Proud of the Celtics Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Proud of the Celtics Tonight

I am proud of the Celtics tonight!! I think this might be the biggest win of the season thus far. Things were not going in the Celtics favor of late, they were down big time again tonight, peeps were starting to throw them out as old hasbeens, and it seemed like the Hornets were ready to knock the Celts out for good, but like Rocky, The Celts dug down deep, kept fighting, and knocked out Clubber Lang.  
    I would say 97% of other teams would have thrown in the towel, but this really showed the character of the Celts, when things are bleak, they come through, yet again.
    I am thinking this game will be a turning point...I smell a win streak coming.

Only bummer tonight= Ray plays 44minutes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Re: Proud of the Celtics Tonight

Doc only played three guys off bench and they went 17-23 shooting. Wow!!! Bench won the game tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

They all have 3 different jobs
    BB  board rebound and drive the lane

Green run the floor slash and shoot from the perimiter

West stay in control run the team like a general spark the D with his hustle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The Celts have frustrated us all lately, but I think the negative posts are a little overboard.  I, too, am proud of the Celts.  Starters are tired, defensive schemes are failing, are working in a lot of new players, are missing their center(s), and are struggling.  But, they are giving it their all, I believe.  Rondo having troubles as he is slower on D and is dribbling too much.  But, the others are working to get it together.  I'm proud of them tonight and for hanging in there.  And - we were all right that West would make a big difference when he got back.  Wish he weren't hurt so much this year.

We have this sort of amazing negativity and criticism last year in the last 1/3 of the season and folks lost faith.  I have not lost faith.  I'm pissed that they aren't winning more consistently and I hate to see them lose the home court advantage, but I believe they will kick butt in the playoffs and this coach pulls them together.  They will follow him to the ends of the earth, despite the naysayers on this board who say he has no balls for not pulling Rondo.

Go Celts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

This win really felt good. The bench really rose to the occassion being Baby, Delonte and Green. I am hoping for the return of Shaq for the first game back home after the N.Y game. I think this win tonight will give the C's a lot of momentum. Go Celtics.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

So proud of my Celtics... and I think we've seen a preview of our playoff 2nd unit, which will get Krstic when Shaq returns.  Doc knew we needed the morale boost and hopefully this kicks off a respectable finish to the regular season and MUCH better things to come from there!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: Proud of the Celtics Tonight:
    [QUOTE]We could have won a lot easier if Paul Pierce would stay with his man at the three point line. He made Marco Belinelli into an allpro.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Belinelli was not Pierce's man. Ray and Belinelli were matched up from the opening tip until Ray stripped that ball clean from Belinelli late in the 4th.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proud of the Celtics Tonight : Go back and watch the first half. Marco was Pierce's man when he scored all those threes. They switched Ray on him in the second half.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Pierce contested those 3s, it was a case of the defense got beat by better offense. 

Is this a case of if Pierce played better defense the Celtics would have blown out the Hornets?

If that's what you're saying then KG made David West look like hall of famer because West scored 32 points.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]We could have won a lot easier if Paul Pierce would stay with his man at the three point line. He made Marco Belinelli into an allpro.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Belinelli was Rays man.  They are both SG's 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proud of the Celtics Tonight : Go back and watch the first half. Marco was Pierce's man when he scored all those threes. They switched Ray on him in the second half.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

So I guess if West went around KG and PP tried to stop him then he scored on Pierce?   Maybe we should have stuck your man Avery on him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It was nice to see them win the second of a back to back game.  Something they haven't done the entire season.  Unfortunately, they didn't win both games, but proved that they can win their second game.  Usually they have no energy to play the second game and sometimes have a good first half but fade down the stretch.  Much different outcome last night.  Since they still have some back to back games this season, maybe they will be able to win both games this time. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proud of the Celtics Tonight : Go back and watch the tape. The threes were scored on Pierce. I've said this before, Pierce has a tendency to cheat off the three point line and give up a lot of threes. He did the same thing yesterday.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I haven't used tapes in years.  Its called help defense Kirk.  Players sag in the middle and try to run teams off the  3pt line because thats the  Celtic scheme.  I don't have to watch it again. When teams come down on offense players go try to cover the open man. So if Chris Paul was shooting 3 pt shot and Pierce ran toward him to block the shot then thats PP's man?  You need to get you a new VCR my man.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

pierce is a little lazy about getting out on his man at the 3 point line.  Ray took over and bailed him out!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

What a difference from the Houston game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Davis Green and West is better that any team has off the bench. This will pay off big time in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Baby looked like he was on a mission. The chin jut has returned!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Pierce wasn't guarding marco,.Ray was!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, some are throwing bouquets at the old tired guys for sucking it up last night and pulling out the win...but are they to get the credit?

Seems to me DW, Green & BBD were the ones doing most of the leg work to get us back in the game. The starters were the ones getting us buried.

I dont think its anything special we beat NO. We needed the win but if we saw the core problems changing, I might be more enthused. We still fell way behind and cause some of the bench players shot remarkably well, we were able to pull it out. Cant get too thrilled over that

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I disagree, Karl.  The Celtics are a team.  Everyone has to do their part.  The team won.....we should stop looking for credit and blame for individuals.  That's someone else's team.  The word on the Celtics is TEAM.  That's what makes us great.  One game its Ray, another its Paul, another its KG, sometimes its BBD, sometimes its going to be Green or West.  That's why you have all the parts.

I'm not excited because tired old guys sucked it up.  i'm excited because everyone did their part and supported each other.  When Paul and Krstic didn't have their good offensive nights - the defense stepped up and the bench had a great night.  That's being a TEAM!!!!

We learned to come back on the road on the second night of a back to back and play tough D in the second quarter (held a team to 13 points on their own floor).   You may not be able to get thrilled over that, but I can.  I love it when they grind out a win.  This isn't a pretty team so if you like pretty, go route for miami or OKC or someone like that.  This is a blue collar team and their wins have always been ugly because they make defense a priority.....and I love it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Cfan4life, the backbone of the C's is the starting unit. We go nowhere if they are not playing well.

So last night, as the night before, the starters we getting drilled again and we fell back by double digits.

ITs great that our bench came to the rescue, shot an incredible % to bring us back.

When I look at the game though, I ask myself can we rely upon what happened tonight to win games in the future like this? The answer is NO. We cant rely on our starters to get mugged and still win games. We cant rely upon our bench to shoot outrageous % and still win games.

Thats why Im not too excited about the grind it out win.  I liked it better when the starters built the lead, the bench lost it and the starters came back to turn it on and grind out the win. The reverse formula is not comforting to me

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Let me add... If the starting unit was playing well, then last nights early flop by the starters and subsequent  comeback by the bench vs NO would have been an aberration, but a nice thing to see. Great the bench picks it up when the starters have an off night

But the starters have been poor for a while. They continued that poor play last night. The bench play hasnt bailed us out on recent games.. So I see last night as an aberration and not the norm. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Karllost, if you see last night as the recent trend, then try looking over the long haul at the long term trend.  The Celts played great early in the year and then poor in the last 1/3 of the season for 3 straight years.  In each year, they then stepped it up big time in the playoffs - like last year.   

The starters are, indeed, the backbone of the team.  But, we have ALWAYS had key playoff games where the subs made the difference, whether it was Posey and PJ or it was Eddie House and Leon Powe or even BBD and Nate Robinson last year.  We needed to know we have a bench that can pull games out for us.  Thus,  the value of a TEAM rather than always counting on one player.

Also, the entire Big 3 weren't absent last night.  Ray Ray was there for us in the second half, offensively and defensively.   

I believe that the starters will be fine when they get Shaq back and when they get some rest going into the playoffs.  We won't win best record in the East, but we'll be fine.  My only doubt was whether the bench would step up, especially defensively (not BBD but the rest of them).  If they play well and the starters do only what they've done every year come playoff time (even after a horrible last 1/3 of the season when they were a .500 team and lost almost every home game on Friday nights), we'll be in great shape.

Sections
Shortcuts