Putting the 5 game in perspective.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Putting the 5 game in perspective.

The teams we've lost to are 41-20 combined and the last 3 are 15-6 at home. Other than the Hou and Minn games we were in a position to win in the fourth. I said before the season started that we would start out slow and get better and better as the season went on. We play almost 25 % of our games in Nov for a young team that has only been together a few months thats brutal. Some people try to put discussions into small corners ie "How many games will we win in Nov?" as if November makes or breaks a teams chances for the year.

I'm saying we are missing our best player, have played 4  sets of back to backs, 3 of them on the road and the other a home/away split. The fact that we've held a 4th qtr lead in 10 of our 13 games under these circumstances is more reason to be optimistic than to be throwing in the towel. So I will say again; Weare going to be better than last years team,make the playoffs and still maybe in the lottery with NJs (or Atls) pick.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Putting the 5 game in perspective.

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The teams we've lost to are 41-20 combined and the last 3 are 15-6 at home. Other than the Hou and Minn games we were in a position to win in the fourth. I said before the season started that we would start out slow and get better and better as the season went on. We play almost 25 % of our games in Nov for a young team that has only been together a few months thats brutal. Some people try to put discussions into small corners ie "How many games will we win in Nov?" as if November makes or breaks a teams chances for the year.

I'm saying we are missing our best player, have played 4  sets of back to backs, 3 of them on the road and the other a home/away split. The fact that we've held a 4th qtr lead in 10 of our 13 games under these circumstances is more reason to be optimistic than to be throwing in the towel. So I will say again; Weare going to be better than last years team,make the playoffs and still maybe in the lottery with NJs (or Atls) pick.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, god bless you for the unbridled optimism.

But just make sure you have plenty of anti-depresant medication near-by.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

The Celtics were playing with a ton of energy early.  The energy seems to have waned a bit.  I think the NBA is trying to help the Celtics tank.  I've never seen a schedule like this in November - absolutely packed.  Once teams become accustomed to Stevens style and the Celtics lineups and rotation stabilize, teams will game plan more effectively.  I still do not believe this team will net a top five pick (alot of teams appear to be tanking this year), but they will fall between 6-10.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Why stop there?  How about the championship and whipping Miami in the conference final?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Conversely, the 4 teams the Celts beat are a combined 14-22, and that includes 2 victories over Orlando and 1 victory over the 1-12 Jazz.  Not to mention the Jeff Green's 3-PT Miami shot was improbable and lucky.  And let's not forget they've lost to the 2-8 Bucks, the 4-7 Pistons, the 5-7 Raptors and the 6-6 Bobcats.   This team should be 3-8.  So yes, they've lost to some good teams but they've also lost to some bad ones. 

This team will compete, but vets like Jeff Green (their 1st or 2nd most talented player) are not going to lead them to anywhere but the lottery.  This team is headed to a poor record and at some point DA is going to move (or try very hard to move) the contracts of guys like Humphries, Wallace, Bass, Lee and maybe even Bradley to get some picks or other assets.  They need to play Olynyk, Faverani and Sullinger as many minutes as possible to see what they have and to aid their development.   

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I was one of those optimists who believed the C's will finish November with 8 wins.  It's beginning to look more like 6 wins for the new realist in me.  The team is definitely headed for lottery though I will say that the kids, if they get more playing time, will improve as the season goes along.  Stevens' challenge will be to make sure the team continues to play hard and provide the encouragement and coaching such that the future of the team do not go into a mental tailspin to poor self-esteem.  I do think he is up to the task, based upon what we have seen thus far.

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champs.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I wasn't expecting anyone to agree with me. If Rondo had been playing I believe we would be at 8-5. At 4-9 and probably 4- 10 after tonight,I feel we can go 3-2 or 4-1, the last 5 games in Nov. 7-12 or 8-11 would probably put us in 1st in the dismal Atlantic. Having played only 2 of 18 vs Atlantic opponents will give us the ability to get closer to .500+ for the whole season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I wasn't expecting anyone to agree with me. If Rondo had been playing I believe we would be at 8-5. At 4-9 and probably 4- 10 after tonight,I feel we can go 3-2 or 4-1, the last 5 games in Nov. 7-12 or 8-11 would probably put us in 1st in the dismal Atlantic. Having played only 2 of 18 vs Atlantic opponents will give us the ability to get closer to .500+ for the whole season.

if rondo had been playing and have 8-5 record to start the season.

then there's a high probability that he'll get traded right away for top 5 pick or a drummond-like player

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts