putting an end to the Rondo nonsense.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: putting an end to the Rondo nonsense.

Its gonna be hard to prove the C's are worse with Rondo even if our record nose dives... We arent the same team cause we lost  hof PG and emerging rookie Sully... without any replacements..

On the other hand, if the C's maintain a 500 pace without both Rondo and Sully.. well thats gotta be a wake up call to those that just cant believe we improved as a team sans Rondo..

In my view, we're a better team regardless if our record improves, worsens  or stays the same based upon the level of play Im seeing... The ball is moving and players are much more engaged.. we have a life.. a more effective defense imo but it will suffer having Sully out.. 

The entire system shifted when Rondo went down and its for the better... if Doc has the nuts to confront Rondo and integrate him into the new Celts, then great. If not, we're heading back to the same old

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I can't name one player Rondo has made better.  The sooner we trade Rondo and get someone to replace him, the better off we will be!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

The Bulls have been FANTASTIC since D Rose went down.....fantastic. So....trade him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Put an end to the Rondo nonsense.

Trade him.

So when the Celtics were 6-0 early in January, no trades. After the Celtics went 0-6, trade Terry. Now that the Celtics are 4-0, trade Rondo?

Seriously, Kirk!

Rondo wasn't injured in early January.

Think Fierce, think.

You're the one who needs to think. I mean dementia can't be taken lightly, Kirk.

So now you want to trade Rondo because he's injured? 

For the record, if Rondo isn't injured, would you want to trade Rondo?

Kirk I am happy to see us win four after losing six.  You can't really believe we are better off without Rondo.    I hope the winning continues but let's be real . Rondo is pain, but last year in game 2 a game the Heat were given by the refs Rondo beat them single handedly.  Rondo in 2010 led the Celtics to two wins in the finals. He destroyed Lebron on the Cavaliars when they were heavily favored.  Nobody can supply that now.  

All that matters is the present. Presently we are 0-6 with Rondo, and 4-0 without him. That is all that matters. When were we better? the first 6, or the last 4? There's all the proof ya need!

lol this is pathetic. REFUSING to look at BODY OF WORK bc it hurts your argument...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

I am very VERY uneasy about moving a guy that has been a top 2 player in the playoffs the last 5 years. He carries the team every year, and its obvious. We dont go to the 2nd round in 09 without him. We dont go to the finals in 2010 without him. We dont go to a game 7 last year without him.

If you want a average to good team thats going to beat enough bad teams to get into the playoffs, but fall early bc they are overmatched talent-wise and have noone to carry them, you trade Rondo. Its really as simple as that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

The Bulls have been FANTASTIC since D Rose went down.....fantastic. So....trade him?

Not as good as they were when they had Rose I bet.  Check their records.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Not as good as they were when they had Rose I bet.  Check their records.

Please dont confuse the issue with facts.. you might humiliate him again

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I am very VERY uneasy about moving a guy that has been a top 2 player in the playoffs the last 5 years. He carries the team every year, and its obvious. We dont go to the 2nd round in 09 without him. We dont go to the finals in 2010 without him. We dont go to a game 7 last year without him.

If you want a average to good team thats going to beat enough bad teams to get into the playoffs, but fall early bc they are overmatched talent-wise and have noone to carry them, you trade Rondo. Its really as simple as that. 

I am not defending Rondo or knocking him,  but we were not a average team as you said with him.  I would just as soon worry about the playoffs when we get there. Or if we do.  That is the goal is it not?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

End it, we're 5-0 vs. 0-6. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Yes indeed. Chicago has been outstanding w/o Rose.

Gotta idea..... Rondo for DRose.... straight up!

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Maybe we could offer them Rondo for Rose, and listen as they laughed hysterically
     at such a rediculous offer. They may give us Nate back for him though!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Yes indeed. Chicago has been outstanding w/o Rose.

Gotta idea..... Rondo for DRose.... straight up!

Pud

You beat me to it!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

The more games we win, the harder it is to say we are better with Rondo. He pounds the ball so much and we wind up with bad shots at the end ofd the shot clock, then the next time down he looks like Magic with a no look bounce pass. He has to find consistancy for him to be truly known as one of the best. He is supposed to be a verteran so when is the consistancy going to come?With all that being said its impossible to get equal value for him now with the mental issues and injury. Maybe now that he has to watch from the sidelines, he will start to understand some of the things that negativly impact his game. Learn the game from the sidelines. This is of course best case senario

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Its gonna be hard to prove the C's are worse with Rondo even if our record nose dives... We arent the same team cause we lost  hof PG and emerging rookie Sully... without any replacements..

On the other hand, if the C's maintain a 500 pace without both Rondo and Sully.. well thats gotta be a wake up call to those that just cant believe we improved as a team sans Rondo..

In my view, we're a better team regardless if our record improves, worsens  or stays the same based upon the level of play Im seeing... The ball is moving and players are much more engaged.. we have a life.. a more effective defense imo but it will suffer having Sully out.. 

The entire system shifted when Rondo went down and its for the better... if Doc has the nuts to confront Rondo and integrate him into the new Celts, then great. If not, we're heading back to the same old

All great points until the part about integrating Rondo back into the offense. Nope. Time to trade him when he is healthy regardless of how this year plays out. He is not the answer for this team going forward. He just can't get over that hump. He has talent, but has never been able to consistantly show it. His on court antics of getting in trouble have grown old. His always going for steals has become tiring. His dribbling out the shot clock, crazy. His passing up easy buckets for assists is just assinine. It is time for a trade. You can't build a franchise around Rondo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

How can you be so certain the Cs would not have done what they did without Rondo during said years? Look how well it worked out for the Sox when they traded the popular Nomar. Sometimes subtraction is addition. You don't know what you have on the bench or in the system until forced to see it. And now Doc is forced to see it. That is a good thing.

17. This post has been removed.