Question????????????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Question????????????

How did we dominate the boards in game 1??

Then Amare goes down but we get dominated on the boards in game 2...

Some things just hard to understand.. Any basketball geniuses out there?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Re: Question????????????

Knicks out hustled us last night to loose balls.  The other thing is that the Knick shot these long shots and some of those rebounds are bouncing way outside away from the C's.  But the bottom line is the C's weren't boxing out and putting a body on their man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Too many minutes for Baby, when Knicks went small.  KG ended up guarding Walker over in the corner and was effectively taken out of the paint.  Jefferies sucked up everything by out quicking Baby to the ball.  Since baby didn't have quickness or height, Jefferies was able to either grab the board or tap it to another Knick.

Had we brought in JO, it would have negated the lack of height.

Had we brought in Green, it would have allowed KG to stay in the paint.

Either way it required a realization of what was happening - the disadvantage that we had - and an adjustment be made.  Our bench was sorely lacking in this game and I'm not talking about Green, Krtic, West, etc.

PA

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Question????????????:
    “Because we had to go trap, we were one less guy on the glass,’’ Rivers said. “So we’ve got to figure out a better way. They were flying to the glass. They knew they didn’t have their guys and they were going for it.’’ http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2011/04/20/late_shot_steal_by_celtics_garnett_were_cagey_moves_by_kg/
    Posted by Fiercest34

We trapped only late in the game..doesnt account for getting our butts kicked al game long on the boards

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im gonna take a stab at it.  Guys that make less money sometimes play harder.  We all know amare goes hard on offense and tries to score.  The knicks on the floor last night with melo, I believe are making less then 2 million collectively.  They were motivated just to be in a game with the C's and were playing their hearts out.  Its like we were playing down the competition.  with 2 stars out...the C's let up and the knicks were playing with no conscious.  Bbay isnt boarding, and K.G. looked tired last night just from covering Amare well in 1st quarter.  i saw a few times K.G. couldnt even off the floor and just tried to put his hand up for a tip.  Turiaf looked like Rodman, shutting down K.G., and Jefferies looks like a guy looking for a raise...He is making 221,000!!!  What a joke.  Meanwhile our bench who outplayed theirs last week cant even sniff the game...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

We had the rebounding advantage for most of the first half, there was a point where Kerr noted how it had changed.  There was also a point where we went small Baby, Green, Paul, Delonte, and Rondo.  That's where it really changed.

Went small, not quick, just SMALL!!!

PA

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I think the double team did make a difference and the Knicks missed a lot of shots that bounced out to them. I agree that Jermaine Oneal should be in at the end instead of Baby and that would have solved most of that problem. Baby just hasn't got it going so far in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Im gonna take a stab at it.  Guys that make less money sometimes play harder.  We all know amare goes hard on offense and tries to score.  The knicks on the floor last night with melo, I believe are making less then 2 million collectively.  They were motivated just to be in a game with the C's and were playing their hearts out.  Its like we were playing down the competition.  with 2 stars out...the C's let up and the knicks were playing with no conscious.  Bbay isnt boarding, and K.G. looked tired last night just from covering Amare well in 1st quarter.  i saw a few times K.G. couldnt even off the floor and just tried to put his hand up for a tip.  Turiaf looked like Rodman, shutting down K.G., and Jefferies looks like a guy looking for a raise...He is making 221,000!!!  What a joke.  Meanwhile our bench who outplayed theirs last week cant even sniff the game...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Incredibly brilliant and profound BBall IQ!!!  We were out rebounded because the Knicks have lower salary players...?????   You took a stab allright and butchered it. LOL.     

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

JayShizzle, I have to agree with Eldunker.  There is no way to use the logic that their lower-salaried players "wanted" it more than our higher-salaried players.

Salaries don't factor in here.  There is NO WAY the Knicks should be in that game with Amare and Billups out for most of the game.

This game should have been a blowout.  I know we tend to focus more on the road but I have serious concerns about Friday's game.  We could get blown out!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

celtics don't know how to box out at all. infact i don't think anyone in the nba does....... it's a lost art i think.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

amare is actually a subpar rebounder for a player of his talents and athleticism. it's only the inflated pace of the systems he's played in that makes his numbers passable.

jared jeffries is all hustle, and he's hurt us in this series so far

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Welp we are toast then...thats I can say.  We can cry all we about Shaq, but he shouldnt be needed now, and with Rondo dropping 30, you cant blame him, so ummmm, time for accountability.  Looks like we have the same problem last year, we lost the Finals cuz we couldnt score late or get a rebound all game.  Kristic is a guy we all said was rebounding great and giving us extra possesions...he is not out there.....Green gets so many b.s. calls, Its no wonder he hasnt found a rythm...Doc doesnt give him any direction....and for those mad that green sits a the corner 3 line, this was also Docs advice....he said dont run down under the basket, this is where you make your hay....true words....I dont feel good about this...but its not that we dont have the peices...its because they are not being utlitized right...I bet Troy Murphy can atleast get Boards....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

"JayShizzle, I have to agree with Eldunker.  There is no way to use the logic that their lower-salaried players "wanted" it more than our higher-salaried players."

Maybe I worded it wrong, but it wasnt a correct answer, just a shot at it..like the thread suggested.

Maybe not salary, but the type of players the knick were playing were scrappy types....its like playing an all-star team agianst 5 Dennis Rodmans...and that will hae you gassed and looking tired.  Doc should have atleast trusted the bench to play in this JV game and bang with those lesser players, but Why Shouldnt jefferies be playing harder than baby.  Baby is just what his name sais....calling out Amare and then not showing Up!?  Seems this team was overconfident and the knicks were playing the disrespect card....maybe the salaries dont matter, but I cant stomach guys making less than a million competing with hall of famers with inflated contracts....  Maybe it was Doc's idea to trap Melo, but that was a good idea he should have implemented earlier, which would have given the knick even more boards so it looks like we are just outmatched now by an inferior JV team with one star...is that it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

My rational brain tells me the c's aren't playing well.  But honestly, my eyes tell me that the knicks have just captured lightning in a bottle and played with a lot of heart and hustle.  I mean, the whole game they acted like every point was life or death.

And yeah, a lot of long shots with long rebounds doesn't hurt.  Also the celtics scheme of over helping basically results in a zone type situation.  We all know that it's harder to match up to block out when you're in a zone.  Sure they only trapped in the last couple minutes, but they were helping all game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

This is what I am saying..we have to admit the knicks wanted it more, before we say all those guys are better than our team...They were playing loose cuz they had nothing to lose...already knew Billups was done and after Amare went down..it was 2012 out there...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Melo had 5 o-boards and Jeffries 4; Knicks 20 o-boards to Celtics 9. Some of those long bounces, a lot of those hustle and being bigger (Melo over Paul and Jeffries over BB). Another stat, NY 21-27 from the line, Celts 12-16; you could say the refs, even moreso than the rebounders kept the Knicks in the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

we got killed on the boards last year by LAL. no rebounds, no rings. We need Shaq to get healthy! Why is this Achilles soreness taking months to heal? What is wrong with him? What is wrong with our doctors? Schilling pitched game 6 against the Yankees seven years ago with a bloody sock and his ankle stitched together with pins. Why not inject Shaq with a pain killer and give him some special shoe and have him out there? He does not have to be totally healthy to help this team. He is so big a presence that just being out there helps us . He can rebound, set picks, and block shots. Be like Willis Reed many years ago. Cmon Shaq , get in the there!!!! Tough it out!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I just read an article on Yahoo saying Shaq is not coming back.  It said he could not even run during the test the other day.  I am not sure I believe this as Shaq could have said hey I am not ready to run and got out of it.  You know if you can run or not.

Still the impression remains in my mind that he is very likely not going to play this or any year for the Celtics or any NBA team.  That is why seeing the future for the Celtics is very hard. If Jermaine can only play twenty and BBD continues to play so poorly the Celtics chances are close to nil.  Of course the truth is still not known and when it comes out the answers will be apparent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

...We can cry all we about Shaq, but he shouldnt be needed now...  Looks like we have the same problem last year, we lost the Finals cuz we couldnt score late or get a rebound all game.  Kristic is a guy we all said was rebounding great and giving us extra possesions...Doc doesnt give him any direction....and for those mad that green sits a the corner 3 line, this was also Docs advice....he said dont run down under the basket, this is where you make your hay....true words...I bet Troy Murphy can atleast get Boards....
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Jay, you just keep digging a bigger hole with you lack of basketbqll IQ and credibility...We don't need Shaq now???  As John McEnroe would say - YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!   He's exactly what we need now.

and how do you know that "Doc doesn't give any direction" and "just tells Green to sit in the corner" ?  Thats absurd and irresponsible to proclaim "its true" without referencing a credible source. 

Sections
Shortcuts