Rambis talking like trade might still happen

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Rambis talking like trade might still happen

i think the trade is on hold, they may still be able to get the deal ok'ed, but i think they may have to change the pieces involved a little bit...this may be bad news for the celtics that they vetoed this trade because this may mean we have to sit pat and maybe pick up some role players and head into the season with basically the same team as last year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Rambis talking like trade might still happen:
    [QUOTE]Just watched Sportcenter and yes I know they are all Lacker Backers there, but Rambis thinks it could still happen. Doesn't No mean No? Well not to Kobe, but come on. IF it's Vetoed, it's vetoed.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

I heard many of the analysts say the same thing.  I am not sure what will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if the trade eventually happens. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Rambis talking like trade might still happen:
    [QUOTE]No, it's not going to happen.  http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AklRzkzo2YR_21b_XB4HIAC8vLYF?slug=ys-nba_dan_gilbert_email_lakers_hornets_trade_120811 Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing. It's all about the money!  
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

that is the only answer that actually makes sense to me, it is all about the money

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

lakers really did plan that out well though even though its on hold for now, if the figures were right, they got paul with more then enough money to add howard

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The idea that the Hornets are going to be left with nothing tells me that Paul will be traded.  Hopefully the Lakers will not be the destination.  We are hog tied right now and need to worry about our very old and injury prone team. Adding players that can back up but do little to get this team a championship.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well you may be right, but they would be able to take on his contract if they could get the magic to send him to LA...and while i hope the deal is dead, we just dont know...there may be something in the trade that the league is making the teams change and they may fix it and get it done...unlikely, but possible

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rambis talking like trade might still happen : that and the fact the the C's were at a disadvantage with Paul dictating where he'd go (while N.O. held his rights) and who he'd extend his contract with ... how can small market or even teams like the C's operate in that kind of environment? Even when they planned well and have the ability to get better they can't cause the players are the decision makers ... that dog don't hunt!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Stephen A Smith actually just made a good point about this...with the Hornets being owned by the NBA, the trade may have been vetoed because without Paul, ticket sales for the hornets will plummet...even though the team may be better without him getting those 4 players, they just wouldnt have the starpower that fans want to see. And again, it comes back to money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]No, it's not going to happen.  http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AklRzkzo2YR_21b_XB4HIAC8vLYF?slug=ys-nba_dan_gilbert_email_lakers_hornets_trade_120811 Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing. It's all about the money!  
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

The Lakers were going to make out like bandits! Combine that with the fact that some say NO gave the Lakers FO the last shot on a deal and one could assume some sort of conspiracy. Think about it...Dell Demps is an LA boy from Long Beach who probably won't be with NO after they sell the franchise. I just hope you're right Fierce and that Stern doesn't back down on this one.