pretty obvious we need a trade. list your top option here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

pretty obvious we need a trade. list your top option here

after last night, we need to do something. let me hear all of your top trade options and or free agent signings

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: pretty obvious we need a trade. list your top option here

Celtics needs a hi-way robbery type of trade to compete this season. If they can get a legit center without giving away half of the roster's skills they can salvage the season and compete. If they give away a lot, then kiss this season goodbye and follow the rebuilding route.

That is why assembling a solid team from start the season is far better position than tweaking it in the mid season. Too big of adjustment ain't gonna work. I didn't buy that Terry-Lee tandem zhyte either...waste of time & money.

In my opinion, Celtics has only 4 starting players to carry the rebuild. Rondo-Green-Sully -- asterisk on MELO & Bradley (if they can play). So, they have very limited players who can stand up.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I like the team. I don't like you.

hehehehe..you made my day..i'm happy to go to work now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Doc Rivers for Gregg Popovich.

I thought you liked this team as is, Kirk? So why you want to trade the coach?

wanna trade fierce? lol

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

Doc Rivers for Gregg Popovich.

I thought you liked this team as is, Kirk? So why you want to trade the coach?

wanna trade fierce? lol

Yes, trade Fierce for RUWorthy.

:-)

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Before I work, ----Fierce will *vck up sox thread guarantee - I better go and work for this boy

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

This is the problem with some of the people here, they get upset when you speak the truth.

When the Celtics were on a 6-game winning streak, "no trades because I like the team as is".

Now that the Celtics are losing again, trade Doc for Popovich. 

2 words - FLIP-FLOP!

I was not estatic with the 6 game win streak as teams were mediocre like us !!!

Mea Culpa if I sound like the prophet of doom but even if we won vs Cleveland and maybe even put together a 2-3 game streak,  around the corner would likely be another 2-3 game streak in the other direction. Don't you really think Doc has had enough time juggling this lineup to find the best combination & then to learn that it is still not good enough !!!

We need a banger rebounder who can also muscle in the ball and give us at least a double double of points and rebounds. And  he is not just to relieve KG but let KG play the PF he prefers, I think, as he is deadly 5-15 ft out and can shoot over most other PFs who are 6'8"/6'9".  And let Sully play the other PF. Keep Wilcox, not a center but a feisty rebounder like Sully is and Big Baby was with us. Also, bring up Melo asap & hope he develops. Rondo & Bradley continue as guards(can play long minutes as young) and Barbosa as a backup.  Lee and Terry too if not needed in a trade as backups.

Get rid of Bass and Lee, Green & Terry too & toss in some draft choices if necessary to get Cousins and, if not, Gortat !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

A consequential trade,  who wants Bass, Green or Terry now?  Who is coming over for them?  Sully, Melo, Bradley will have to be in a package for that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

Before I work, ----Fierce will *vck up sox thread guarantee - I better go and work for this boy

That's right, che, go and work while I post here all day.

No work, no dumplings, che.

Gee you have a great fun life...

ROTFLMAO!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

1.  Rondo for Evans and Cousins

2.  Green, Lee and Bass for Howard and Jamison

3.  Green for Millsap; Bass for Lowry - or Green and Bass for Jefferson!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

1.  Rondo for Evans and Cousins

2.  Green, Lee and Bass for Howard and Jamison

3.  Green for Millsap; Bass for Lowry - or Green and Bass for Jefferson!

1. Doubt that the Kings would trade Cousins for Rondo straight up. Forget about adding Evans (although I would love to get both players.  Prob take Rondo, Sully, Melo, plus 1st round pick.

2. Couldn't get Howard (forget about Jamison) for Green, Lee and Bass plus More !!  Prob take Rondo, Green and Bradley and/or Sully.  They can keep Jamison = older version of Green

3. Milsap better than Green.  Lowry better than Bass.

Overall, you like everyone else on this board thinks we can trade our junk and get quality players in return.  You are all going to be disappointed when a trade is made and you realize the true value of our players that you over-rate.  The only players of value that other teams want and we can get sometthing in return - Rondo, Bradley, Sully and Green.  Be prepared to lose at least two of those players in rebuilding effort that begins with a true center.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Big Al for Green, Lee, draft pick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

If ownership is committed to retaining season ticket holders and CSN ratings, this team is hopeless.

Assuming otherwise...

1.) Fire Ainge and replace him with an exec from a smart organization (i.e. OKC or SA) over a "big name".

2.) Trade RR, PP, and KG while attaching Bass, JET and Green to their deals.

3.) Tank the remainder of the season.

4.) Continue the rebuilding process.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

B jennings, Sanders, Gooden for Rondo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from international. Show international's posts

Emeka Okafor,he is playing very good and Washinton has a lot of bigs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

Rondo to Orlando for Nikola vucevic and Jameer Nelson

Rondo and maybe a pick to Dallas for Collison and Kaman (both expiring contracts)

I dont care what anyone says, i think jeff green will and should take over for pierce. The dude can play but people seem to forget he is coming off of heart surgery. He is young and will be fine. 

Sections
Shortcuts