Prove me wrong....Please!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Prove me wrong....Please!

-Jeff Green does not want to be the 1st or 2nd option on ANY TEAM. He likes the cherry picking 3rd option role. There he can have a bad game and noone really cares. He can have a great game and get all the praise but none of the blame when he doesn't. He's not a leader because he doesn't REEEEEEEALLY want it. He did NOTHING this summer to become a better player.

-Bradley is under the illusion he is a super-quick penetrator. He has missed EVERY SINGLE shot in the paint against a defender taller than 6-6.He needs to create contact when he is in the paint until he gets prolific with floaters and bank shots. He will get a foul most times and other times he'll have a three point play. But he can't continue to go into the trees and think he will be uncontested. Initiate contact always so you don't get blocked.Search out the bump to knock a guy of the shot block and make your lay up with ease. You can be going too fast for your own good in this case.

-Crawford has been a good soldier but...something tells me he still thinks he's as good as John Wall when he's just a career bench player that can get enfuego! (There ARE worse roles!)

He's too imature to make him a starter. He tried to have an individual battle last night with Taylor and LOST! More importantly the Celtics lost while Crawford was running the show. It looks like he sabotages plays so that the shot clock pressure makes him the best option. (Brooks, Bradley, Lee, Sullinger can be included in this suspicion)

-Sullinger should limit himself to 1 three a game whether he makes it or not. Just to put it in the scouting report . No other reason.When he can make them like Kevin Love he can take more. Until then...moderation!!!

-Olynyk needs to stop moving the ball and shoot! (Humphries and Bass too)If you are open and its your shot, take it. Are we trying to put on a half court exhibition on passing? Fake a pass and shoot every once in a while.

-Humphries is not a starting center for no fault of his own. Not enough length or elevation. He is more of a Reggie Evans that can score from 15 feet. Hump you are a 1 dribble drive player, when you forget that you have problems.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Prove me wrong....Please!

Q.E.D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

-Jeff Green does not want to be the 1st or 2nd option on ANY TEAM. He likes the cherry picking 3rd option role. There he can have a bad game and noone really cares. He can have a great game and get all the praise but none of the blame when he doesn't. He's not a leader because he doesn't REEEEEEEALLY want it. He did NOTHING this summer to become a better player.

-Bradley is under the illusion he is a super-quick penetrator. He has missed EVERY SINGLE shot in the paint against a defender taller than 6-6.He needs to create contact when he is in the paint until he gets prolific with floaters and bank shots. He will get a foul most times and other times he'll have a three point play. But he can't continue to go into the trees and think he will be uncontested. Initiate contact always so you don't get blocked.Search out the bump to knock a guy of the shot block and make your lay up with ease. You can be going too fast for your own good in this case.

-Crawford has been a good soldier but...something tells me he still thinks he's as good as John Wall when he's just a career bench player that can get enfuego! (There ARE worse roles!)

He's too imature to make him a starter. He tried to have an individual battle last night with Taylor and LOST! More importantly the Celtics lost while Crawford was running the show. It looks like he sabotages plays so that the shot clock pressure makes him the best option. (Brooks, Bradley, Lee, Sullinger can be included in this suspicion)

-Sullinger should limit himself to 1 three a game whether he makes it or not. Just to put it in the scouting report . No other reason.When he can make them like Kevin Love he can take more. Until then...moderation!!!

-Olynyk needs to stop moving the ball and shoot! (Humphries and Bass too)If you are open and its your shot, take it. Are we trying to put on a half court exhibition on passing? Fake a pass and shot every once in a while.

-Humphries is not a starting center for no fault of his own. Not enough length or elevation. He is more of a Reggie Evans that can score from 15 feet. Hump you are a 1 dribble drive player, when you forget that you have problems.

[/QUOTE]
    Throw in a "healthy" 4X ASPG (the best player on the team) and his glaring weaknesses.... and we have all the makings of a 20 win team.

SWEET!!!

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

-Olynyk needs to stop moving the ball and shoot! (Humphries and Bass too)If you are open and its your shot, take it. Are we trying to put on a half court exhibition on passing? Fake a pass and shoot every once in a while.

[/QUOTE]

It appears you have watched the pre-season games.  Pretty much agree, except we need to move Hump, Bass, and Lee as fast as we can to another team.  I think KO, Sully, and Fav need 18 to 30 months getting extended playing time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We have a Sacramento Kings 2000 frontcourt in the making.

Chris Webber (6-9), Vlade Divac (7-1), Peja Stojakovic (6-9)

Kelly Olynyk (7-0), Vitor Faverani (6-11), Jeff Green (6-9)

Doug Christie (6-6) Jason Williams (6-1)

Gerald Wallace (6-7) Rajon Rondo (6-1)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to DaCeltics's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have a Sacramento Kings 2000 frontcourt in the making.

Chris Webber (6-9), Vlade Divac (7-1), Peja Stojakovic (6-9)

Kelly Olynyk (7-0), Vitor Faverani (6-11), Jeff Green (6-9)

[/QUOTE]

Should have quit while you were ahead.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

DaCeltics,

Let me take a shot.

JG. My take on him is he's holding himself back. Maybe he's waiting for RR to be back and the team to take shape.

AB is a quick penetrator. But at the moment he needs somebody to throw him the ball - he can't do both.

As for the rest, unfortunately - agree with you. Especially about Sully.

AK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

CWEBB former #1 pick  would have been one of the greatest pf's of all time if not for injuries. still avgd 20 10 for his career. Come to think of it he still is one of the greatest pfs of all time.

KO has yet to play a minute. No where near the above the rim player and rugged rebounder cwebb was. Ko may play more like latter year cwebb once his knees were shot and he just made standstill jumpshots.

Vlade played 16 years with career avg of 12ppg 8rpg 1.5

vitor has yet to play a minute.

Peja, one of the greatest 3 pt shooter of all time at 40% while attempting 5.5 3pa

jgreen is career 34% 3pt shooter.

0-3 on comparisons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Yes sinus, I agree that Jeff is holding himself back. I just thought that he was ready to be a 1st option leader type like James Harden, but I guess not.

Dissappointed. So I let him have it the only way he could possibly hear from me. Here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Gman, I did say "makings" as in potential as opposed to rivalling that Sacramento team. I don't  put limits on my favorite teams "potential". Yes we are no where near as good as that team was, but we could be on that path there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Cwebb  was a highly touted #1 pick, he was one of the greatest college players of all time. Ko played at GONZAGA and backed up Robert Sacre. Come on man, we all cs fans here, but lets calm down with these expectations.

Keep in mind I  really like ko's game, (I see him more as a bargnani/kamman type) and I do agree that he needs to shoot the ball more, but I think that will come in time.   I think hes just a rookie whos trying to fit in, so I think he doesnt want to step on toes and shoot the ball too much. The reason I say that cuz in summer league he was much more aggresive, prob cuz he knew he was the man on that team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I'm not saying he's Chris Webber, only that he has the skill set to shoot or make plays from the high post like Webber did in that offense. Or dribble penetrate. He has a rare skill set for a 7 footer that will help him immensely. And the Celtics.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

Man...this team goes nowhere but down this year...and that's a good thing...better "chance" to bag a decent lottery pick, which we desperately need...play Pressey ay PG as the starter, eventually, this year...he can't do much else but run the O but he does that better than anyone else at the point right now...AB is the 2, can shoot OK but needs to blast around for some easy layups and on D he's a premier player...he's a keeper...Rondo will be gone sooner than later once he's healthy....GREEN SUCKS, he's NOT waiting for Rondo or anyone else...he's a waste of space and the eternal "POTENTIAL" letdown player of the year...there are too many of them to count in the history of the NBA...Sully is what you see...he is what he is, he most likely is at his zenith right now...don't expect more than what you've seen..it's not bad, but he'll never make the all-star team...KO is going to have a a learning curve, go hot and cold this year, but could be a special player as long as they don't pile too much on his shoulders right away...he's NOT a savior, but a good part of a larger plan....

They'll need a REAL SF, Green ain't it, and I wouldn't keep him around either because I don't think he's going to play hard if he's not a starter or a key player on the team...he is now and he's dogging it...he's a real potential disruption on a young team...They also need a true center who can defend in the paint, a rebounder and a shot blocker...if he has a move or two down low that's a plus...Fav is our "european" center who can pop from the outside, but he's really a backup center...and they need a true PG who IS NOT a head case and who can drive the lane and hit the jumper as well as distribute the ball...it's going to take a few years...

NO MORE PROPOSED INSIPID TRADES EITHER..PLEASE...I haven't seen one that even makes sense...

Sections
Shortcuts