R AND R MAY COME TO REGRET SITTING OUT THESE GAMES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

R AND R MAY COME TO REGRET SITTING OUT THESE GAMES

more i c of avery bradley, more i love him. he's far more advanced (minus passing) than where rondo was at the same time in every other way incl shooting. i said last year that he could be even better. rondo seems to have plateaued shooting wise and in his overall offense. this kid needs to play.. period! pietrus can spell ray. bottom line if laks want to trade gasol straight up for ray, i say yes to that. if knicks in fact get howard just for this year for the bloated amare and underrated chandler, i would do it in a heartbeat if i am them. they can still sign up guys all around melo once they free up amare and howard's salary. i do think dh has a wink-wink deal to sign with lakes (hollywood and kobe are just too tempting for him).

after tonite with celts blowing them up, dh clearly needs a kobe! melo is not KOBE. lakes are rebuilding on the go. once we get gasol, during the offseason before dh talks get "official", we can trade rondo and our OKC #1 straight up for bynum/ thats how we get BOTH in bawston and lakes get howard and ray to go with kobe. both teams get back to the top in their own way. the new-old big man based big 3 returns to boston and kobe gets his new shaq back with a worthy supporting cast. heck with all that cash, they may even get deron williams. laks can negotiate with both at the same time as the heat did. so lakes can have deron-rondo-ray-kobe-dh and celts can roll with avery-pietrus-pp-gasol-bynum with a discounted kg coming off the bench with marquis, dooling and others!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

Re: R AND R MAY COME TO REGRET SITTING OUT THESE GAMES

What u mean trade Gasol straight up for Gasol..?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Time to bring Ray off the bench...the team played more like a team tonight,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Reaching at straws.  One good game and its all Ray's fault.  Rondo wasn't there - should he come off the bench?   What about KG - is his set of issues all fixed now?  Think maybe it has something to do with Paul playing better?   Last time Sasha was on the court, he got killed.....so tonight he's the savior and should replace Ray?

Come on, man.....its one game and the C's have played great for a game WITH Ray.  The issue is how the TEAM plays, not whether one man is on the court or off the court.  Think we would have won if KG wasn't playing great ball tonight?  Did that happen because Ray was out - NO!  

I want ALL tools available, including Ray and Rondo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: R AND R MAY COME TO REGRET SITTING OUT THESE GAMES:
    [QUOTE]Reaching at straws.  One good game and its all Ray's fault.  Rondo wasn't there - should he come off the bench?   What about KG - is his set of issues all fixed now?  Think maybe it has something to do with Paul playing better?   Last time Sasha was on the court, he got killed.....so tonight he's the savior and should replace Ray? Come on, man.....its one game and the C's have played great for a game WITH Ray.  The issue is how the TEAM plays, not whether one man is on the court or off the court.  Think we would have won if KG wasn't playing great ball tonight?  Did that happen because Ray was out - NO!   I want ALL tools available, including Ray and Rondo.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    I agree. One game doesn't say a lot. After a month or this season, we'll know a lot more about how far Bradley's come.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DANNY SHOULD BE WORKING THE TRADE MARKET TO SEE WHAT RONDO & RAY WOULD BRING IN RETURN.... IM O K WITH PAUL & KG AT THIS TIME !!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Reaching at straws.  One good game and its all Ray's fault.  Rondo wasn't there - should he come off the bench?   What about KG - is his set of issues all fixed now?  Think maybe it has something to do with Paul playing better?   Last time Sasha was on the court, he got killed.....so tonight he's the savior and should replace Ray? Come on, man.....its one game and the C's have played great for a game WITH Ray.  The issue is how the TEAM plays, not whether one man is on the court or off the court.  Think we would have won if KG wasn't playing great ball tonight?  Did that happen because Ray was out - NO!   I want ALL tools available, including Ray and Rondo.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

The only thing i will add is the was the best defensive performance I have seen in a while. I do think the players taking their places had a lot to do with it. It wasn't just the Magic missing shots, there weren't getting many good looks. Even the bench players were contesting everything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from modod. Show modod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R AND R MAY COME TO REGRET SITTING OUT THESE GAMES : Actually I thought the key to how well everyone played was Avery's defense starting before the ball got across half court.....I honestly can't remember his man ever beating him ..........he always had his man in front of him and was like a glove...I hope Rondo was taking notes on how if you keep your man in front of you it will help your teams defense.....Jameer was totally taken out of his game......that I believe set the whole tone of the game......lets face it our offense didn't exactly set the house on fire.......but our defense was phenomenal.........lets hope that this just a one game epiphany..........
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE].
    Totally agree. Bradley's defense set the tone on each possession, but it would have been wasted if the others weren't playing tight on their man. I hope all those on the bench took notes on how well the TEAM can play if they ALL emphasize defense. Hopefully, Doc sees he can substitute freely and frequently to maintain the defensive pressure. Will it work every night? Nope. Matchups still are a big factor. But it should keep us in every game and perhaps make the difference at the end of tight games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]What u mean trade Gasol straight up for Gasol..?
    Posted by jonrob777[/QUOTE]meant straight up for RAY! they free up cash after the season and we get our new mchale. we may have to throw in o'neal as well to make numbers work, but i would do it.

and yes, ray should be coming off the bench going forward r even pp. fact is we need to be more athletic. ray can still shoot and close but he simply cannot bring the same energy on defense anymore and has lost a lot of athleticism.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R AND R MAY COME TO REGRET SITTING OUT THESE GAMES : Actually I thought the key to how well everyone played was Avery's defense starting before the ball got across half court.....I honestly can't remember his man ever beating him ..........he always had his man in front of him and was like a glove...I hope Rondo was taking notes on how if you keep your man in front of you it will help your teams defense.....Jameer was totally taken out of his game......that I believe set the whole tone of the game......lets face it our offense didn't exactly set the house on fire.......but our defense was phenomenal.........lets hope that this just a one game epiphany..........
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]heard avery talk yesterday. amazed that he had the ballls to tell doc staright up that he would be attacking nelson full court the entire game. pierce and kg both said it was the difference in that it give them all serious energy. this kid can do this to any point guard in the league including d-rose or chris paul. rondo's good but simply isnt as good defensively... period.

unless we are playing against shorter shooting guards, i would give more playing time to avery over rr when he comes back. we need that energy and karma. same with pietrus, u can feel the energy plus with his size, its a major difference maker. pp and piet are bigger difference makers on defense than ray and pp. plus he shoots welll enough that the offensive gap is minimal. will actually help pp score more with piet around.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to R AND R MAY COME TO REGRET SITTING OUT THESE GAMES:
    [QUOTE]more i c of avery bradley, more i love him. he's far more advanced (minus passing) than where rondo was at the same time in every other way incl shooting. i said last year that he could be even better. rondo seems to have plateaued shooting wise and in his overall offense. this kid needs to play.. period! pietrus can spell ray. bottom line if laks want to trade gasol straight up for ray, i say yes to that. if knicks in fact get howard just for this year for the bloated amare and underrated chandler, i would do it in a heartbeat if i am them. they can still sign up guys all around melo once they free up amare and howard's salary. i do think dh has a wink-wink deal to sign with lakes (hollywood and kobe are just too tempting for him). after tonite with celts blowing them up, dh clearly needs a kobe! melo is not KOBE. lakes are rebuilding on the go. once we get gasol, during the offseason before dh talks get "official", we can trade rondo and our OKC #1 straight up for bynum/ thats how we get BOTH in bawston and lakes get howard and ray to go with kobe. both teams get back to the top in their own way. the new-old big man based big 3 returns to boston and kobe gets his new shaq back with a worthy supporting cast. heck with all that cash, they may even get deron williams. laks can negotiate with both at the same time as the heat did. so lakes can have deron-rondo-ray-kobe-dh and celts can roll with avery-pietrus-pp-gasol-bynum with a discounted kg coming off the bench with marquis, dooling and others!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I am not going to do the research but what is obviously clear to me is that over the last couple of years is that when Rondo is hurt and none of the BIG 3 is missing the Cs have a much higher winning percentage....

The Cs have absolutely nothing to offer any teams other than expiring contracts in which case the Cs will take back a whole bunch of bad contracts....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

I can't knock Bradley's defense.  It was fantastic!  

However, in NBA games, there is no one thing that can cause a massive swing in performance like that.  We didn't win by 30 points just because Bradley played better (although he did play great and it did disrupt their offense).  KG was a very high energy guy with great passes to keep the ball moving.  Pierce shot well.  Orlando shot horribly and not every shot was missed because of us.  Look at how poorly Anderson (0 for 8), Howard (4 for 15), and Baby (2 for 9) shot their open shots.  Everyone on the C's played great in 2nd half. Team shot 48%, excluding 3's.  Outrebounded the Magic, too. And...when was the last time Sasha played that well.  So, it was an all around good game.  

My point is not to detract from Avery's fantastic effort but to say we won for a LOT of factors and if we had that from everyone all the time, this team would win with Rondo or anyone else.  Its all about whether they start playing together because no one of them can carry this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

The orginal GLOVE shoud be proud!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

You guys are way too over the top reactionaries. One good or bad game does not validate your extremist calls for action. Look around almost every team is playing real streaky and nagging injuries are starting to pile up every where. Ideally you would want our starters to avg the same as their backups especially this year. Some trades as we experienced with Green don't always work out chemistry wise. If you thought coming into this year we were shooting for best record you weren't being realistic. This game we came together as a team and played to the sum being greater than its parts.Win or lose this season the future is bright we win,its a story book tale,underdogs considered done rise up with the help of some youngins etc etc. We lose we 're in the lottery and have the option for an additional 1st, have enough cap space for 2 max contracts or a sign and trade with a RFA.  It is way too early to make a trade. We wait some teams that have talented RFAs that are out and want cap $$ or a contender with a need or dozens of other scenarios. Waiting til closer to the deadline would give us much better value.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Lets just say this Commy:  if you can't pass, then you can't play pg!   Imagine a non passing Cooz, Majic, Stockton.   You ever see Rose, RR, CP3, DWilliams pass the ball?   You can go to a high school game and see the difference in a team that passes the ball well.   Don't be fooled by the crossovers.   Teams and players that pass well are always better.   If a guard can't pass, then he better shoot like RA.   Or, you can call him Eric Snow (I'm sorry, he could pass the ball).

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

What did AB do to be a 'very good backup pg'?   Hey, proof is in the pudding (??).   Lets see what happens against Pacers (Collison), then Cav's Sessions and Irving.   Rose is coming up in Feb.   Now, if Doc doesn't play AB (RR and Dooling coming back), then that is an indication of no faith in AB.   "Well he's young (and the Cs are a vet team) and Doc doesn't want to play young players".   Well, so are those players and their teams have better records.   So, we'll resume this AB rap next wk.

Sections
Shortcuts