Projected Future of the Current Roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Projected Future of the Current Roster

Here's what I think Danny is going to do.  He wants to build from ground up with his multiple draft picks and take a chance on young cheap talent with potential that can find a new life in Boston or be jettisoned in a year or two when their contract expires.  He will get rid of the older guys and big contracts and make room for a lot of CAP space in the next two years to bring in one or two stellar players via trade and/or FA.  I would think that he will try to trade Wallace and use Bogans $5M and cash considerations to ease the pain. probably in conjunction with a Rondo package or giving away Bass and/or Anthony.  Without further adieu... the future may look like this:

Part of the Rebuild - Smart / Bradley / Thornton / Young / Turner? / Sully / Oly / Zeller / Fav   (9 players) - All young cheap talent with upside.

Probably (or hopefully) Traded before next season:  -  Bass / Anthony / Rondo (can't afford to waste max money in a rebuild, especially when he is an incomplete player and can return younger and cheaper similar value

? Should he Stay or should he Go ?Green (dude is only 27. Arguably the best all-around player/athlete on the Celtics with upside and 2 years left on a decent contract.  I keep him.

Detritus (no value): -  Bogans / Johnson / Babb / Pressey  / IversonWallace  (these dudes have no future in the NBA)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Projected Future of the Current Roster

Part of the Rebuild - Smart / Bradley / Thornton / Young / Turner? / Sully / Oly / Zeller / Fav   (9 players) - All young cheap talent with upside.

Put 2 All Stars with that group    a 22 point scorer and a double double rim protector and you have a contender

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Put 2 All Stars with that group    a 22 point scorer and a double double rim protector and you have a contender

[/QUOTE]

That's basically what almost every NBA team needs.

HAHAHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

everyone but Cleveland Houston and OKC

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

everyone but Cleveland Houston and OKC

[/QUOTE]

True.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Love might not look bad with that group, or Love and Monroe

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Love and McRoberts and were 2nd best team in the East

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's what I think Danny is going to do.  He wants to build from ground up with his multiple draft picks and take a chance on young cheap talent with potential that can find a new life in Boston or be jettisoned in a year or two when their contract expires.  He will get rid of the older guys and big contracts and make room for a lot of CAP space in the next two years to bring in one or two stellar players via trade and/or FA.  I would think that he will try to trade Wallace and use Bogans $5M and cash considerations to ease the pain. probably in conjunction with a Rondo package or giving away Bass and/or Anthony.  Without further adieu... the future may look like this:

Probably (or hopefully) Traded before next season:  -  Bass / Anthony / Rondo (can't afford to waste max money in a rebuild, especially when he is an incomplete player and can return younger and cheaper similar value

? Should he Stay or should he Go ?Green (dude is only 27. Arguably the best all-around player/athlete on the Celtics with upside and 2 years left on a decent contract.  I keep him.

Detritus (no value): -  Bogans / Johnson / Babb / Pressey  / IversonWallace  (these dudes have no future in the NBA)

[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. Nice overview. 

Unless Green can net a young prospect I don't see any reason to trade him either. Good locker room guy and he's fun to watch 1/3rd of the time. And he isnt going to win you any meaningless games by himself.

I completely expect him to opt out after next season though. Considering how much $$$ Hayward and Parsons got he probably believes himself to be worth close to what they are. I can see him getting a 3 year $30mil contract with some team out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Play him every third game. Just have to figure out his mystery cycle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Take Green out back and shoot him...then bury the useless, gutless slug...he sucks and will never be any good...he's the least effective and least meaningful 15 pt./game player in NBA history...Evan Turner will mean more to the C's future of success than Mr. Green Jeans...Danny LeStrange GM blew it with this trade and signing...all those saying keep him, he had a great losing playoffs against the world beating NY Knicks two seasons ago, he's young and has potential will be emoting the same sad BS two years from now, except they'll re-dredge ancient history and mention the losing playoff performance of 4 years ago!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Sullinger is a great rebounder and can pass, but he struggles against length and can't finish or protect the rim.

Olynyk has improved his shooting, but can't defend, can't rebound, and is turnover prone.

I'm guessing the Cs will take the stupid path and hold onto these guys long enough that they lose any trade value they have. That would be bad PR.

The only player worth keeping long term, is Smart.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Take Green out back and shoot him...then bury the useless, gutless slug...he sucks and will never be any good...he's the least effective and least meaningful 15 pt./game player in NBA history...Evan Turner will mean more to the C's future of success than Mr. Green Jeans...Danny LeStrange GM blew it with this trade and signing...all those saying keep him, he had a great losing playoffs against the world beating NY Knicks two seasons ago, he's young and has potential will be emoting the same sad BS two years from now, except they'll re-dredge ancient history and mention the losing playoff performance of 4 years ago!

[/QUOTE]

Most worthless 15 ppg guy in the league? He's close but I'd say its Monroe. So if we get Monroe we could have the three most useless garbage scorers in the league! That would be just...FN GREAT!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Most worthless 15 ppg guy in the league? He's close but I'd say its Monroe. So if we get Monroe we could have the three most useless garbage scorers in the league! That would be just...FN GREAT!

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would generally agree with this. Ainge is still looking to get into lottery.(why else does he keep stockpiling picks) so this year I think he wants to give the illusion to fans that he wants to win by making a few moves but its all with an eye towards the future. Bradley was a fan favorite so he was signed but they could have easily just stood pat and got the same results in terms on wins or losses. Lets hope for some entertaining losses and a Stud Draft pick and try to rebound in 15'-16'

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Per HoopsRumors;

The Cavs are on the prowl for non-guaranteed contracts that they can flip and use as trade ballast in subsequent deals, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports (on Twitter). Cleveland remains under the cap, so it isn’t subject to a two-month waiting period that would prevent it from immediately aggregating salary it received via trade in another swap. It appears as though the Cavs are going after these contracts at least in part to help build their portfolio for a Love trade, though that’s just my speculation.

Minny wants Love acquirers to take on Barea and possibly Martin as well.

I'd give up Babb & Johnson for Barea ($4MM/1yr) or Waiters but I think Waiters could be going to Minny.

The extra $2MM in salary we'd take on with Barea could put us over the expected new Luxury Tax Line ($77MM) but we wouldn't be "hard capped" unless we hit the "apron" another $4MM higher @ $81MM.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Smart, Bradley, Young, Green, KO, Zeller. All the rest, get what you can for them.

Sections
Shortcuts