Props to Jermaine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Props to Jermaine

He shows he's not done yet.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Props to Jermaine

Good lift, hopefully KG is next to find his legs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: Props to Jermaine:
    [QUOTE]Good lift, hopefully KG is next to find his legs.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]
    he's done!  all these players should have been in shape with an extended off season.  Im pessimistic when it comes to KG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jermaine needs to be used in this way in say 8 game stretches:

- 5 games where he averages 18-22 mins, 5-7 points, 4-5 reb's, 1-2 blocks

- 2 games where he gets 26-32 mins, 13-17 points, 6-9 reb's, 2-3 blocks

- 1 game off when Steimesma/Wilcox get big mins

That means in a 66 game season he plays 57-59 games and averages 8-9 points, just under 6 boards and 2 blocks

Then hopefully he is that 28m-11p-8r-2b guy in EVERY playoff game

We'd just need another Center to share time with him, gotta upgrade from Wilcox

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Hopefully this ends the "start Steimsma" nonsense

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

he looked great last night. i liked what steimsma brought off the bench as well. kid can play D and block some shots. we need that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Good lift, hopefully KG is next to find his legs.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Agreee that Jermaine had a good game last night.  Hopefully this will continue. We can only hope that KG improves as the season goes on.  He definitely appears not to be in great shape and probably didn't keep himself in great shape during the lockout.  I already posted that maybe KG is done and will retire after the season is over. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Props to Jermaine : KG looks good, he hasn't gained weight or anything like that. He just got old. It's really not his fault.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Do you think it is possible that KG retires after the season ends?  That is usually what happens when a player knows his skills are declining. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

All is well. 

Folks, when looking at KG look over to Mr. Duncan and the Spurs.  Doc and KG are not going to exert themselves.  Paul Pierce, is, has been, always will be the Alpha Dog of the team.  The minutes are not going to be there this year and he is content to bring the team defense, the chemistry, and the teaching of the other guys the Celtics Way.  We need a rested KG for the playoffs, that is all (25-30 minutes).  

We do not need it as much as we think;  Brandon Bass is going to take this slack up and is the reason why Doc and Danny were looking to David West. 

If Doc had his way he would slide KG to the five.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

All is definitely not well. We just played the possibly worst team in the league at home.  JON I give props to but will he ever sustain this against a good team when we need it is a valid question.  People who think he is a answer are going to be very disappointed over this brutal schedule.
    KG as has been mentioned looks hopeless.  He is old and JON is old both with 15 NBA seasons.  This season is going to be interesting for the experiment that is relying in three men at the end of their careers.  It is noble and will present its own kind of drama.  But JON has a lot to prove he has stunk for three years and to rely on him is very dicey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Duncan is averaging 8 pts and 5 rebounds a game.  The Spurs distribute their minutes pretty well.  Pop's is very good coach. 
    Again the number of rebounds is not as significant as getting the proper percentage of rebounds.  Lowering the offensive rebounds of the other team.  We shoot right at the bottom as far as shots per game.  Pretty sure our opponents numbers are the same, their field goal attempts are probably less against us than against other teams.  There is probably somewhere around 12-15 less rebounds a game to split between us and our opponent.  Now I am not going to try to look up these stats but your more than welcome to.  I just know our games are low scoring, basically from less shots because normally we shoot a high percentage and don't run much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If you can get Doc to increase our shots about 10 a game, the other team will also increase their shots and I am sure we will be up around 40 something per game.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying were a good rebounding team by any stretch, I just think your putting too much emphasis on a number.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Props to Jermaine : If we're shooting at a high % that means less defensive rebounds for the opponents. The Pistons shot 43% last night and ended up with 12 offensive rebounds. That means 12 potential shot attempts. If the Celts only secured the defensive rebound it would have resulted in lesser 2nd chance points for the Pistons.

Those twelve extra shots  would be twelve extra rebounds and if they shoot 50% with those 12 shots, thats 12 more points they score.   Like I have said,  its getting the biggest percentage of rebounds each game and limiting the offensive rebounds of the other team. I will take getting a higher percentage of rebounds each game to a number of rebounds.   Our totals may not be that high but again we don't play a fast paced game so there are not as many rebounds to be had. Percentage of rebounds = win.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Props to Jermaine : 12 shots is equal to 24 points. The Celts are averaging 34 rpg while the opponent is averaging 38 rpg, 9.5 offensive rebounds per game. Allowing our opponents 9.5 offensive rebounds per game is a lot.  Last season and the season before the Celts were 2nd to the last in rebounding in the NBA. No rebounds, no rings. You also have to consider this, no team in NBA history has won a championship averaging less than 40 rebounds per game.

12 shots equal 24 pts if you hit 100% of your shots  Now who shoots 100% on shots?   Like I said I agree we need to rebound better.  If you want more rebounds though you better tell Doc to speed up the game.  There are only so many out there during our games.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    What was our shooting percentage and what was Detroit's?  That certainly plays a role in the number of rebounds a team should have.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Jerlame earned his pay check against the pitiful and useless Pistons but the guy is still a stiff!

Trade him Dannnnyyyyy.

Sections
Shortcuts