Putting The Perk For Jeff Green Trade To Rest

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Putting The Perk For Jeff Green Trade To Rest

Great deal by Ainge, he picked up a young impact player and have him under contract for 3 more yrs at reasonable money.....win win win for Ainge and the Celtics.....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I agree that we got the better of that trade - no brainer.  Don't know if I'd be bragging about Flab Melo, though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Yikes ! 

Don't get me started on Fab Melo , MIA his entire rookie season , made no contribution at all....

I thought Jeff Taylor would have made a good pick at #22 , legit scorer and another athletic swingman.....and let's not forget Perry Jones was there for the taking and Ainge chose Fab Melo

Right now, it's hard to see Fab Melo as anything other than another trade asset.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

After this season losing Nate Robinson looks worse thank losing Perkins and his 3.3 boards with 2 points and 3.5 fouls.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

nobody has yet explained why robinson was thrown out like a roll of toilet paper that got left out in the rain in the perkins trade.  OKC did NOT want him.  rondo and/or doc ribbers wanted to get rid of nate.  have to get rid of all personality / backup pg function on the team.  it happens every year.  unfortunately, mild personalities aren't necessarily the best players around. 

and i can't remember nate doing anything bad for us.  doc complained he jack@$$ed around in the lockerroom too much.  yeah right.  i watched so many videos of shak acting the fool and actually doing dangerous things- like once shaq was laying on the ground rolling around like a fool and next thing you know he was leg sweeping KG to the ground- i seriously thought KG's career was over / blown out knees.  KG looked pissed.  nate did not do anything like that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Despite losing a big, I loved the Perkins trade (hated losing Nate though) and as JG keeps getting stronger post-surgically (2-year recovery is the norm), he will dominate.  The Celtics need a center, but not a garbage player; a clear NBA starting center and a back-up point.  I could live with the core and those two additions.  Come on, 19-0 run, in the playoffs?  Who else has done that?  Not the young Thunder, not the vaunted (Magic's or rapist's) Fakers or Heat, or even previous Celtics teams, Bill Russell, Larry Bird et al. 

Sections
Shortcuts