Question re: TNT broadcast team that I can't get away from

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Question re: TNT broadcast team that I can't get away from

I'm guessing it was Mike Breen there on most of the mike work tonight. 

Can someone tell me why he sounded so downtrodden in the fourth quarter as he was announcing this Celts trouncing?  I mean it wasn't even possible to ignore his sad tone of voice!

Why does this buffoon even care?  This is just like last year when up until Lebaron QUIT on the Cavs, all of the announcers were staunchly anti-Celtic.  conversely, now watching the laker game, they are VERY HAPPY that the lakers are doing well. 

WHY DAT?  Other than David Stern programming these little lilliputians through the bolts on their necks?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Question re: TNT broadcast team that I can't get away from

it's going to come down to that.  most especially if we get fratello on the horn in one of these series coming up.  he's gone from a tolerable announcer to the worst lebaron shill i've ever seen- shameless!

i am steamed at leaguepass.  i don't understand why they won't offer your choice of announcers for YOUR TEAM.  that is to say, i want my playoff announcing team to be mike & tommy for as long as it can be before cbs takes it over for the finals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Kirk6- you said it...great tool, especially for basketball.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Breen does a very good play by play... but he was clearly a Laker homer last year along with his boring (I always agree with the ref calls cause IM an NBA flunky) sidekick Mark Jackson.

Breen does do the Knick games so hes maybe a tad biased....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

ps/ Breen broadcasts for espn, not tnt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

The best commentator in my opinion is Marv Albert. For me its not even close. The National broadcast last night was ESPN not TNT.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" am steamed at leaguepass.  i don't understand why they won't offer your choice of announcers for YOUR TEAM.  that is to say, i want my playoff announcing team to be mike & tommy for as long as it can be before cbs takes it over for the finals."

I'm confused - the game was on with Mike and Tommy last night, why didn't you just watch that? 

Also - you might try audio league pass online, you can often choose between the teams announcers though I have not tried it in the playoffs.

In general, I think the TNT teams are better than the ESPN ones, and it was ESPN on the games last night, so I think you maybe were referring to ESPN...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I listen to WEEI radio on league pass for about half the game... all depends

Since I get superstious. whoever I start out listening to..TV or radio.. if the Celts are doing good..I stick with it, cant change it or it'll skrew everything up on the court..

Only when the Celts start losing leads or falling behind do I switch.. lol

I like Marv alot.. been listening to him since the late 60's doing Knicks games.. imo the best play-by-play caller, especially back then.  No, I wasnt a Knick fan...always Celtics... but grew up and still live in NYC area.

I think Breen does a great call too.. but sometimes his bias shows through.

Hubie is good only I cant stand his ALWAYS backing the refs on their ridiculous calls. like they'll show a replay and the guy never comes close to even touching the other player but was whistled for a foul... and theres Hubie saying.... yes, good call, clearly a foul..  Hubie in the tank for Stern

I like TNTs pre/post game much better. Cant beat Barkley & Kenny... and Weber/McHale... 10x better than espn

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I always dislike watching games if they are not on comcast.  At some point, (maybe the next playoff series), you have no choice but to watch the games on ESPN, NBA TV or TNT.  I have friends that always mute the TV and listen to WEEI radio.  Most of the NBA announcers don't really like the Celtics and usually favor the other team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

It's obvious isn't it. Mark Jackson former Knick, Van Gundy former Knick coach and Breen used to do the sports for Don Imus on his radio show. All New York guys!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The Three Stooges are the worst group doing NBA games hands down.  Breen, the Knicks TV announcer, is so obviously biased and allows his negative comments to pervade his appearance should have been canned three years ago.  He always well slam the Celtics at every turn.  If the C's were doing something well 80% of the time he'll only mention the 20%.  Van Grungy is the same; obviously biased toward anyone but Boston and says some of the most absurd things regarding calls and fouls, one way or another.  Jackson, while much more knowledgable, falls into the same negative trap set by the other two idiots. If Jackson were working with real announcers he'd probably shine since as a former pg he knows the game.  Fratello, I believe, is the best and fairest assessor of the action and the players.  Breen and Van Grungy can only see orange and blue - I'm surprised they're not dressed up like Spike Lee - a grown man wouldn't dress and act like that fool.  I really respect his work, especially what he did for/about New Orleans, but beyond that he goes way beyond being a fan to the point of total blindness.  I'm surprised he doesn't wear a big orange nose and long blue shoes to round out the clown suit.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I would love a crowd-noise only option. I miss Cousy, too. I had a guy come to my door offering to sign me up for Comcast and I said "I'll never subscribe after you fired Bob Cousy."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: Question re: TNT broadcast team that I can't get away from:
    [QUOTE]The Three Stooges are the worst group doing NBA games hands down.  Breen, the Knicks TV announcer, is so obviously biased and allows his negative comments to pervade his appearance should have been canned three years ago.  He always well slam the Celtics at every turn.  If the C's were doing something well 80% of the time he'll only mention the 20%.  Van Grungy is the same; obviously biased toward anyone but Boston and says some of the most absurd things regarding calls and fouls, one way or another.  Jackson, while much more knowledgable, falls into the same negative trap set by the other two idiots. If Jackson were working with real announcers he'd probably shine since as a former pg he knows the game.  Fratello, I believe, is the best and fairest assessor of the action and the players.  Breen and Van Grungy can only see orange and blue - I'm surprised they're not dressed up like Spike Lee - a grown man wouldn't dress and act like that fool.  I really respect his work, especially what he did for/about New Orleans, but beyond that he goes way beyond being a fan to the point of total blindness.  I'm surprised he doesn't wear a big orange nose and long blue shoes to round out the clown suit.  
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]
    Why are you insulting the greatest comedy trio of all times? Oh wise guy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I gotta say I was so sick of hearing "the Celtics, who at one point led by 17 points" on every posession.  No lie, every posession.
    Until they led by 21, and then he finally gave it a rest.

Almost at the end the other broadcaster called him out on it, by saying "17, there's that number again."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

[QUOTE]I gotta say I was so sick of hearing "the Celtics, who at one point led by 17 points" on every posession.  No lie, every posession. Until they led by 21, and then he finally gave it a rest. Almost at the end the other broadcaster called him out on it, by saying "17, there's that number again."
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]
    I fortunately had Mike and Tommy. But I agree. Who cares what your lead was. In basketball you get a lead, then you coast (even though you know you shouldn't) then you come back with renewed energy and go ahead again. You got a lead by 17, then when they caught up, they got a lead by 17. Only difference is, now the game is tied.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

My wife and I were enjoying the unintentional comedy...at the end of the game today, Jackson and Van Gundy looked like they had just eated the triple decker sauerkraut and toad-stool sandwich with special sauce.  When the other guy complemented Doc Rivers' coaching...there was a dead mike.

But Hey! Anthony Carter is a PLAYER!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]"  am steamed at leaguepass.  i don't understand why they won't offer your choice of announcers for YOUR TEAM.  that is to say, i want my playoff announcing team to be mike & tommy for as long as it can be before cbs takes it over for the finals." I'm confused - the game was on with Mike and Tommy last night, why didn't you just watch that?  Also - you might try audio league pass online, you can often choose between the teams announcers though I have not tried it in the playoffs. In general, I think the TNT teams are better than the ESPN ones, and it was ESPN on the games last night, so I think you maybe were referring to ESPN...
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

i am now in a far away land.  i was in either boston or southern NH until 2005.  my choices are strictly league pass / tnt / espn.  i don't new england comcast.  what i'm sayin is that league pass charges enough freaking money to just carry the home comcast until the home broadcast stops for the year.

they don't do that.  i think leaguepass should allow YOU to choose for ONE TEAM (whatever you are a homer for) the broadcast team you want to hear instead of defaulting to the HOME TEAM broadcast team.  I hate it.  There are some REALLY MISERABLE broadcast teams out there in small market nba team land through the course of the season.

and just the same, i'd like mike and tommy for as long as i can get it in the post season too.  all i get is 41 home games of celts broacasters.  that's it.  playoffs are strictly a bunch of stooges by tnt/espn. i can tolerate marv botox albert, he is the most neutral of the bunch.  the rest are just annoying.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]My wife and I were enjoying the unintentional comedy...at the end of the game today, Jackson and Van Gundy looked like they had just eated the triple decker sauerkraut and toad-stool sandwich with special sauce.  When the other guy complemented Doc Rivers' coaching...there was a dead mike. But Hey! Anthony Carter is a PLAYER!
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]

HAAA Haaaaa.  that is great.  add some ninety degree foul swamp water to wash down that sandwich and i think you have it.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts