race for the #1 seed in the east

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

race for the #1 seed in the east

will probably come down to chicago and boston. and by the looks of it chicago might have an easier schedule. lets hope we can beat them when we go there again in april.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: race for the #1 seed in the east

Even with all the injuries Doc has to understand every game is a trap game.  To fall so far behind is very troubling. This is a game we needed to win.  

The Bulls will be frothing at the mouth now we have given them hope.

Rondo is out of sorts and I wonder if this is going to be a problem going forward. Not good timing at all.  Veterans really let the team down tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: race for the #1 seed in the east:
    [QUOTE]Even with all the injuries Doc has to understand every game is a trap game.  To fall so far behind is very troubling. This is a game we needed to win.   The Bulls will be frothing at the mouth now we have given them hope. Rondo is out of sorts and I wonder if this is going to be a problem going forward. Not good timing at all.  Veterans really let the team down tonight.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

What veterans let the team down?  KG had good shots and missed a lot.  I can live with that - happens to everyone.  Ray and Paul played great.  So did Krstic on offense.   But, Rondo was the issue (or are you including him in your statement of "veterans"?).   Other issue was interior Defense and that's Krstic but we knew that was his weakness.  no surprise there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

We'll probably fall to 2nd or 3rd in the East. The Bulls are playing well, and we can't expect the Heat to lose every game either.

We just have too many injuries. Like one poster said yesterday, the Celtics are like a M*A*S*H unit right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]We'll probably fall to 2nd or 3rd in the East. The Bulls are playing well, and we can't expect the Heat to lose every game either. We just have too many injuries. Like one poster said yesterday, the Celtics are like a M*A*S*H unit right now.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

I do not see us going worse than 2nd in the East.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

The celts should also be worried about how they finish against the west. Spurs are #1 seed but with the Lakers playing well, could they finish with a better record than Boston?

Boston has no chance of beating the Lakers without home court, best those 'injuries' (lmao) sort themselves out soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]We'll probably fall to 2nd or 3rd in the East. The Bulls are playing well, and we can't expect the Heat to lose every game either. We just have too many injuries. Like one poster said yesterday, the Celtics are like a M*A*S*H unit right now.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]
        Where's you're team spirit? The C's have been in 1st place in the East almost all season and that's where they're going to finish. That's the attitude to have. Too much pessimism on this board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]The celts should also be worried about how they finish against the west. Spurs are #1 seed but with the Lakers playing well, could they finish with a better record than Boston? Boston has no chance of beating the Lakers without home court, best those 'injuries' (lmao) sort themselves out soon.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Good of you to admit that if Game 7 was played in Boston the Celts would be the defending champs this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: race for the #1 seed in the east : Good of you to admit that if Game 7 was played in Boston the Celts would be the defending champs this season.
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

You had a chance to win if game 7 was in Boston, but not in our house. Had Bynum been as fit as he is now, that series would have gone no further than 5.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

we are playing well rite now, considering our injuries, but i think Doc HAS to start cutting some players minutes. even if it is at the expense of some losses. i think that this might make us lose games, but it will give the bench more continuity as well. Rondos minutes MUST GO DOWN. you can see it in his play, hes worn down. playing way too many minutes. doc acknowledges this but doesnt do anything about it. paul and rays minutes as well. its sad. kg has been the same, and seems to be goodwith his 32-34 a nite. but they all need to get down to about 32-35 minutes pergame, including Rajon, just to get the rest. i also think they need to sit each of them a game, like doc always does before the playoffs. seeding is important, but if we go in there winded it wont matter. 

with that, i love our team and think/know we can beat anyone in the NBA, my ONLY concern is the amt of min the starters have been playing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]we are playing well rite now, considering our injuries, but i think Doc HAS to start cutting some players minutes. even if it is at the expense of some losses. i think that this might make us lose games, but it will give the bench more continuity as well. Rondos minutes MUST GO DOWN. you can see it in his play, hes worn down. playing way too many minutes. doc acknowledges this but doesnt do anything about it. paul and rays minutes as well. its sad. kg has been the same, and seems to be goodwith his 32-34 a nite. but they all need to get down to about 32-35 minutes pergame, including Rajon, just to get the rest. i also think they need to sit each of them a game, like doc always does before the playoffs. seeding is important, but if we go in there winded it wont matter.  with that, i love our team and think/know we can beat anyone in the NBA, my ONLY concern is the amt of min the starters have been playing.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Amen brother! A rested team with the #2 or 3 seed is better than an exhausted one at #1. It will all be moot if we're not healthy anyway. We need Shaq, BB and west back and fit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: race for the #1 seed in the east :     Where's you're team spirit? The C's have been in 1st place in the East almost all season and that's where they're going to finish. That's the attitude to have. Too much pessimism on this board.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

It's called being REALISTIC. Sorry, my bad...

Undecided

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]we are playing well rite now, considering our injuries, but i think Doc HAS to start cutting some players minutes. even if it is at the expense of some losses. i think that this might make us lose games, but it will give the bench more continuity as well. Rondos minutes MUST GO DOWN. you can see it in his play, hes worn down. playing way too many minutes. doc acknowledges this but doesnt do anything about it. paul and rays minutes as well. its sad. kg has been the same, and seems to be goodwith his 32-34 a nite. but they all need to get down to about 32-35 minutes pergame, including Rajon, just to get the rest. i also think they need to sit each of them a game, like doc always does before the playoffs. seeding is important, but if we go in there winded it wont matter.  with that, i love our team and think/know we can beat anyone in the NBA, my ONLY concern is the amt of min the starters have been playing.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Good post..

Doc always talking about reducing the minutes for the starters but rarely follows through unless a blowout.

Theres  a balance of winning games vs minutes.. we'd all like to do both, win games and rest our starters...just doesnt work that way.

Im especially concerned with Ray, whos had a great season but we remember the playoffs over the past few years and the struggles hes had with his shot.

Rays had so many bad shooting streaks in the playoffs... on good looks for him... that a reasonable person can only attribute to either injury or tired legs. 

Rest is important and I hope Doc can find a way to get it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I realize rest is important also. Right now if we can maintain the 1 seed we would get to play the Pacers and then maybe the Magic or Knicks. I think that would be a lot easier road then having to go through 76ers and then possibly the heat. We need to keep the 1st seed for those reasons alone. Hopefully as the new guys get up to speed  and West Shaq and Oneal get back there will be some time at the end of the season for rest. Right now I think we need to continue to try and win these games and keep the 1st seed. We have a reasonable good schedule for the next few games we need to go out and win them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Injuries have a way of evening out..... http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AlcQMcEVSf1e3NxCByBxSBc5nYcB?gid=2011030930 Jamez, Hopefully the addition of Arroyo can help bring Rondo's minutes down.  He (Arroyo) looked like he "belonged" last night.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

Remember, usually before the playoffs Andrew Bynum usually shows us that he has the "Sam Bowie genes". 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I still like us at #1.

We also have an easy schedule except for a couple of games. Last night was an aberration. All offense and no defense. The Celtics just got lazy.

In fact it may have been a good loss for the Celtics. Now, they know that the new crew has to play defense as well as offense to win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

The  Celts  will  be  pressed  to  beat  Philly  tomorrow  with  all  the  injuries.  Then  we  have  away  games  in  SA, Chicago, N.Y.  and  late  in  the  year  in  Miami.  The  Celts  will  end  up  with  the  # 2  seed.  I  just  hope  they  have  a  better  record  than  the  Lakers at  the  end  of  the  year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]The  Celts  will  be  pressed  to  beat  Philly  tomorrow  with  all  the  injuries.  Then  we  have  away  games  in  SA, Chicago, N.Y.  and  late  in  the  year  in  Miami.  The  Celts  will  end  up  with  the  # 2  seed.  I  just  hope  they  have  a  better  record  than  the  Lakers at  the  end  of  the  year. 
    Posted by zeitgeist49[/QUOTE]

The Celts will not lose to the Knicks. 

Right now the Celts have a 2 game lead over the Bulls in the loss column. The only way the Celts are going to end up with the #2 seed is if the Bulls do not lose a single game until the end of the season. Don't forget Boozer is now injured.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: race for the #1 seed in the east : Good post.. Doc always talking about reducing the minutes for the starters but rarely follows through unless a blowout. Theres  a balance of winning games vs minutes.. we'd all like to do both, win games and rest our starters...just doesnt work that way. Im especially concerned with Ray, whos had a great season but we remember the playoffs over the past few years and the struggles hes had with his shot. Rays had so many bad shooting streaks in the playoffs... on good looks for him... that a reasonable person can only attribute to either injury or tired legs.  Rest is important and I hope Doc can find a way to get it
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Karl, I agree that Ray's minutes are the big worry.  KG's minutes and Paul's minutes are managed.  Rondo has something else wrong (physical or in the mind - don't know).  Its Ray that is getting worn out, IMO.  

As for Rondo, young guys can play the minutes if healthy.  If he's not healthy, Doc shouldn't be playing him so much.  But if healthy, minutes are not a valid excuse.  Heck, Monte Ellis, Aldridge, Rudy, Gay, Durant, Deng, Dorell Wright, Lebron, Gerald Wallace, and Dwill all play more mins than Rondo and their play hasn't suffered!  Rose, Wall, Wade, Iguodala, and Howard play about the same minutes and their play hasn't suffered.  Why, they're all young like Rondo.  Minutes are an excuse.  The kid is not focused, that's all.   Unless he has an injury we're not being told about - he needs to get off his rear and play better!  Live up to the hype - that's what stars do!

Sections
Shortcuts