like dunks since preseason.  What he has gradually added is much better ball handling using cross overs and hesitation moves with more confidence and precision.  Hubbie noted last week that he was impressed with how JG "kept his man on his hip" as he drove from the top of the key to wiggle in for a layup. Now JG does not have to finish hith the thunder, highlight dunk. Now Doc can run iso's for him and let him finish using the glass.  He is no longer a 16-17 pt per game guy.  He is not "what he is" any more. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to postal5's comment:

JG has intrigued with his power-drive, Worthy-like dunks since preseason.  What he has gradually added is much better ball handling using cross overs and hesitation moves with more confidence and precision.  Hubbie noted last week that he was impressed with how JG "kept his man on his hip" as he drove from the top of the key to wiggle in for a layup. Now JG does not have to finish hith the thunder, highlight dunk. Now Doc can run iso's for him and let him finish using the glass.  He is no longer a 16-17 pt per game guy.  He is not "what he is" any more. 

Hmmmmmmm. I could be very happy with 16-17 PPG versus current 12 PPG.

So he is now "what he isn't."

Fair weather fans.... this  is going to end poorly I can tell.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to postal5's comment:

Hmmmmmmm. I could be very happy with 16-17 PPG versus current 12 PPG.

So he is now "what he isn't."

Fair weather fans.... this  is going to end poorly I can tell.

Pud

He averages 16 a game per 36 minutes.

Green has always been a guy that aveages 15 or 16 a game when he gets starter minutes.

Everyone is actlng like this i some big mystery. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

A great deal of players in the NBA can score 30 if the team gives them the ball and a green light to score. Trouble with JG has been his coach. Maybe Green will get more opportunities, maybe not... who knows what goes on in btw Docs ears

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

A great deal of players in the NBA can score 30 if the team gives them the ball and a green light to score. Trouble with JG has been his coach. Maybe Green will get more opportunities, maybe not... who knows what goes on in btw Docs ears

Then he had the same trouble in OKC.

Per 36 minutes 

09 16.2 points 

10 14.7 points 

1114.8 points

13 16.0 points.

this is who he is.