Proud to be a fan even in a tough loss

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Proud to be a fan even in a tough loss

Good post

I dont think Bibbys foul was necessarily a flagrant.. I think the rule says "excessive contact"

Since I dont know the rule for a breakaway foul, hard to say... but BBD was clearly ahead of the field and Bibby wrapped him up from behind..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Proud to be a fan even in a tough loss:
    [QUOTE]The C's made the effort. The played good D, they hung in there, they played hard and there isn't much more you could ask. There were two bad miss calls in the game that were the difference, but not only that the rebounding was terrible 45-28 you aren't going to win period. When Big Baby was tackled from behind going to the hoop one of two things had to be called, a clear path 2 and the ball or a flagrant one as Bibby didn't go for the ball. Neither was called. We did get two shots but not the extra possesion we should have gotten, this happened to Ray as well when he was fouled from behind on a similar play in the 2nd half. Those two badly called plays cost us the game because the play after both of those Miami scored. That's a 4 point swing in the game because the refs love the Stars. Well there's your new Lakers in the refs eyes. My nephew said it best the way they are rebounding those missed calls will cost them the game and sure as hell it did. I don't know what happens Wednesday or next season or what, but the Last 4 years have been a lot of fun regardless, Marquis players, deep playoff runs and good basketball and most importantly an NBA title. I think it was all worth it 4 years later. I also know we won't be sore losers looking to hurt people when the time comes because we carry ourselves like real champions should. Thanks Celtics win or lose Wednesday it's been terrific!!!!!!
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

I love the Celtics and have followed them through thick and thin. And they played hard last night. But that was an embarrassment.

The sheer number of unforced turnover in that game was ridiculous and inexcusable. To lose focus that way at this time of the year is ridiculous. The Celtics took a giant dump on the court last night. And handed a game (and maybe the series) to an inferior team.

You don't get the chance to say this very often in the NBA- given the incompetence and corruption. But the refs had nothing to do with that loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Sign me up we dont fold up like a cheap suit like the eh hem Lakers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good points all.....I have enjoyed this run....can Danny keep it going.....? Stay tuned....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

when you combine hustle with repeated dumb, sloppy turnovers and trying to make pierce do too much down the stretch, what does it equal?

to me it makes for a lousy game.  yeah, we played good defense a lot.  we also had some key let downs and let bosh get rolling, that fairy ended up with 20 points.

doc is resigned to run the big 3 straight into the ground and then keep whipping them.  would it kill anyone to see some wafer spelling ray early on?  rondo wasn't doing much for us last night and they were picking on his left arm.... can we have the audacity to give a hot delonte west MORE time and rondo less?

it's nothing new from doc.  keep 'em dead tired.  he's about as bad as the celts from the 80s running the snots out of the big 3 back then, except the difference is now WE HAVE SOME PEOPLE ON THE BENCH better than kite, fernsten and rick carlisles.....  that's what makes me angry about this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

No matter how much heart the likes of KG, PP and RA have, it just can't overcome their tired legs and beaten bodies.  I know this particular show is over and thank them for 4 great seasons that helped dragged the Celts back from the wilds of the NBA.

No idea where we go from here but it's clearly rebuilding time and we have to set aside any sentimental considerations.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

they said it wasn't a clear path because he was in the act of shooting, but if you recall earlier in the series, I believe the exact same play happened with Rondo fouling James, ooh - that's right - flagrant fould called.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

People on here need to realize that going into OT severely hurt the Celtics. We don't have the legs to play extended minutes like that. I wasn't the least bit surprised that we lost in the OT. We had our chances and played pretty well considering. Nobody likes hte Perk trade and we'll never really know if that would have made the difference. Green has shown flashes. He went from playing 37 minutes a game to barely playing at all. I say increase his minutes next year and see what we've got...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Loyal to the end, whether it is tomorrow or getting the trophy. GO CELTICS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Its been great but its not over yet. They played well lastnight . 3 things have plagued them this season: 1. You just cant turn the ball over as often as we did all year long. 2. I've never seen a team miss so many layups at the rim all year long. 3. You just cant win games when more often than not you lose the rebound differential. You could see that they were running out of gas in the middle of the 4th quarter and I felt we were doomed if it went to overtime. The Heat are just way younger and more athletic than we are. That being said I feel good about this team going forward. I still see us in the thick of things for years to come. What they have built over the last 4 years has made Boston an Attractive place to play. Also, amazing as it is our point guard is literally playing with 1 arm, so if we do advance Im not sure that he would be able to go 2 more rounds. Again, I dont believe its over yet but if it is I am PROUD AS HELL OF THIS TEAM!!!! ( even though some games were painful to watch)...

Sections
Shortcuts