Props to Jeff Green vs GSW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Props to Jeff Green vs GSW

I got off the Jeff Green bus a long while ago, but...this may have been the best all-round game I've ever seen Green play, and not merely for the number of points he scored or the swooping dunk highlight.

He shot, scored, rebounded, and scrapped. Scrapped, as in scrapped! He competed for most of the minutes he was out there. On one sequence, he actually started right, crossed over, went to the rim, missed, got his own rebound and tipped the ball in. Those are at least three things that I honestly thought he just coud not do.

So refreshing to see him engaged.

Does the man have any muscle memory? Can he summon up that kind of commitment on a regular basis?

Why am I thinking negative thoughts here?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Props to Jeff Green vs GSW

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I got off the Jeff Green bus a long while ago, but...this may have been the best all-round game I've ever seen Green play, and not merely for the number of points he scored or the swooping dunk highlight.

He shot, scored, rebounded, and scrapped. Scrapped, as in scrapped! He competed for most of the minutes he was out there. On one sequence, he actually started right, crossed over, went to the rim, missed, got his own rebound and tipped the ball in. Those are at least three things that I honestly thought he just coud not do.

Does the man have any muscle memory? Can he summon up that kind of commitment on a regular basis?

[/QUOTE]

The answer is no.  He is what he is and will always be - a tease.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Games like last night are what makes Green such a frustrating player to watch and also probably difficult to play with as well.

He can play like last night, but rarely does for whatever reasons.  It must be completely mental as he is never listed with any injuries, and, of course, that is what makes him so frustrating.  If he had an ankle sprain, the trainers could get him back to 100% and he could go back to playing like last night on a much more regular basis.

But, with things appearing to be mental, lots of ice and tape are just not enough.  Well, maybe they should try some ice and tape?????????????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

some people just do not have thta "killer instinct" or whtever you want to call it.

I've felt Green is that type of person.

I am not as down on him as many here, becasue I never felt he was a "top dog" type of player to begin with.

he is probably a good "scottie Pippen" type #2 with a BIG DOG #1 like Jordan, Bird, James, etc.

he CAN have nights where he looks like an all star though, just needs that #1 to push him nightly, IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I had to see the replay before I thought the call was correct! YEOW!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

some people just do not have thta "killer instinct" or whtever you want to call it.

I am not as down on him as many here, becasue I never felt he was a "top dog" type of player to begin with.

he is probably a good "scottie Pippen" type #2 with a BIG DOG #1 like Jordan, Bird, James, etc.

he CAN have nights where he looks like an all star though, just needs that #1 to push him nightly, IMO. 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe after the 17th

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+100.  Good post.

Sections
Shortcuts