Rajon Rondo trade to Denver Nuggets possible?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Re: Rajon Rondo trade to Denver Nuggets possible?

Denver is doing well right now. Their team chemistry is great. No reason to break that up now. Whoever said that Mozgov will be an asset to the Celtics probably hasn't seen him play. Fab Melo may even have a higher skill level at this point in time. While trading Rondo to Denver now is possible, it seems rather unlikely. Trading Rondo during the off-season is a likelier scenario.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

ty lawson would be AWESOME on this team- just plays straight ahead all the time ball.  no half trying on defense or offense.  and IT WOULD GET OUR ACQUIRED YOUNGER PIECES RIGHT BACK IN ORDER AGAIN and GET SOME RUNNING / PACE into our game.  rondo for lawson might just appeal to denver, a much younger team with scoring power.  and lawson would deliver us back to legtimacy

one thing- GET MOZGOV TOO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I wouldn't mind if it's Lawson and McGee or Mosgov....anything else forget it. We have to have Lawson

Lawson and AB would be a nice backcourt

I think it's just Doc floating his name out there to wake him up though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

ty lawson would be AWESOME on this team- just plays straight ahead all the time ball.  no half trying on defense or offense.  and IT WOULD GET OUR ACQUIRED YOUNGER PIECES RIGHT BACK IN ORDER AGAIN and GET SOME RUNNING / PACE into our game.  rondo for lawson might just appeal to denver, a much younger team with scoring power.  and lawson would deliver us back to legtimacy

one thing- GET MOZGOV TOO

Oh yeah that's be great. Let go of a guy (rondo) with a PER of 18.39 

For a guy (Lawson) with a PER 14.69. 

Also we'd let go of a guy who is +21.03 (Rondo)

For a guy is is + 14.0 Lawson. 

Get rid of a guy with a Defensive rating of 103 (Rondo and remeber lower is better)

For a guy with a Defensive rating of 109 (Lawson) 

Please Acie go to Miami maybe you can talk the Heat into dealing Lebron James for Jose Calderon. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

DA has to be interested in the young talent on their roster. He also has been interested in obtaining C. Brewer, via trade, in the past.

If a trade does take place, I am guessing it will be a multi-player deal!

That brewer is a defensive hound and can rain threes...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I just want DA to pull the trigger on a trade or two.  Its possible if we got good players,  the chemistry would be good and we could still have a chance.  Not a big one but look at the Knicks this year,  they had a bunch of new players and came out guns blazing.  I know there is n't the same training camp, but basketball is basketball,  if they play defense with new guys they would be successful. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

That's not even a rumor, that's Chad Ford jerking around in a chat to get eyeballs. Don't fall for that stuff. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Miller is 36 and clearly over the hill.  Pass.

Rondo included in a deal for Lawson and/or Mozgov doesn't solve the pressing problem - a quality big man.  and we would need Rondo's value (and more) to get a top tier center.

Mozgov is a tier two center but better than nothing.  I think we could get a better deal, but I would still do the  following since we get a starting center for players who don't have a role on the team right now. 

Celtics receive Timofey Mozgov

Nuggets receive “ Leandro Barbosa, Fab Melo and the expiring contract of Jason Collins.

We could probably get Lawson from Denver (if Rondo was moved to say, the Kings...) for Bass and a first round pick.  They need a another PF.

1. TRUE

2. TRUE, but until you purge rivers from the system, there really is no purpose in bringing in quality big men.  he will ruin more than he will coach them to success.  just think ahead- pierce + KG are goners from this team- that's 26 million in cap space and if we play the cards right, we dump jeff green / get a new coach REALLY QUICKLY before he's permanently "damaged goods", not that he was the greatest to begin with.  but ainge made the self inflicted wound of 9M x 4yrs on green...

rondo for lawson/mozgov or even throw in MORE TRIPE that rivers has ruined and get some new pieces in here makes us relevant for some modicum of playoff competitiveness.  right now we are rubbish waiting to happen. 

there's only so much 'quality big man' you can conjure up when washed up KG is booking 11 million on us this year instead of the 1.5 to 2 million he should have been signed for- that's why a stiff like darko was brought in, but even doc screwed that up- servicable big man gone from the roster and the country- hey that's sorta like kristic and erden too!!  hmmmmmm

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I'm thinking:

the rumor says Rondo goes to DEN - so who do we get??

McGee?  no.....Iggy?  No......Lawson only makes 3 mill.....they would have to give us about 3 players for Rondo........WHO?????

The article has Mosgov's name in it, for God's sake - I'm using that.

So, instead of critiquing me, why don't you all ADD something to the conversation.  Miller and Mozgov for Rondo works...........what else does anyone have?  I don't want to give up Sully or Bradley!

what if a third team was brought in?  it's been done before. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanpaul33. Show fanpaul33's posts

faried,iguodala and mosgov would be fair for the best point guard in NBA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to fanpaul33's comment:

Too bad the Clippers have him on their roster and not ours.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to fanpaul33's comment:

CP3?

Curry?

Irving?

Parker?

Westbrook?

Rose?

Rondo is a top 10 PG, nothing more, nothing less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Miller is 36 and clearly over the hill.  Pass.

Rondo included in a deal for Lawson and/or Mozgov doesn't solve the pressing problem - a quality big man.  and we would need Rondo's value (and more) to get a top tier center.

Mozgov is a tier two center but better than nothing.  I think we could get a better deal, but I would still do the  following since we get a starting center for players who don't have a role on the team right now. 

Celtics receive Timofey Mozgov

Nuggets receive “ Leandro Barbosa, Fab Melo and the expiring contract of Jason Collins.

We could probably get Lawson from Denver (if Rondo was moved to say, the Kings...) for Bass and a first round pick.  They need a another PF.

1. TRUE

2. TRUE, but until you purge rivers from the system, there really is no purpose in bringing in quality big men.  he will ruin more than he will coach them to success.  just think ahead- pierce + KG are goners from this team- that's 26 million in cap space and if we play the cards right, we dump jeff green / get a new coach REALLY QUICKLY before he's permanently "damaged goods", not that he was the greatest to begin with.  but ainge made the self inflicted wound of 9M x 4yrs on green...

rondo for lawson/mozgov or even throw in MORE TRIPE that rivers has ruined and get some new pieces in here makes us relevant for some modicum of playoff competitiveness.  right now we are rubbish waiting to happen. 

there's only so much 'quality big man' you can conjure up when washed up KG is booking 11 million on us this year instead of the 1.5 to 2 million he should have been signed for- that's why a stiff like darko was brought in, but even doc screwed that up- servicable big man gone from the roster and the country- hey that's sorta like kristic and erden too!!  hmmmmmm

Ok, you want to get rid of Rivers and then make several roster changes.

First of all who will be your coach? Can you name any candidates?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I wouldn't mind if it's Lawson and McGee or Mosgov....anything else forget it. We have to have Lawson

Lawson and AB would be a nice backcourt

I think it's just Doc floating his name out there to wake him up though.

Did I miss something?  Did Doc have something to do with this rumor?  Coaches don't usually float names out on the trade front.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

This is what hurts chances of moving Rondo.  While he have a few posters that think he is the best PG in the league,  others don't quite view him that way.

Maybe our expectations for Rondo are simply too high. He leads the NBA at 11.1 assists per game, and he's flirting with a career high at 13.4 points per game on 48.4 percent shooting while showing improved consistency in his midrange game. And yet he still doesn't get to the free throw line enough (2.5 FTA per game), and his defense has regressed considerably (his individual numbers are solid, but as was hammered home in Tuesday's loss to the Cavaliers, Rondo is getting beat off the dribble too often, forcing the back line to help and creating cracks in the defense). As Pierce struggles, we'd like to see Rondo put this team on his back even more. But it really starts on defense, where he needs to gamble less and prevent so much dribble penetration. 

Grade: C-plus

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I'm all for trading Rondo but not in a desperation move. Come on Miller? Mozgov? Despite all his well discussed flaws he's still the best passing and rebounding PG in the league. I think it's best to wait till the off-season to trade him, maybe we can get a lottery pick, KG can retire, PP can be waived and then we can start to rebuild. And Rondo can boost his stock in the playoffs, allthough a first round exit is looming. When we trade Rondo we should get better in the long term for it.

We should try to unload Terry, Bass and maybe Green now not the big 3, Sully and AB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Mozgov, with all the troubles we have you want to gamble on this guy.  You are all nuts!  Make a trade for someone who has had success.  Crazy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Mozgov, with all the troubles we have you want to gamble on this guy.  You are all nuts!  Make a trade for someone who has had success.  Crazy.

Agreed.  I still think Rondo is a very good player. Flaws yes but still very good and I sure wouldn't want to give him away.  It he gets traded for Lawson we better get another productve player as well.  Rondo is like a lot of other players, especially ours,  he might be better for another team.  Green falls in that category.  Rondo may not be the best PG for us anymore.  He needs to be on a running team that has scorers and he is not depended on for that.  We need scoring from the PG since Paul and KG are older.  When they were still a force, Rondo fit in nicely with them.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

What you guys expect from someone like acie!

If the Celtics won't be able to get Lawson, I bet acie would ask for Mozgov and Kalashnikov! 

HAHAHA

The Nuggets have four centers seven feet tall.  And someone wants to trade Rondo for the worst seven footer.  The worst trade in NBA history possibly.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

Agreed.  I still think Rondo is a very good player. Flaws yes but still very good and I sure wouldn't want to give him away.  It he gets traded for Lawson we better get another productve player as well.  Rondo is like a lot of other players, especially ours,  he might be better for another team.  Green falls in that category.  Rondo may not be the best PG for us anymore.  He needs to be on a running team that has scorers and he is not depended on for that.  We need scoring from the PG since Paul and KG are older.  When they were still a force, Rondo fit in nicely with them.

You can't state it much better than that!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Let's just do the Cousins deal and get it over with.

Give up Bass, Lee, Melo and #1 for Cousins and Fredette

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts