Proud of them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from geneb81. Show geneb81's posts

Proud of them

I won't comment on some other comments, which deserve to be ignored. For 3 1/2 quarters the depleted, injured and exhausted Celts were outplayed and outclassed by a team showing up at its best. Yet, behind by a ridiculous margin until the last 10 minutes this same bunch brought this 6th game to a heart-stopping close 4 points before the gas tank went dry. The Celts went out like champs, in a playoff round where it seemed they didn't qualify. They did themselves proud, and I'm proud to be a Celtics fan. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: Proud of them

+1 Thank you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

with the possible exception of the short lived Wickes/Rowe era, the Celtics have always shown tremendous heart....they are winners even when victory eludes them....that's just one part of what makes this the greatest franchise throughout the years....just one man's opinion...love the Celts...always have, always will...Go Green!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Compare the last 2 times the Lakers got swept and their antics (Bynum & DH).. to how the Celtics extended their series and fought like champs.  One of the big differences btw the two franchises imo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Right on Karl....since they won their first championship back in '57 the Celtics have been to the NBA what the Yankees have been to MLB...you either love them or you hate them...even in the down years!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

I don't think  this NY knicks is a great team, if the celtics had played them in the first half with the passion they showed in the 4th quarter,  they could have easily won the game last night. I'm proud of them anyway! They went down like true champions, fighting! Now I want Indiana to beat them and if they don't,  I'do rather have the Heat in the finals then this nickers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

"Better to burn out, than to fade away." Thank you KG, Paul, Jet, Avery, Bass, Green and the rest. Especially KG...last couple games really showed what a champion looks like. So fortunate to see him in Celtic green.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

"Better to burn out, than to fade away." Thank you KG, Paul, Jet, Avery, Bass, Green and the rest. Especially KG...last couple games really showed what a champion looks like. So fortunate to see him in Celtic green.

"My, my, hey, hey", you're right, as are the others whose positive comments point to how a team can overcome adversity and still achieve something.  They obviously are out, but they went out as a hard-fighting team.  "Celtics' Pride", again.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Time for a different opinion.  The Celtics did not need to show fight in this NY series to convince me that they have the heart of champions.  Honestly, as exciting as it was to see them go on a 20-0 run to make it close, it was equally disappointing to see them score only 27 first half points while holding NY to just 39 in the most important game of the season.  If you would have told me before game six that the Celtics would hold the Knicks to 39 first half points, I would tell you that the game would be over - back to NY for game seven.  It was good to see Celtic Pride in the 4th quarter but I could have used some in the first half.

However, that is not this Celtics team of 2012-2013.  This team, with or without Rondo, was a mediocre .500 team.  We were just not a good basketball team.  We lacked in several areas and never showed any level of consistency.

I, for one, am glad this season is over because this is what we've seen all year.  I love the Celtics as much as anyone but this just was not one of our better seasons.  And as much as folks dogged Rondo, let's not now suggest that losing him (and Sully) totally sunk our season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

c'mon , SOLDIER BOY....get it together.... yes , it was a woefully inconsistent year , just

like ...LAST YEAR ,....and it ENDED... just like last year with a...HONORABLE LOSS... give

these...MEN...credit for gonig down to the...FINAL...horn with dignity...WORTHY OF ANY 

SOLDIER ON THE BATTLE FIELD...THEY DID NOT QUIT... NOR...WHINE IN DEFEAT.....

i,like the others , AM

PROUD TO BE A CELTICS FAN & PROUD OF THIS TEAM'S CELTICS PRIDE..... now...how about 

you losing that DAMN CIVILIAN BABY FAT....

and return next year with a new MUG-SHOT....lean & mean

like the one in your....UNIFORM.....

ok , dudes & dudettes ...please excuse any & all

grammar mistakes..........

until next season.....BYE YA'LL.  

Sections
Shortcuts