Race to the Bottom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Race to the Bottom

Right now its an 8 team race to the bottom.  IMO worst case, Boston would get the 8th overall pick in the 2014 draft but most likely the 5th pick.  

Mil, Phil, Orlando and now the Lakers are trying hard to play to lose to get a top 4 pick.  

The wild cards are Utah, Sacto and Charlotte.  The race to the bottom will ultimately come down to injuries, which brings me to the next point.

Philly decided to sit Noel and now the Lakers are sitting Kobe for the season.  Why? because there is no need to risk another potential injury AND they want to lose... So why is Rondo playing on a tanking team ?  1). because the Boston organization has more class and wants to put our "best players" on the court for the fans and their $upport (lol)... OR 2). Danny needs to show that Rondo is healthy so he can trade him.  Good bye Rondo.  Hello #5 pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Race to the Bottom

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Right now its an 8 team race to the bottom.  IMO worst case, Boston would get the 8th overall pick in the 2014 draft but most likely the 5th pick.  

Mil, Phil, Orlando and now the Lakers are trying hard to play to lose to get a top 4 pick.  

The wild cards are Utah, Sacto and Charlotte.  The race to the bottom will ultimately come down to injuries, which brings me to the next point.

Philly decided to sit Noel and now the Lakers are sitting Kobe for the season.  Why? because there is no need to risk another potential injury AND they want to lose... So why is Rondo playing on a tanking team ?  1). because the Boston organization has more class and wants to put our "best players" on the court for the fans and their $upport (lol)... OR 2). Danny needs to show that Rondo is healthy so he can trade him.  Good bye Rondo.  Hello #5 pick.

[/QUOTE]

Noel says he'll be back in four weeks...and kobe plans to play in the AS game!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah the curse of Kobe will keep the Lakers from being involved in this conversation. Charlotte is a lot better than Boston. I don't see them being any higher than 6.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

You may be correct about Noel - apparently he wants to play, but PHI managment says no.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10341555/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-says-sitting-all-star-game-right-thing

that one is about kobe - he will play when he wants to - they have no control over him and never did!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Bryant's age and ego will not allow him to miss this entire season. Coming back next November at 36 with diminished skills and an oft-injured body would be very ugly if he couldn't play consistently. Inactivity, NBA style, breeds bad timing, stamina, and balance. Who else will draw the big bucks and celebs to the front row seats at Staples?  The Fakers have to pay the bills, after all.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Kobe wants the all time scoring record, just like Arod only cares about the HR record.  Taking a year off of valuable time is killing them both.  All that matters to them is their legacy in the record books.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

shhhh lets not talk facts here...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I can hardly wait to see Fat Kobe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

I think the Celtics will end up with a record worse than both Philly and LA. They have more talent than we do. I think Celtics end up with the 3rd pick in the NBA Draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I really don't like or respect your constant rondo hating... but... if we were to trade Rondo. I want this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oq6atmn

BOS: McLemore, Outlaw, Landry, 2014 Kings 1st
    SAC: Rondo

Watching Cousins play ... he's a walking triple double coming into his own. I think he'd really click with Rondo and trust him. Imagine them both having triple double games? I think Rondo can make Rudy more efficient and get D. Williams points. I think the kings also re-sign Jimmer and with Rondo dishing, he returns to his once productive prospect.

I don't care what salary the Celtics take back. Its hard to tell, but looks like Thompson is playing over Landry (out) and Thornton over Outlaw. I'll take the salary for that 2014 pick and McLemore who I think will become Joe Johnson-esque. If the Kings want to protect the 2014 1st, then they should offer a 2016 protected pick as well. Rondo can return that kind of haul at the deadline once he's fully recovered. Just look at Jrue Holiday (recent) and Deron Williams (classic) trades. Actually, Utah got more back for DWill, whereas the Celtics take on salary.

I don't mind Landry or Outlaw. Outlaw is an expiring next year, and Landry is a good player at a reasonable salary. A contender looking for a fourth big man would easily trade for him next season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Of course my above trade would need to be on draft night (because Kings pick is protected) OR it would be a 2015 and 2017 pick, which I wouldn't mind either. Assets are assets, picks are picks.

But, lets say a scenario where the Celtics get a #2 overall (the bball gods would never let us pick 1st overall), we would absolutely draft Embiid or Parker (if they both declare). Lets say the kings get the 5th overall. They could keep smart, but could build the insta-condender by pulling the trigger on the above trade for Rondo. 

They would then have cap room to fill up their bench and compete.

A Ronod trade for the Celtics takes away the urgency to trade away Wallace's bad contract (via inclusion of a pick). We just ride it out for the next two years along with any others that we pick up and by then a core would emerge of (something like):

Smart

Bradley

Parker

Sullinger

Embiid

... and then we dominate the world!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course my above trade would need to be on draft night (because Kings pick is protected) OR it would be a 2015 and 2017 pick, which I wouldn't mind either. Assets are assets, picks are picks.

But, lets say a scenario where the Celtics get a #2 overall (the bball gods would never let us pick 1st overall), we would absolutely draft Embiid or Parker (if they both declare). Lets say the kings get the 5th overall. They could keep smart, but could build the insta-condender by pulling the trigger on the above trade for Rondo. 

They would then have cap room to fill up their bench and compete.

A Ronod trade for the Celtics takes away the urgency to trade away Wallace's bad contract (via inclusion of a pick). We just ride it out for the next two years along with any others that we pick up and by then a core would emerge of (something like):

Smart

Bradley

Parker

Sullinger

Embiid

... and then we dominate the world!

[/QUOTE]

I hope we don't keep Bradley.

He's too small.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Next 2 weeks the C's are playing Philly twice, Orlando, Sacramento and Milwaukee. These are head to head matchups for the race to the bottom. Looks like Milwaukee has the #1 locked up though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Guessing which pick they'll have in a lottery system is nonsensical, does anyone remember when we were supposed to get Tim Duncan and Chauncy Billups with the two top picks?

If David Stern wants the C's to get the top pick he'll make it so, more likely it will go to a team struggling to sell tickets or threatening to move to another city.  Being the worst doesn't mean anything, the lottery is rigged.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Kobe will not be effective enough to keep the Lakers out of a top 10 selection....and maybe even higher.  The Lakers play out west, so they play a higher caliber of opponent more frequently.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guessing which pick they'll have in a lottery system is nonsensical, does anyone remember when we were supposed to get Tim Duncan and Chauncy Billups with the two top picks?

If David Stern wants the C's to get the top pick he'll make it so, more likely it will go to a team struggling to sell tickets or threatening to move to another city.  Being the worst doesn't mean anything, the lottery is rigged.

[/QUOTE]

Stern is set to retire on Feb 1, 2014. Looks like he will not have any influence on the lottery.

Sections
Shortcuts