Rajon Rondo to be executed at dawn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Rajon Rondo to be executed at dawn

I would just prefer Rondo to jack up numerous contested shots and ensure he gets his 20 like most PG’s these days – seems that is what the modern fan values.

I said it before, the only PG I would remotely consider trading for Rondo is Deron Williams (although John Wall is becoming more a possibility).  That said, Williams and Wall have never had to perform when the lights are brightest. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo to be executed at dawn:
    [QUOTE]I would just prefer Rondo to jack up numerous contested shots and ensure he gets his 20 like most PG’s these days – seems that is what the modern fan values.   I said it before, the only PG I would remotely consider trading for Rondo is Deron Williams (although John Wall is becoming more a possibility).   That said, Williams and Wall have never had to perform when the lights are brightest. 
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]

I'm hardly a modern fan... but I look forward to the day when Rondo's shots are contested.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo to be executed at dawn : Where has he improved at?
    Posted by oldtimerceltfan[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're into numbers he's averaging almost twice the assists he averaged in his second year.  He's been voted an all-star and all-defensive.

Not bad for a late 1st rounder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

In one sense though Rondo has not improved much.  Remember that clinching game 6 over LA?  Rondo and Posey were the best players on the court as the C's put #17 in the bag before halftime.

Rondo totally disrupted the Lakers offense.  How many steals did he end up with?  Was it nine?

Hard to improve on that performance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i look forward to tonight. who's guarding rondo, jennings? if he backs off he's playing right into rondo's hands. extra space makes it easier for rondo to do as he pleases - including shoot. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Jeff Van Gundy has said that playing off Rondo often just results in giving him a running start.

One reason I love watching Rondo is that he is so effective despite not having a decent preimeter shot to keep the defense honest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

deron williams? zzzzzzzz.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]One reason I love watching Rondo is that he is so effective despite not having a decent preimeter shot to keep the defense honest.
    Posted by pliu[/QUOTE]

you a laker mole or just didn't watch the laker finals series last year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

No, just intrigued by Rondo's unusual skill set.

And I thought we lost game 7 not because of PG play but mainly because LA wiped us out on the boards.  When the C's limit the opponenet to 33% shooting and their best player to 7-27, it is usually a win in the classic style for this group: a methodical slow strangulation.

But you let the enemy off the mat when you give him so many second opportunities to score. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Sure, I wish Rondo could shoot better.  I'm on record tlaking derisively about this in the past, but it's hard to argue with a guy averaging 16+ assists per game.  This is HISTORIC.

Someone mentioned the evolution of Rondo's game.  I would question whether it is the evolution of Rondo's game or the de-evolution of the Big3's game.

The Big3 are not as spry as they once were;  whether it is due to injury or age.  The defense that we play does not come without a cost.  It is getting harder to play at that level on the defensive end and still have the legs to cut to the basket constantly or get to the front of the rim for a lob.  As a result our offense tends to bog down for lengths of time during games, especially when the outside shot is not falling.  Although there is currently no replacement for KG, could we have a more energized offense if we replaced RA or PP at times with Wafer and Marquis to serve as the backdoor guy cutting to the basket?  Rather than replace all of the starters would it be more beneficial to just selectively replace RA and PP?

I know that I have digressed from the Rondo discussion.

For now I would suggest that we all just sit back and enjoy what the kid is doing!!!

PA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo to be executed at dawn : Where has he improved at?
    Posted by oldtimerceltfan[/QUOTE]
        If you don't know the answer to your own question than you must not be paying attention to Celtic games or the NBA. Maybe you should think about changing your slogan of "keeping it real" to " I don't know what's real."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

Rondo is the best point guard in the NBA case closed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo to be executed at dawn :     If you don't know the answer to your own question than you must not be paying attention to Celtic games or the NBA. Maybe you should think about changing your slogan of "keeping it real" to " I don't know what's real."
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

The question was directed toward mem17 who ridicules oldtimer instead of answering the question.

Mighty hostile, good doctor! Maybe you should think about changing professions???

Physician, heal thyself.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts