Queston for the 30+ year Celtics fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Queston for the 30+ year Celtics fans

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heinsohn won two titles with no big three.  

[/QUOTE]

I think Tom Heinsohn was a great coach. He got more out of his teams than what he actually had in terms of talent.

[/QUOTE]

heinsohn big 3 = white, hondo, cowens....   ?????  !!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

He reminds me a lot like Doc..very laid back, a players coach..funny, another big three era..

Tommy was a fireball of a coach..I loved to watch the Celts just because of him...

I switched from the dark side (lakers) to a true Celtic fan..never looked back...I was converted...lol

Paul Silas, Tiny, Hondo and the big Red head..were my heroes..then the Big three...

I still get funny looks from people when I root for the celts in Ca...Actually there are quite a few fans out here these days...lots of kids wearing Rondo/Pierce Jerseys...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I still remember when Cowens  retired the first time, in his prime..I was in mourning...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

One of the few people associated with the Celtics that I liked a lot. I always liked his demeanor, respect for other teams and his reticent and humble personality. It was odd having ex Celtics Bill Sharman and him leading the Lakers to that great 33 in a row and LA's first title. I continued to like him even in the 80's.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Pa-Pow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh boy, another stupid thought.  Look, Red mad these coaches what they are.  Bottom line is the current Celtics are "Toast!"

[/QUOTE]

It aint over til the fat lady sings. Right now she's dining on tube steak

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to lakersavenger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of the few people associated with the Celtics that I liked a lot. I always liked his demeanor, respect for other teams and his reticent and humble personality. It was odd having ex Celtics Bill Sharman and him leading the Lakers to that great 33 in a row and LA's first title. I continued to like him even in the 80's.

[/QUOTE]

Now you realize how great the Celtic tradition is. 

It took an ex-Celtic to give the LA Lakers their first title, imagine that.

[/QUOTE]
    He was a genuinely nice man and you are a genuine idiot, having to mess every civil discussion with your bird-brain remarks 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He was a genuinely nice man and you are a genuine idiot, having to mess every civil discussion with your bird-brain remarks 

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA

Saying that it took an ex-Celtic for the Lakers to get their 1st title as the LA Lakers is a bird-brain remark?

Didn't you just say that an ex-Celtic gave the Lakers their 1st title in LA?

You say it took an ex-Celtic and it's not a bird-brain remark. But if I say it's an ex-Celtic it's a bird-brain remark?

WHAT????????????????????????????

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, shut up.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now you realize how great the Celtic tradition is. 

It took an ex-Celtic to give the LA Lakers their first title, imagine that.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was reasonable to assume it took a shot of green to bring a ring to la la land. It was also predictable that a troll who is green w/ envy @  Celtics tradition would be so pained by this irony. Life is cruel. Sometimes deliciously so...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

tommy did more with less, no doubt, but the period was not as strong in terms of overall talent as it was in the 80s. bill fitch was a stern motivator, no nonsense type who was great for young teams (bird, mchale, henderson, max, robey, parish) before they tuned him out. KC Jones was the ultimate players coach and celtics players liked and respected him for his integrity and fairness. fitch was probably a better tactician; jones a much better player manager; both motivated well in different ways. fitch was great with young stars because he demanded thier best and never stopped pushing and jones was perfect for a more veteran laden team made up of returning players who had already done it before and the vets the team acquired in individual years. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jojo White is not a hall of famer.

Hondo was already 34 years old when he won a championship in 1974.

Cowens was the only big time player on that 1970s Celtics championship teams.

Basically what I'm saying is Tommy did more with less.

[/QUOTE]

Paul Silas had a great year.  White and Charlie scott had great years in the back court.

Don Nelson gave them decent play.

White was MVP of finals.

They were the most talented team in the NBA

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still remember when Cowens  retired the first time, in his prime..I was in mourning...

[/QUOTE]

if you look at cowen's stats, he was coming down.  he played the game so hard, like bird did, that he was feeling it for sure.  he had 9 years into the league that was 14 years of play on his body

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Paul Silas had a great year.  White and Charlie scott had great years in the back court.

Don Nelson gave them decent play.

White was MVP of finals.

They were the most talented team in the NBA

[/QUOTE]

But Big 3 means 3 hall of famers, Jo Jo White is not a hall of famer. 

So it's not accurate to say Tom Heinsohn had a Big 3 in the 70s.

[/QUOTE]

then if you want to get technocratic fierce we never had a big 3 that won it in 2008.

more worthless distinctions.  white was a known quantity super clutch player for the c's.  so they c's of the 70s that won the cup more than once DID HAVE A BIG THREE ON THAT TEAM- jo jo white, cowens, hondo.  learn it, live it, love it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if you look at cowen's stats, he was coming down.  he played the game so hard, like bird did, that he was feeling it for sure.  he had 9 years into the league that was 14 years of play on his body

[/QUOTE] Wonder what it would have been like having Bird and Cowens on the Same team, while both were in their prime!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jojo White is not a hall of famer.

Hondo was already 34 years old when he won a championship in 1974.

Cowens was the only big time player on that 1970s Celtics championship teams.

Basically what I'm saying is Tommy did more with less.

[/QUOTE]

1970s basketball WAS LESS- they were all smacked up on cocaine.  marvin barnes the poster boy of the 1970s- could have been a 30 and 15 guy instead he did 30 eight balls in his first two years and was done.

1970s ball, until the late 70s when the celts stank again, was lesser than both the 60s and 80s-now

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

THIS is being civil?

Just read this thread, and it seems your "attempt" to be civil about two Celtics greats just masks your trying to steer this conversation to the lakers.

So, you are only nasty to me and Duke?  HMMMMM, "shut up Fierce" and "you are an idiot" isn't exactly CIVIL, is it?????

What do you call someone who says they are "civil" to everyone else, but isn't.........?  What was that term again???????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Wonder what it would have been like having Bird and Cowens on the Same team, while both were in their prime!!

[/QUOTE]
    yikes....

Sections
Shortcuts