Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none.

There has been a lot of discussion on this board about Rondo's trade value and true value for the Celtics.  Today was another classic example of his true value to his teammates.  He took over the game from the beginning, put his foot on the collective throats of the Heat, and turned it before they knew what hit them.  Another triple double against a quality opponent (if you could consider today's opponent quality) is becoming ho hum for the best the Association has to offer.  As for his trade value, Danny should pull the trigger only if he can get a combination of lesser talents such as Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan and 5 or 6 first round drafts picks.  And as I've previously stated, even then the Celtics would probably be getting the short end of the stick.  Additionally, I wouldn't count the Celtics out for banner #18 this year with Rondo at the helm!

As Always,

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none.

He seems to play to the level of his competition, getting only assists most games and displaying all his skills for the so-called better teams or players.  So far this year, he's made KoMe's matador defense look silly and schoolled DWill, CP3 and others.  Today, he confused the whole Heat organization until Doc sat him with the Celtics up by 29.  Nothing less than I expected, did you?  He rises to the occasion when he needs to, which is what I expect him to do.  Otherwise, keep your teammates involved and alert for the ball.

As Always,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Today he was.

Tomorrow?????

Who knows.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none.:
    [QUOTE]Today he was. Tomorrow????? Who knows. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

did it upset you to see the selfish, assist-happy, one dimensional point guard go off against the best team in the nba?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none. : did it upset you to see the selfish, assist-happy, one dimensional point guard go off against the best team in the nba?
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

there will always be excuses........i dnt think rondo is hands down the best in the game, but there is no other point guard i would rather have than rondo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none. : there will always be excuses........i dnt think rondo is hands down the best in the game, but there is no other point guard i would rather have than rondo
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

you know, theres no better way to put that. couldnt have said it better myself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRadja. Show DRadja's posts

Rondo is the face of the Celtics.  Today that was pure wizardry. The Heat looked clueless.....Props to Danny for believing in AB.  Poor Wade, he was posterized worse than Perk!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo can be great or play with disinterest.  Right after his 18-17-20 game, he had a few stinkers and has also been terribly outplayed by no-names this season. 

Consistency keeps Rondo from being at the top more than anything, followed by his lazy/gambling defense and shooting problems. When hes on and giving it his all, hes alot of fun to watch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo can be great or play with disinterest.  Right after his 18-17-20 game, he had a few stinkers and has also been terribly outplayed by no-names this season.  Consistency keeps Rondo from being at the top more than anything, followed by his lazy/gambling defense and shooting problems. When hes on and giving it his all, hes alot of fun to watch.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I don't get my hopes up anymore.

R9R is a heart breaker.

And I need to take good care of my heart, hoping that it survives R9R.

Way too many liabilities.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo can be great or play with disinterest.  Right after his 18-17-20 game, he had a few stinkers and has also been terribly outplayed by no-names this season.  Consistency keeps Rondo from being at the top more than anything, followed by his lazy/gambling defense and shooting problems. When hes on and giving it his all, hes alot of fun to watch.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Everyone in the Association has peaks and valleys, and Rondo is no exception; however, it is quite evident that Rondo gets up for the big games against the purported better guards/teams.  Notably, KoMe couldn't stay in front of him this year, now could he?  Linsanity became just insanity trying to hang onto the blur which was Rondo!  Deron Williams, what a joke.  Chris Paul could change his name to subpar when matched up with Rondo; wouldn't you agree?

As Always,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

At his best, Rondo is the best. But he's not always at his best. 

I still put Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook above him, though to be fair Westbrook in particular is not a true point. 

I am a "prove it in the postseason" kind of guy. So let's see if Rondo can push this flawed Celtics team far into the postseason. If he can, then more and more of the detractors will either be won over or will have to be quiet. 

I will say it was encouraging to see Rondo dissect exactly the defense that critics/haters like Pud say he can't handle. But having said that, the Heat did not play well and the Celts took advantage. I don't read as much into one game as some folks on this board do - let's see how it plays out. 

But I'm excited how this beat up team is gelling and Rondo has had a great month. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Rondo is as good a passer as there is in the game today. His turnover to assist ratio is impressive. His defense is solid. His offensive game is very hit and miss. He isn;t a great finisher at the rim, his outside shot is so-so and his free throw shootin substandard for a point guard.

IMO he is gifted but flawed player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Very inconsistant....thats why he has 12 consecutive double digit assist games and averages 14-11-5.

We have a great point guard...like said above "the best passer in the game today"  Does he have flaws? With out doubt but I'll take him on my squad any day of the week.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

*The biggest knock against him should be his FT shooting not his inconsistancy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Tuukka,
    Speaking about inconsistancy you forgot to mentioned 5 triple-doubles in 42 games.

I can't say that he's the best PG overall but as far as 3x2 he has no competition.

AK

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Who cares if people think hes the best this or that..The important thing is he is ours, and he is till here...He is the best pt guard on the Celtics and only Rondo can stop Rondo..the Heat guards sure can't..didn't somebody say that the Cole kid was better..sure..and the world is flat..
    Get used to it, He IS the face of the Franchise, warts and all.
    The Future is Here!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]*The biggest knock against him should be his FT shooting not his inconsistancy.
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this... if he could just improve his FT to around 75 percent or so he becomes that much better  esp in the 4th quarter....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]At his best, Rondo is the best. But he's not always at his best.  I still put Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook above him, though to be fair Westbrook in particular is not a true point.  I am a "prove it in the postseason" kind of guy. So let's see if Rondo can push this flawed Celtics team far into the postseason. If he can, then more and more of the detractors will either be won over or will have to be quiet.  I will say it was encouraging to see Rondo dissect exactly the defense that critics/haters like Pud say he can't handle. But having said that, the Heat did not play well and the Celts took advantage. I don't read as much into one game as some folks on this board do - let's see how it plays out.  But I'm excited how this beat up team is gelling and Rondo has had a great month. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

i disagree. Rondo since 2009 (and even in the finals in 08) has always played huge in the playoffs. series against bulls in 09 where he almost averaged a triple double, his whole postseason in 2010 where he carried the celtics to the finals, and the knicks series last yr..he has always played big when it mattered. yet the opinions of him dont change..people forget too easily.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none. : This season will once and for all change or will not change the opinions of the people about Rondo's abilities. If Rondo plays well in the playoffs then only pud and Dud will be the only ones left who wants Rondo out of Boston.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

agree.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Rondo (17 and counting) and Celtics still rolling along and looking strong the closer it gets to the second season.

As Always,

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Talented but flawed is a good summary of Rondo.  You can win with him for sure, but as others say, if there is a deal on the table that undoubtedly improves this team, then I'd trade him.  But what is that deal?  He makes guys better, but he can sometimes look disinterested and his offensive game leaves much to be desired at times.  Get him another shooter and a big guy who can finish at the rim and he makes this team go next year. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is as good a passer as there is in the game today. His turnover to assist ratio is impressive. His defense is solid. His offensive game is very hit and miss. He isn;t a great finisher at the rim, his outside shot is so-so and his free throw shootin substandard for a point guard. IMO he is gifted but flawed player.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

And what player doesnt have flaws????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none. : And what player doesnt have flaws????
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

+1

at this point, the only pg id rather have then Rondo is CP3.

Sections
Shortcuts