pressy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

pressy

he looks verry good now that he is playing would you consider traiding rondo now

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: pressy

Yes, Pressy clearly has learned from Rondo, has strong pedigree, and fits brad's system.

No, Rondo should emerge when he is all healed up as a top 10 playoff player (ie, half court and take over games).

tough call

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

You guys get that you can hate Rondo and still know that Pressey isn't any good right? It doesn't have to be one or the other. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Pressey has turned out to be better than i first thought he would be. He probably has a long career as a pretty good back up point guard. I wouldn't mind seeing him back next year.  Rondo so far has not been a good fit for Stevens system. I think he will be traded or  if not will walk after his contract is up.  What teams could be destinations for Rondo? Houston, Lakers, the Knicks although who would we want back?  Maybe Orlando, he may like the weather, and they may be willing to part with their draft pick for a top notch point guard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I'll admit, I thought pressey was going to be a 3rd stringer/dleaguer for life. But he has played very well. Evident by his record of 6-4 as a starter. His execution on the pick and roll on BOTH ENDS, has been very impressive. He really fights thru pick and rolls very well. Plus he can pressure the ball, he is a mini ab in that reguard. This is something rondo should take notice of from and learn from the rookie.

On the offensive end he runs the pick and roll very nicely, he runs it very tight, (doesnt take wide routes) and makes quick decisions and seems to pass the ball with very good timing. He has shown EXCELLENT handle with a very quick burst when he decides to attack the rim. When he does attack the rim its almost always to pass, this is where he needs to develop a floater. Def something for him to work on over the summer.

He also plays with very good pace, doesnt walk the ball up after def rebounds or turnovers really looks to push on every attempt.

The most surprising thing has been his athleticism, as evidence of that putback dunk on cj fastbreak miss attempt. Little man can really get up. He has also on  many occasions gone coast to coast for finishes. Seemingly going by guys like they were stuck in sand.

Got to give da credit for getting this guy as an UNDRAFTED rookie. Very good find. Ill admit I sold pressey short (pun intended). But the guy has been a pleasant surprise when given playing time.  If he continues to improve and play with that chip on his shoulder, he will have a long career as a capable backup pg.

PS. If your going to make a thread about a guy at least spell his name right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

IF Pressey can work on his shot, he can play in this league but teams dare him to shoot they know he is not a good shoooter and is also reluctant to take the shot. He develops a shot and is more willing to take it he can be a solid player thats a big if.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Pressey is better than Rondo, but I think he is too small to start for an entire season.

He is a very good backup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

You guys get that you can hate Rondo and still know that Pressey isn't any good right? It doesn't have to be one or the other. 

Agreed....I may not love Rondo, but I'm not about to jettison Rondo for Pressey...that's insane...each has their own situation to be dealt with and one for the other is nuts...they are mutually exclusive issues.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Pressey is better than Rondo, but I think he is too small to start for an entire season.

He is a very good backup.

I think Pressey might be better than Chris Paul.

Shooting 31 percent from the floor. 61 percent from the free throw line.  

His Per is 9. 15 is considered average.

This guy is amazing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Agreed....I may not love Rondo, but I'm not about to jettison Rondo for Pressey...that's insane...each has their own situation to be dealt with and one for the other is nuts...they are mutually exclusive issues.

It's like most of the guys on this board dont actually know there are a lot of better pgs in the NBA than Pressey.

Scary stuff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Pressey is better than Rondo"

You mean the Rondo that was the best player on the floor for a few games against Lebron's Miami Heat?

Ummm, no. 

Pressey is better than a Rondo recovering from knee surgery though, I agree with that. 

, but I think he is too small to start for an entire season."

Right - Pressey has heart and deserves a backup PG spot. 

But to address the OP, he doesn't solve the Rondo issue because Pressey is not a starter in this league - at least not for a really good team. 

Rondo's situation may come down to contractual terms, Ainge will have some options there to think about. My gut feel is he will be traded.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Pressey is better than Rondo"

You mean the Rondo that was the best player on the floor for a few games against Lebron's Miami Heat?

Ummm, no. 

Pressey is better than a Rondo recovering from knee surgery though, I agree with that. 

, but I think he is too small to start for an entire season."

Right - Pressey has heart and deserves a backup PG spot. 

But to address the OP, he doesn't solve the Rondo issue because Pressey is not a starter in this league - at least not for a really good team. 

Rondo's situation may come down to contractual terms, Ainge will have some options there to think about. My gut feel is he will be traded.

Rondo is no longer good enough to start in the NBA.

Find someone dumb enough to take his contract and trade him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Over 177 minutes of floor time in 13 appearance in March, Pressey was a team-best plus-35 in plus/minus, one of only five players -- all limited-minute reserves -- to finish in the positive. Starting point guard Rajon Rondo was minus-113 over 442 minutes in 12 appearance (while Jeff Green was a team-worst minus-120).

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4712041/pressey-a-bright-spot-in-a-gloomy-march?ex_cid=espnapi_public

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics rookie point guard Phil Pressey has done the impossible this month: He's made one of the league's most inefficient offenses perform as if it were among the NBA elite.

Through six games this month, the Celtics are averaging a ridiculous 114.3 points per 100 possessions with Pressey on the floor. That's an insane number for a team that owns an offensive rating of 99.6, third worst in the league this season. But Pressey has jump-started Boston (his rating is 8.7 points higher than the team's average this month) while playing 26 minutes per game in six appearances in April, including leading the team to consecutive victories in spot starts for Rajon Rondo.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4712342/pressey-giving-cs-offense-a-jolt?ex_cid=espnapi_public

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Neat posts Chris.

There are a lot of PG's in the NBA. I am glad you have chosen to pick Pressey as one that you like. 

Of all point guards.

63 of them are ranked higher in PER than Pressey.

90 of them have a higher FG percentage than Pressey.

77 or them have a higher 3 point percentage than pressey.

86 of them have a higher free throw percentage than Pressey.

54 of them have less turnovers per 48 minutes than Pressey.

64 of them have more rebounds per 48 minutes than Pressey.

18 have more assists per 48 minutesd

90 of them score higher per 48 minutes.

Pressey is very lucky to have found you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

The point guard position is over rated in basketball, if you don't have a Steph curry or Westbrook don't even bother they can shoot the ball, rondo can't. Trade Rondo for a big. (Detroit)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

The point guard position is over rated in basketball, if you don't have a Steph curry or Westbrook don't even bother they can shoot the ball, rondo can't. Trade Rondo for a big. (Detroit)

I don't think anyone wants him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

I don't think anyone wants him.

But then again you also really like Phil Pressey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Pressey has a 6-4 mark as a starter, while the Celtics are a mere 24-43 the last two seasons when Rondo plays. A heightened sample size would almost certainly bring Pressey back to earth a bit, but it's undeniable that he's making good things happen during his time on the floor.

Consider this: Pressey ranks 18th in the NBA in points created by assists per 48 minutes at 23.3, according to the league's player-tracking data. That number is better than the likes of Deron Williams (22.8), Kyle Lowry (22.7) and Tony Parker (22.1).

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4712342/pressey-giving-cs-offense-a-jolt?ex_cid=espnapi_public

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Pressey has a 6-4 mark as a starter, while the Celtics are a mere 24-43 the last two seasons when Rondo plays. A heightened sample size would almost certainly bring Pressey back to earth a bit, but it's undeniable that he's making good things happen during his time on the floor.

Consider this: Pressey ranks 18th in the NBA in points created by assists per 48 minutes at 23.3, according to the league's player-tracking data. That number is better than the likes of Deron Williams (22.8), Kyle Lowry (22.7) and Tony Parker (22.1).

Dude.

Neat posts Chris.

There are a lot of PG's in the NBA. I am glad you have chosen to pick Pressey as one that you like. 

Of all point guards.

63 of them are ranked higher in PER than Pressey.

90 of them have a higher FG percentage than Pressey.

77 or them have a higher 3 point percentage than pressey.

86 of them have a higher free throw percentage than Pressey.

54 of them have less turnovers per 48 minutes than Pressey.

64 of them have more rebounds per 48 minutes than Pressey.

18 have more assists per 48 minutesd

90 of them score higher per 48 minutes.

Pressey is very lucky to have found you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Chris...you can hate Rondo and still understand that there are about 50 point guards in the NBA that are better than Pressey.

I promise. You can.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Chris...you can hate Rondo and still understand that there are about 50 point guards in the NBA that are better than Pressey.

I promise. You can.

And I don't think Chris is trying to say he is the best out there. You are missing the thread and the big picture of it all. Pressey is the Celtics backup PG, itswhat we have no comparison is made. And that he is indeed a good PG. His recent success combined with his successful starts are only to be avoided by someone that doesn't want to admit he is indeed good specially for his size. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

I promise. You can.

And I don't think Chris is trying to say he is the best out there. You are missing the thread and the big picture of it all. Pressey is the Celtics backup PG, itswhat we have no comparison is made. And that he is indeed a good PG. His recent success combined with his successful starts are only to be avoided by someone that doesn't want to admit he is indeed good specially for his size. 

Bingo.

Sections
Shortcuts