Pros and Cons of Lockout

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Pros and Cons of Lockout

I will keep it all in mind with no season.  Weird end to the Big three though.

The probability of a shortened season bringing Howard to the Lakers would be very very hard to take and the likelihood of it happening would be greater as Orlando would have no chance of resigning him.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Pros and Cons of Lockout:
    Pros * When the lockout ends the Celts will have a shot at Dwight Howard * Top 10 protected pick from Clips(via OKC) can be had if Celts are lucky    - no season means the NBA will do what the NHL in 2005 * More options in free-agency as 2011 and 2012 free-agents will be available * Kobe and Lebron will not get a ring in 2012 if there is no season this year Cons * Celts fans will be happy because they will see their team in action, but...    - will Celts fans be content with 1st or 2nd round playoff exit by Celts?    Conclusion If we can wait, at least 7 months, the future looks bright for our Celts. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having a season. I'm looking forward to seeing what JaJuan Johnson and Jeff Green can do. It's just this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, the possibility of signing Dwight Howard is hard to pass up. Unlike the Celts, definitely the Lakers and the Heat will not get Dwight if there is no season. I've been accused by someone who's been radioactive since 3/11 that I'm dying for the NBA season to start. Not true. The benefits of having no season far outweighs seeing the Celts get eliminated in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
    Posted by Fiercest34

To me the biggest factor is the lost revenue by the arenas where the games are played and the local businesses that are effected by these cancelled games.  With the economy being so poor and many people that are struggling to pay their bills this lockout is definitely not helping.  In LA where they have two teams that play in the same arena, they are definitely losing a substantial amount of revenue because of this lockout.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Its all too complicated for my simple mind.  I just want them to compromise so I can see the C's play again.  I love KG, Paul, Ray Ray, and Rondo + I think Green and the rookies would have made us a better team.  I'll miss that.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

The reason why I prefer no season is because I don't think the Celts can get past the 2nd round of the playoffs with the current roster.

gee, fierce, that's some solid reasoning you got there. we wouldn't want the celtics wasting our time. what's the tipping point? would you maybe consider slogging thru the season if the Cs could advance to the EC finals, or possibly 2nd round but w/ 7 games?

here

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

It would be nice to see our Celts play again. But I think going after Dwight Howard is more important. Even if the Celts have very little chance of landing Dwight, it's Ainge's job to try.

Fierce,

I didn't realize it was either/or?  In other words, I didn't realize the C's couldn't go after Howard if there is a season this year.  

Also, are you saying you'd give up seeing our team play again, with whatever chance they have at getting pas the second round, just for a "slight" chance of getting Dwight Howard?   I wouldn't - the time is now and I'd shoot for every opportunity I can to see a great C's team contend......because none of us can be 100% sure that they'll get through the first round OR make it to the finals.  That's why they play the games - no one knows just how far each team will go.   Who would have predicted Dallas would sweep the Lakers, Memphis would beat San Antonio, etc.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Con:

- a little worried about how the development of jujuan johnson will be affected because of it.

Pro:

- still excited about the future.

I think that Pierce and Allen and maybe even Garnet will gear up for another couple of rodeos.  Hopefully at a reduced cost for Allen and Garnet.  Danny will exhaust all options and maybe pull a rabbit out of his hat before 2012/2013 season starts.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I've been accused by someone who's been radioactive since 3/11 that I'm dying for the NBA season to start. Not true. The benefits of having no season far outweighs seeing the Celts get eliminated in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

You can't have both ways---either you favor or no games.
    You can't have two cakes.
    That's why you are not credible. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having a season."

Stop the Bs'ng. Stop the spin & flip flopping.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Pros and Cons of Lockout:
    In Response to Re: Pros and Cons of Lockout : The way KG is playing the last 2 season tells us he's not going to get better. Ray Allen is still the best shooter in the NBA, but his defense is getting worse every year. Jermaine O'Neal will be the starting at Center for the Celts if there is a season this year. Jermaine O'Neal, need I say more? Ray Allen - 36 years old KG - 36 on May 19, 2012 Pierce -34 JO - 33 If there's a new CBA it will no longer be a soft cap. So those expecting the Celts to get a Dalembert or a Jamal Crawford, it's not going to happen.
    Posted by Fiercest34

We could get Crawford for the  MLE - they will still have one.  Dalembert?  No!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Pros and Cons of Lockout:
    "Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having a season." Stop the Bs'ng. Stop the spin & flip flopping.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Come on, Che.  Even you can be honest and give credit where credit is due sometimes, right?  Fierce explained his position and he made it clear.  he's not flip flopping - he was as clear as he could be.   I don't agree with him, but he was articulate and clear, so stop accusing him of flip flopping.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I agree with Fierce.  If the Celtics can get Howard next year and keep him from the Lakers his most likely destination in a trade if there is a season, it is worth it.  I am missing the NBA but the Celtics could set themselves up for the next five years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I don't think the C's and the league have to sacrifice a season to go after Howard. Moreover, the Lakers have more long term contracts and less cap room than the C's so I don't think they have a lead on signing him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celts fan,
    I said if there is a season than the Lakers have the best chance of getting Howard.  The Lakers have very tradable big men and the shortened season could mean Orlando will be all the more anxious to get something for him. 

If however the season is canceled than the Lakers would be screwed and we would have a very strong chance in signing him as a free agent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

ok, Concord.  I see your point.  But doesn't that issue exist AFTER the season, as well?   Assuming the magic are not restricted from doing a sign and trade, wouldn't the Lakers (or another team with tradeable assets and a warm climate or big commercial exposure) still have tradeable assets for a sign and trade to Orlando?

My point is that giving up basketball for a season for a small chance of signing Howard may be of value to you and Fierce, but not to me.  I would rather see our team compete, again, and then trust Danny, Wyc, and Doc still compete for top talent.  Suppose they don't get Howard, KG signs somewhere else in his last year or two.....and we are back to being irrelevant like 5 years ago?   I don't want that, either.  I want to see our guys compete while we still have stars to cheer for.

just saying......that's my preference.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

My point is that giving up basketball for a season for a small chance of signing Howard may be of value to you and Fierce, but not to me. I would rather see our team compete, again, and then trust Danny, Wyc, and Doc still compete for top talent.

That's Fierce for you. He will camp at Walmart store just to buy  "made in China" black friday goods. He's dopping everyone thinking the Celtics was interested on Howard. From the past, the Celtics picked & traded a couple of players, Fierce didn't even know a certain player was coming and never had a clue....that's true to every Celtics fans too. Danny has its on mind. 

Howard hates cold weather and he aint playing for the Celtics.
    You are right, one year delay without NBA, another year will add to an already very old team like the C. 

This will be Fierce downfall and credibility to talk about the Celtics.
    Everyone will taunt him about Howard.

At least when Che said, that Perk will be traded and no good...Danny shipped 'em out. That's an absolute prediction!!!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts