PROUD (Celtics) Vs. PUNKED (Lakers)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

PROUD (Celtics) Vs. PUNKED (Lakers)

This off season has again exposed major differences in the way that the Boston Celtics (DA) and Los Angeles Lakers (Mitchie K/Jimmie Buss) do business. DA does business on his own terms most of the time. Agree with Danny or not, the guy knows how to make the most of a tough situation, be decisive in his decision making, then move on without much noise if any. He didn't publicly play out the DOC situation and beg Doc to stay, he didn't make a big production of possibley moving his two HOF-ers, and when he did, DONE for a haul on his terms, NO POUTING AT ALL since. To the contrary, the Fakers gave away the farm for a headcase last off season. Then saw how aweful the team chemistry was all season long, regardless they then put up WE LOVE YOU D12, PLEASE! PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE COME BACK! banners all over LA-LA-LAND, all while being publicly embarrassed by that same knucklehead when he said "Fizz-Nuck YOU to all you west coast clowns!!! Especially you, KOBE BEAN, and YOU TOO JACK NICHOLSON!!!! HA!!!" All while the banners were being taken down in a last second scramble all over glitter town. HOW DEVASTATING AND EMBARRASSING for all those wonderful, SUPERFICIAL fans! Thier FAKERS aren't even the best team in STAPLES CENTER, and are now a long ways from it! Once again, the Celtics win, this time in showing business sense and CELTICS PRIDE. GOOD JOB DANNY BOY, you make us PROUD!!!! You may not be perfect, but you sure as hell know how to handle yourself and the Celtics brand with dignity and class. THANKS. Now get busy, you got some work to do!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: PROUD (Celtics) Vs. PUNKED (Lakers)

The Howard decision puts the bunk back into the glitter-filled fantasy of those who believe that every free agent in the NBA wants to go to LA.  Not every free agent has his sights set on the Lakers, or the Clippers for that matter; Howard never gave them a sniff - sorry CP, you're not that powerful.  People are frequently bashing Boston as a free agent destination and holding LA up as the ultimate career move, but it's just not that simple.  The Red Sox and Patriots have made some great signings - Ortiz, Ramirez,and Damon all signed and won in a Boston uniform.  How much have we heard about the City as a critical element for leaving.  LA isn't an automatic attraction just like Boston isn't an automatic turnoff.  Free agents, especially veterans, want to win, so they go somewhere that might give them the best chance to succeed.  Howard is originally from Atlanta, but the hometown Hawks are going nowhere, as they have been for a while, so the next closest team with potential and one able to clear cap space is Houston, so that's where he went.  After living in the South for six years, I can say with certainty that most people don't want to venture too far away from their birthplaces.  In the Northeast, people are generally more mobile and will move to other parts of the country out of a sense of curiosity, interest, or self-confidence that it they can be successful here, it can translate into success elsewhere.  Not so true in the South, unfortunately. We have a somewhat accurate picture that from Boston to Washington DC everything is pretty much the same - just one big stretch of sprawl.  This is not the case in the South and other sections of the country where distances are much greater between cities and what's between them is true "country".  I for one am not at all surprised by Howard's rejection of LA and desire to play home games in Houston.  

I sincerely apologize for the length of this, but it's an opportunity to use one player's decision to counter the tired and incorrect moaning about Boston's - the City's - (in)ability to attract free agents while LA can just lie back and pick from the masses kneeling at its doorstep.  It's about winning and with whom one wins more than anything else.  Would LaQueen have chosen Miami if not for (Dirty) Dingus Wade and Bosh?  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to painter's comment:

The Howard decision puts the bunk back into the glitter-filled fantasy of those who believe that every free agent in the NBA wants to go to LA.  Not every free agent has his sights set on the Lakers, or the Clippers for that matter; Howard never gave them a sniff - sorry CP, you're not that powerful.  People are frequently bashing Boston as a free agent destination and holding LA up as the ultimate career move, but it's just not that simple.  The Red Sox and Patriots have made some great signings - Ortiz, Ramirez,and Damon all signed and won in a Boston uniform.  How much have we heard about the City as a critical element for leaving.  LA isn't an automatic attraction just like Boston isn't an automatic turnoff.  Free agents, especially veterans, want to win, so they go somewhere that might give them the best chance to succeed.  Howard is originally from Atlanta, but the hometown Hawks are going nowhere, as they have been for a while, so the next closest team with potential and one able to clear cap space is Houston, so that's where he went.  After living in the South for six years, I can say with certainty that most people don't want to venture too far away from their birthplaces.  In the Northeast, people are generally more mobile and will move to other parts of the country out of a sense of curiosity, interest, or self-confidence that it they can be successful here, it can translate into success elsewhere.  Not so true in the South, unfortunately. We have a somewhat accurate picture that from Boston to Washington DC everything is pretty much the same - just one big stretch of sprawl.  This is not the case in the South and other sections of the country where distances are much greater between cities and what's between them is true "country".  I for one am not at all surprised by Howard's rejection of LA and desire to play home games in Houston.  

I sincerely apologize for the length of this, but it's an opportunity to use one player's decision to counter the tired and incorrect moaning about Boston's - the City's - (in)ability to attract free agents while LA can just lie back and pick from the masses kneeling at its doorstep.  It's about winning and with whom one wins more than anything else.  Would LaQueen have chosen Miami if not for (Dirty) Dingus Wade and Bosh?  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

Extremely well said !!

Hetch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I copied and pasted a paragraph from an article that I delighted reading about the bleak future of the Lakers. Seems we need not worry about them tying our 18 rings for a few years and we probably have a better chance at another before they do. 

The link is below this paragraph but I'm sorry I don't know how to put a link on the board that is highlighted and you link on and open.  But it is worth the time to copy it and paste it into Google and enjoy it as I did.

"It's time, now, for Los Angeles to look to Boston. It's time to watch what Danny Ainge did last week, when he blew up his team after Doc Rivers' departure. He blew up the team the Lakers faced twice in the NBA Finals, in 2008 and 2010, one that's as storied a franchise as the one Howard just spurned. Yet Ainge felt no shame, even if he couldn't quite stomach the word “tank.”

http://www.foxsportswest.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/story/With-Howard-gone-Lakers-in-need-of-fresh?blockID=918043&feedID=11351

Actually I am able to highlight the link and right click on my mouse and link on to "Open Link" instead of needing to paste it into Google.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I copied and pasted a paragraph from an article that I delighted reading about the bleak future of the Lakers. Seems we need not worry about them tying our 18 rings for a few years and we probably have a better chance at another before they do. 

The link is below this paragraph but I'm sorry I don't know how to put a link on the board that is highlighted and you link on and open.  But it is worth the time to copy it and paste it into Google and enjoy it as I did.

"It's time, now, for Los Angeles to look to Boston. It's time to watch what Danny Ainge did last week, when he blew up his team after Doc Rivers' departure. He blew up the team the Lakers faced twice in the NBA Finals, in 2008 and 2010, one that's as storied a franchise as the one Howard just spurned. Yet Ainge felt no shame, even if he couldn't quite stomach the word “tank.”

http://www.foxsportswest.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/story/With-Howard-gone-Lakers-in-need-of-fresh?blockID=918043&feedID=11351

Actually I am able to highlight the link and right click on my mouse and link on to "Open Link" instead of needing to paste it into Google.

GOOD READ! I made it a hyper link, here ya go:

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchwiggins. Show mitchwiggins's posts

Pound your chest all you want, but the Lakers are now Lottery players for the next Michael Jordan.  Remember 25% chance for the worst record.  There is a sequence of events that will get us in the lotto with the top spot. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mitchwiggins' comment:

Pound your chest all you want, but the Lakers are now Lottery players for the next Michael Jordan.  Remember 25% chance for the worst record.  There is a sequence of events that will get us in the lotto with the top spot. 

AND THE PRAYING BEGINS!  Funny how God becomes so important in times of desperation, eh?  You better pray REEEEEALY hard pal!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchwiggins. Show mitchwiggins's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

AND THE PRAYING BEGINS!  Funny how God becomes so important in times of desperation, eh?  You better pray REEEEEALY hard pal!

[/QUOTE]

Laugh all you want kid!  If it does happen and Lakers get in lottery, Stern might feel sorry for the Lakers on the bad beat he gave them in the CP3 deal and now DH bolting and pull the string on his way out the door for the Lakers to get that ping pong ball giving them the top pick.  If you don't think the NBA lottery is not rigged then you have nothing to worry about. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Laugh all you want kid!  If it does happen and Lakers get in lottery, Stern might feel sorry for the Lakers on the bad beat he gave them in the CP3 deal and now DH bolting and pull the string on his way out the door for the Lakers to get that ping pong ball giving them the top pick.  If you don't think the NBA lottery is not rigged then you have nothing to worry about. 

It is so sad to hear how pathetic you Faker fans are responding. YOU, my friend should be on a suicide watch if this is really how bad it is for you!  Now, practice, ready? say, "Dear Lord, please don't make me have to deal with Kobe for any longer, and while you're at it, Lord, PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSE HEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!"    That's what you get for making a deal with the A DEVIL!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchwiggins. Show mitchwiggins's posts

Like I said "rigged lottery."  I can imagine all the crying on this board if the Lakers did tank and got the top pick.  I can depict Stern thinking to himself about the biggest NBA market in need of help.  Theoretically the Lakers could get the top pick if they tank and sign two top tier free agents in 2014 to max deals.  All in a days work!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Like I said "rigged lottery."  I can imagine all the crying on this board if the Lakers did tank and got the top pick.  I can depict Stern thinking to himself about the biggest NBA market in need of help.  Theoretically the Lakers could get the top pick if they tank and sign two top tier free agents in 2014 to max deals.  All in a days work!

DUDE, IF IF IF, and IF IF IF, then IF IF IF. You sound like a broken hearted lillte girl. WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I want my DWIGHTEEEEEE! OMG, you got me LMFAO! Now stop while you can still look in the mirror!!! YOUR LAKERS and all thier fans  GOT SLAPPED with Dwight's Shlong!!! HAHAHAHA!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm laughing at the fact that you think that Stern will be in any position to do anything about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Phillipston's comment:

I'm laughing at the fact that you think that Stern will be in any position to do anything about it.

Yeah, RIGHT! He musta just got outta the tank after waking up from his drunk and disorderly!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

In response to Phillipston's comment:

Yeah, RIGHT! He musta just got outta the tank after waking up from his drunk and disorderly!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

He's retiring February 1, 2014.  He won't be in a position to rig anything for the NBA anymore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Pound your chest all you want"

Oh we will. Your Laker troll contingent promised multiple championships with Howard. 

The Laker trolls in this forum including yourself embarassed themselves, handled themselves with no class, and so of course we are going to enjoy this.

If you had gotten Chris Paul, or if the team hadn't stupidly hired D'Antoni over Jackson, you'd have Howard on a long term deal and be in the Western Conference mix. 

Now you have no choice but to enter full rebuilding. 

"but the Lakers are now Lottery players for the next Michael Jordan.  Remember 25% chance for the worst record."

You won't have the worst record as long as Kobe is on the roster, not even close. Sorry 'bout that. 

And I can tell you from experience that you cannot plan your future around the random chance of getting the first pick. 

No one will trade for Kobe and you are stuck with him. You might get in the lottery but you have almost no shot at the first pick. If you are still around here in a year you will have a new screen name. 

OH and as a heads up the Celts have a better chance of getting that top pick than the Lakers do. 

Have a really blessed day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

mitchwiggins here's a fun reminder of all the fan hopes of your team that have soared irrationally and then been crushed. No rings, no nothing - except drama, mediocrity, and clanged free throws. 

Congrats. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchwiggins. Show mitchwiggins's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Pound your chest all you want"

Oh we will. Your Laker troll contingent promised multiple championships with Howard. 

The Laker trolls in this forum including yourself embarassed themselves, handled themselves with no class, and so of course we are going to enjoy this.

If you had gotten Chris Paul, or if the team hadn't stupidly hired D'Antoni over Jackson, you'd have Howard on a long term deal and be in the Western Conference mix. 

Now you have no choice but to enter full rebuilding. 

"but the Lakers are now Lottery players for the next Michael Jordan.  Remember 25% chance for the worst record."

You won't have the worst record as long as Kobe is on the roster, not even close. Sorry 'bout that. 

And I can tell you from experience that you cannot plan your future around the random chance of getting the first pick. 

No one will trade for Kobe and you are stuck with him. You might get in the lottery but you have almost no shot at the first pick. If you are still around here in a year you will have a new screen name. 

OH and as a heads up the Celts have a better chance of getting that top pick than the Lakers do. 

Have a really blessed day.   

Like I said worst team to the bottom has a 25% chance!  All teams that want to tank have equal chance.  Wrong on Kobe, only one player signed for the Lakers after this season.  Strange now the Celtics fans are worried the Lakers might get the next MJ.  So I guess your the one who needs to be blessed. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

In response to mitchwiggins's comment:

What does all this means? It means that Houston Texas is a wonderful town and the Lakers are now the Clippers for a long, long time....the 1980's Clippers that is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchwiggins. Show mitchwiggins's posts

In response to stevekubersky's comment:

In response to mitchwiggins's comment:

What does all this means? It means that Houston Texas is a wonderful town and the Lakers are now the Clippers for a long, long time....the 1980's Clippers that is.

Sure, if you say so! :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

The Lakers lucked out by losing Howard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

I'm not a fan of him as a person at all. But I doubt Bryant would ever tank. We'll see next season how things play out. But I just can't see it happening. 

Would be a great effort to make the finals. But if Bryant recovers we may not disgrace ourselves. None of the players like Bryant have tanked. And I'm talking about Russell, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Duncan etc. 

Also couldn't imagine Rondo tanking. 

And yeah, The Clippers may well have some success, I highly doubt they'll ever win a championship. And no matter what, they'll always be The Clippers. 

I don't understand the talk about the big name free agents heading to The Lakers.

Can bring up Shaq. Wilt and Kareem both came via trades as did Bryant. They were not free agents. Magic and Worthy both came from the Draft. 

Maybe Malone and Payton were free agents. Can't remember. But they were not in their primes when they came to us. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchwiggins. Show mitchwiggins's posts

The line of thinking would go something like this.  Tell Kobe not to come back this season, trade Gasol at some point, amnesty MWP.  Of course this is just a starting point, but that's the idea if the Lakers choose this route.  BTW it will not matter if Stern is done in Feb, he still has Silver in his back pocket. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I think the biggest difference would be that DA wouldn't have traded for Howard without him signing an extension.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts