President of the Jeff Green Fan Club!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: President of the Jeff Green Fan Club!!!!

In response to prakash's comment:

This will go down as another one of very astute Danny signing.  Good to see Jeff Green step up.  I am looking forward to the playoffs.

Green,Ab, Rondo, Sully, all picked through the draft...

But Danny is an idiot..right..

and Doc cant coach...lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

This will go down as another one of very astute Danny signing.  Good to see Jeff Green step up.  I am looking forward to the playoffs.

and Doc cant coach...lol

I think the bigger issue was the contract. Coming off of heart surgery, it appeared that DA was negotiating for Green against himself

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

and Doc cant coach...lol

Well - PITINO picked Pierce, Billups and Joe Johnson.................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

and Doc cant coach...lol

Well - PITINO picked Pierce, Billups and Joe Johnson.................

Pitino picked like 5th, 10th, and 11th in the draft.  He also picked Mercer and Kendrick Brown with lottery picks (I think?).  Danny may have loved to be picking with the super high picks from the 90's.  Telfair was the only pick that made me want to cry. I was dying for a trade up to get Brandon Roy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to postal5's comment:

JG has intrigued with his power-drive, Worthy-like dunks since preseason.  What he has gradually added is much better ball handling using cross overs and hesitation moves with more confidence and precision.  Hubbie noted last week that he was impressed with how JG "kept his man on his hip" as he drove from the top of the key to wiggle in for a layup. Now JG does not have to finish hith the thunder, highlight dunk. Now Doc can run iso's for him and let him finish using the glass.  He is no longer a 16-17 pt per game guy.  He is not "what he is" any more. 

Hmmmmmmm. I could be very happy with 16-17 PPG versus current 12 PPG.

So he is now "what he isn't."

Fair weather fans.... this  is going to end poorly I can tell.

Pud

SnakeOil,

I know you have given a JG a fair shake and your estimate of what he will produce is logical.  I am just more than hopeful that JG has improved his one-on-one game.  I mean, Lebron has improved his game the past couple years and he had much more court time in which to  plateau.  I expect JG can now be given more iso's and shoot near 50%, while also getting to the line. Combining more iso's with his now being a major finisher on the break leads to more than 16 points/per.  This all assumes he gets the big minutes.  Everyone here seems to agree his defense has improved, so his minutes should go up.  Also, he is shooting his best FT percentage in his carrer and his field goal percentage the 2 Celts seasons are the best of his career.  He may just be peaking the next couple years?  

He averages 16 a game per 36 minutes.

Green has always been a guy that aveages 15 or 16 a game when he gets starter minutes.

Everyone is actlng like this i some big mystery. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I really hope this is a breakthrough for Green, but actually it is not really realistic. Not very often players change their personality at his age.

By the way: Here is the coming out game of an offensive monster in the history of basketball (34 points, 23 boards)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMIB_-fqwpM

It was finally just one game, which we lost anyway. Don't overreact.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

I really hope this is a breakthrough for Green, but actually it is not really realistic. Not very often players change their personality at his age.

By the way: Here is the coming out game of an offensive monster in the history of basketball (34 points, 23 boards)

Good example of one hot game with Ambassador Rodman getting 34.  Yes JG has not been flashing this level of skill very long, so it is no sure thing he will not be back to his career average.  The most awesome example of one lucky game I can think of was Acie Earl getting about 40 points.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to postal5's comment:

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Good example of one hot game with Ambassador Rodman getting 34.  Yes JG has not been flashing this level of skill very long, so it is no sure thing he will not be back to his career average.  The most awesome example of one lucky game I can think of was Acie Earl getting about 40 points.

Fair points. 

Sections
Shortcuts