Proud Of You Danny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from REW. Show REW's posts

Proud Of You Danny

Once Bledsoe was not included, the so termed "Mega Deal" wasn't. Jordan, Bledoe, one or two first rounders for Doc, Garnett, and wink wink -Pierce wuld have been a mega deal.  The oft discussed potential trade would have given more ligitimacy to the Clippers.  Doc, whatever one thinks of his in game coaching -is star quality.  Garnett brings Doc's defensive knowledge and his edge.

Garnett straight across if Doc was going to LA, was okay.  The refusal to include a second first rounder by the Clippers, coupled with not taking on a contract, either reveals a lack of interest in trading, or a willingness to try to run their same squad out there and plan to do better, or shows that Mr. Sterling counts his pennies quite closely for an owner of a major franchise.

I recognize the need to rebuild, actually remember Danny telling the story (once traded to Sacramento) of his conversation with Red Auerback about the need to trade Bird/Parish/McHale, and he ended up being traded.  I would rather go into the new season with the old guys, reunited with hopefully a healthy Rondo, and do the best the team can, then to just concede on every refusal put forth by the L.A. Clippers.  personally, I would be quite disappointed if a Clipper Fan on not getting Doc, Garnett, and possibly Pierce.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Proud Of You Danny

Agree completely, great post

and Sterling the racist slum lord has long been the NBA's worst owner. George Shinn the adultering wife-beater who took the Hornets out of Charlotte a few years back was the only one who came close to being as bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to REW's comment:

I recognize the need to rebuild, actually remember Danny telling the story (once traded to Sacramento) of his conversation with Red Auerback about the need to trade Bird/Parish/McHale, and he ended up being traded.  I would rather go into the new season with the old guys, reunited with hopefully a healthy Rondo, and do the best the team can, then to just concede on every refusal put forth by the L.A. Clippers.  personally, I would be quite disappointed if a Clipper Fan on not getting Doc, Garnett, and possibly Pierce.

This is the source of Ainge's neurosis.  The shock of the trade has weighed heavily on him all these years, and now, he has (he thinks) a chance to vindicate himself by trading important pieces to a Celtics team - essentially he was told he wasn't that important, so he wants to pass that on.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Good post, If your a team like the clippers who are a piece or two away, your gonna complain about an extra 1st round pick thats gonna be in the 25-30 range?  Very short sighted and stupid.

You are taking on a 37 year old who has 1 year left on his contract, so your obviously aware that your in a win now situation, but your gonna throw that all away for a lousy pick?

What do you expect? This is the clippers the defenition of ineptitude.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Ainge should have taken Jordan and the first round pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to painter's comment:

[QUOTE]

This is the source of Ainge's neurosis.  The shock of the trade has weighed heavily on him all these years, and now, he has (he thinks) a chance to vindicate himself by trading important pieces to a Celtics team - essentially he was told hewasn't that important, so he wants to pass that on.  

[/QUOTE]

this is ridiculous.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Don't forget, your not just getting KG and his one year, Doc and his ability to attract players but in doing this you keep Chris Paul which is the most important part.  That is why this is a must for L.A. not the Celtics.  Bottom line, for next season who do you want on your team (one season) KG or Jordan.  I take KG and then go into 2014 with money to burn.  If your looking long term you keep this roster going into the season.  If some teams come calling at the trade deadline, make a move.  Then hit free agency next summer and pick wisely in a deep draft.  That is how you rebuild this team. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Danny will hold out for the two picks and the Clippers will cave.  Having a coach the calibre of Doc and KG for leadership and 25 or so key minutes will put them in very solid contention.  It's laugable the Clippers are trotting Shaw as potential cover.

Not many can draft successfully in the lower 1st round, Danny has and will again.  Those two picks will cash into at least one solid contributor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Danny did the right thing. He's got the leverage and LA needs Doc and KG more than Boston needs a developmental C and a late 1st round pick. LA is foolish if they don't get this deal done, they absolutely need KG's leadership and skill set down low, along with the leadership of Rivers who guarentees CP3's return and knows how to handle a major city with star players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I'm proud of you Danny.  Let me count the ways...

Horrible over-paid multi-year and untradeable contract for Bass  (a bench player)

Horrible over-paid multi-year and untradeable contract for Terry  (a has-been liability)

Horrible over-paid multi-year and untradeaable contract for Lee  (an under-performer)

Both first round and second pick form 2011 draft a complete waste (as were first round picks in 2009 and 2008).  Keeping fingers crossed with 2012 Sully's health and 2010 Bradley's needed improvement.

Chased our starting center out of town before last season (Doc with contributory nergligence)

Speaking of centers... inability to land a decent starting center for the last two...going on three  years.

Allowed Ray Allen to walk  (contributory negligence from Rondo and his puppet Doc) 

Leaving an over-paid Garnett and Pierce to rot on a nonplayoff team in 2013?

Inability to complete much needed trades, acquire quality FA, or draft impact players  to rebuild the team in a reasonable time frame.

Maybe you can still work a deal and get LaFrentz, Szczerbiak or Dickdau back here!!!

Danny first round picks:  Johnson, Hudson, Giddens, Telfair/Ratfill via trade, Gerald the head-case, Troy Bell and Marcus Banks.  Every a blind squirral gets lucky Danny Boy!!!   Congrats on AJ at least (and maybe Sully and Bradley).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from REW. Show REW's posts

GMan and ElDunker good and differing points.  Maybe the team should have taken Jordan and the one draft pick.  As stated earlier, and I could be wrong, it just seemed too little, most specifically after the rumored trade last season near the trading deadline.
    DelDunker - great list of poor decisions.  I just feel that after years of no clear direction, other than wanting ping pong balls to drop properly, that I felt the team being relevant again.  I am a fan of Ainge, and being a fan, can certainly be wrong.  I believe Ainge to be industrious, creative, prhaps fearless.  The quote I have shared too many times here, and which is forthcoming soon by Number 33, basically stated "that in my career I was honored to play with three hall of fame players.  Dennis Johnson is the smartest basketball player I have even been around.  Parish and McHale gave us the advantage every night out.  I never really knew what Danny was doing, but he seemed to help out."

I don't always know what he is doing.  I should keep track more specifically.  This rumored trade demonstrates he is not hesitant to be creative (someone came up with a binding contract, and then considering the trading of a coach)  , and I am glad he didn't take what was to me - too little of an offer.

RW

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Ainge would've taken this deal several years ago. I think he's learned and is finally taking the advice that Red gave him....

"Sometimes the best deal to make is no deal at all."

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

amen!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Is Danny the best GM?  No, but he is a good one.  You can give a long list for every GM of moves that turned out bad.  But not every GM can say they won a championship, been to the finals twice and the conference finals a couple more times.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to croc's comment:

Danny will hold out for the two picks and the Clippers will cave.  Having a coach the calibre of Doc and KG for leadership and 25 or so key minutes will put them in very solid contention.  It's laugable the Clippers are trotting Shaw as potential cover.

Not many can draft successfully in the lower 1st round, Danny has and will again.  Those two picks will cash into at least one solid contributor.

By calling of the trade,the Clippers will pay a very high price.I think that they will lose their superstar point guard,e probably  Howard.I have afeeling that Mr.Sterling was not very happy with the ideia od a increased payroll.That is the way he is.He could have killed the Lakers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I agree... everyone thinks KG is worth a lot more but lets face it, he is not.  He had serious minutes limitations this past year and he wont be better next... he could also break down some llike he has the past two years.... if we dont do this or something like this, the Cs are back to being a first round out if they even get that far...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Ainge missed a great opportunity to start rebuilding.

Hopefully, another opportunity will come along.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Once Bledsoe was not included, the so termed "Mega Deal" wasn't. Jordan, Bledoe, one or two first rounders for Doc, Garnett, and wink wink -Pierce wuld have been a mega deal.  The oft discussed potential trade would have given more ligitimacy to the Clippers.  Doc, whatever one thinks of his in game coaching -is star quality.  Garnett brings Doc's defensive knowledge and his edge.

Garnett straight across if Doc was going to LA, was okay.  The refusal to include a second first rounder by the Clippers, coupled with not taking on a contract, either reveals a lack of interest in trading, or a willingness to try to run their same squad out there and plan to do better, or shows that Mr. Sterling counts his pennies quite closely for an owner of a major franchise.

Agree! Great post. Danny has his faults but he's a GOOD GM who is a tough mofo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

AINGE HAS MADE SOME BAD DRAFT PICKS AND FREE AGENT SIGNINGS FOR SURE , BUT LOOK AT CHRIS WALLACE....HE WAS A DISASTER WITH THE CELTICS AND WHEN HE TRADED PAU GASOL, HE LOOKED LIKE THE BIGGEST DOLT EVER......NOW LOOK AT MEMPHIS ! THEY ARE ONE OF THE TOP 6 TEAMS IN THE ENTIRE NBA , GUESS HE DID SOMETHING RIGHT....

DESPITE THE HORRIBLE LUCK THE CELTICS HAVE HAD SINCE THEY WON THEIR LAST CHAMPIONSHIP , I STILL HAVE FAITH AINGE WILL PARLAY KG & PIERCE FOR THE RIGHT PIECES.

I THINK DOC HAS TO RESIGN TOMORROW , WILL BE SHOCKED IF HE DOESN'T

REMEMBER WHEN THE CELTICS LOST OUT ON ODEN & DURANT @ THE DRAFT LOTTERY ? THEN DRAFT NIGHT COMES AND THE CELTICS TAKE JEFF GREEN @ #5 AND TRADE HIM FOR RAY ALLEN (AND THE DRAFT RIGHTS TO BIG BABY DAVIS) ???

WHAT WERE WE ALL THINKING THAT NIGHT ? I WANTED TO THROW UP ! YET DANNY AINGE WAS RIGHT, IT WAS A GENIUS MOVE AND HE PROBABLY ALREADY HAD A DEAL IN PLACE WITH GOOD BUDDY KEVIN MCHALE.....BEHIND THE SCENES, THEY WERE CONVINCING KG TO SIGN THE 3YR EXTENSION.....THEN A FEW WEEKS LATER THEY ANNOUNCE THE TRADE FOR KG ! GENIUS MOVE AND THE LAST 6 YEARS HAVE BEEN AWESOME TO WATCH , TWO TRIPS TO THE FINALS, PUSHING MIAMI TO 7 GAMES LAST SEASON ?  JUST A GREAT ERA IN CELTICS HISTORY.

YES, I THINK I'LL JUST CHOOSE TO HAVE FAITH THAT DANNY AINGE KNOWS MORE THAN I DO ABOUT WHAT TO DO IN THE NEXT TEN DAYS....

SEE YOU ALL ON DRAFT NIGHT !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

This trade not happening is a lot more about the Clips being the Clips than DA being DA
    If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Clips blew it, plain and simple. Like someone said above, they needed doc and KG much more than we needed a mediocre center and a small combo guard. Bledsoe would have been nice and perhaps would have made rondo expendable, but the clips are far worse off for walking away than we are. They may lose CP3 now. They may overpay (Griffin and Bledsoe) for Howard. The lakers may be in the driver's seat now. Or the hawks. Yeah, the clips screwed the pooch. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts