Randal or Sullinger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Randal or Sullinger

I would pick Sullinger.  WE need size or a very good 2 or 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Re: Randal or Sullinger

In response to romneywins' comment:

I agree that we are stacked at PF and Julius Randle may be overkill to the roster at that position but this kids body seems to be Karl Moloneish. If he is what is left for us when we pick {have I mentioned how pis-s poor those last 2 wins were} then I would take him and deal with whatever comes to be. His arms are short but he plays with heart and has an edge to him. Now, if the ping pong balls fall our way and we have a shot at Embiid, Parker or Wiggins then all bets are off with Randle but in until then, it just cannot hurt to have a guy named Julius on the ballclub.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Agreed. No need for Randall. I'd rather draft Gordon who I think has more potential

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed. No need for Randall. I'd rather draft Gordon who I think has more potential

[/QUOTE]

I respect your post R9R but there is no way that Gordan has more potential that Julius IMO. Gordan can't shoot from the Field nor the Line. He might play with some fire at the college level but other than athletic ability, what else does he have to offer? Randle 10 times out of 10 times of that is the choice. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I respect your post R9R but there is no way that Gordan has more potential that Julius IMO. Gordan can't shoot from the Field nor the Line. He might play with some fire at the college level but other than athletic ability, what else does he have to offer? Randle 10 times out of 10 times of that is the choice. 

[/QUOTE]

Gordon does everything that isnt in the box score.  He plays fantastic defense, he makes the right pass, he gets the offensive rebound when you absolutely must have it, he deflects the ball which results in a steal for someone else, he makes his teammates better. He is a winner and an amazing basketball player.  He is much better than Randle.  But Randle will score more and get more rebounds.  Randle can be a 20-10 guy on a losing team.  Gordon can be the reason that a team wins the championship while being a 15-5 guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to anguskahn's comment:

[QUOTE]

How far did he take Ari

[/QUOTE]

Gordon does everything that isnt in the box score.  He plays fantastic defense, he makes the right pass, he gets the offensive rebound when you absolutely must have it, he deflects the ball which results in a steal for someone else, he makes his teammates better. He is a winner and an amazing basketball player.  He is much better than Randle.  But Randle will score more and get more rebounds.  Randle can be a 20-10 guy on a losing team.  Gordon can be the reason that a team wins the championship while being a 15-5 guy.

[/QUOTE]

Can you remind me how far Gordan took his team in the NCAA's as opposed to Randal? And 42% from the line for Gordan? In the NBA, Gordan will be one of the rest type guy and a small body dude. IMO, he is not in Julius's league. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

We dont need to choose. We are not as "stacked" at the pf position as many think. We have sully and ko under contract for multiple years but other than that, Hump is a free agent NOW who is most likely gone. Bbass is in his final year, so he will most likely be gone too after next season, if not traded at the deadline.

In this league you need a frontline rotation of at least 3 quality bigs.  If we end up with the 5th pick I think hed be a good choice. He can come in and rebound right away, he has a decent jumper and is an agressive player who likes to mix it up in the post, he needs to work on some counter moves in the post, cuz he is very left hand dominant. He was very productive for a team that went to the natl championship avgd 15 and 10 while shooting 50%  and he is only 19. I think he is one of the more nba ready players and prob the best overall player outside the top 3 (parker,embiid, wiggins).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

n response to celticelmo's comment:

[QUOTE]

How far did he take Ari

[/QUOTE]

Can you remind me how far Gordan took his team in the NCAA's as opposed to Randal? And 42% from the line for Gordan? In the NBA, Gordan will be one of the rest type guy and a small body dude. IMO, he is not in Julius's league. 

[/QUOTE]

Sure.  Gordon took his team which lost their starting PF (a would be first rounder) to the E8 where they lost in OT by 1 point.

BTW...Randle is nearly a full year older than Gordon.

Gordon isnt going to be an 80% free throw guy but he does make 75% in practice and he has good form.  In all lieklihood he will be a 65% free throw guy early in his career and over 70% later in his career. 

Randle is a proto-typical good stats on a bad team guy.  He does NOTHING but score and rebound.  He doesnt block shots.  He doesnt get steals.  He doesnt get asissts.  He doesnt play good D.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I only mention randle becuz of this thread, But I have LONG been on the gordon bandwagon, since I watch a lot of AU games. He is a great athlete who can defend nba 3's and play some small ball pf as well.  His jump shot is better than  most think, tho his ft shooting is horrible. He really plays with in the team concept, doesnt seem to force shots up. Great team player with a great attitude.

Knowing da and stevens propensity for defensive player with "attitude and hustle" I can def see him being the pick. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I only mention randle becuz of this thread, But I have LONG been on the gordon bandwagon, since I watch a lot of AU games. He is a great athlete who can defend nba 3's and play some small ball pf as well.  His jump shot is better than  most think, tho his ft shooting is horrible. He really plays with in the team concept, doesnt seem to force shots up. Great team player with a great attitude.

Knowing da and stevens propensity for defensive player with "attitude and hustle" I can def see him being the pick. 

[/QUOTE]

And DA has been to MANY AZ games this year (also scouting Rondae Hollis Jefferson).  Ive seen every minute of every game that Gordon played this year.  He is a special talent.  I have never seen a player make the right play every time like he did.  Gordon has a will power/another level that you done see much outside of Jordan/Kobe/KG/etc.  Im not saying he is anywhere near their league but he makes the plays when the game is on the line.  He does things that nobody else does.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[/QUOTE]

Sure.  Gordon took his team which lost their starting PF (a would be first rounder) to the E8 where they lost in OT by 1 point.

BTW...Randle is nearly a full year older than Gordon.

Gordon isnt going to be an 80% free throw guy but he does make 75% in practice and he has good form.  In all lieklihood he will be a 65% free throw guy early in his career and over 70% later in his career. 

Randle is a proto-typical good stats on a bad team guy.  He does NOTHING but score and rebound.  He doesnt block shots.  He doesnt get steals.  He doesnt get asissts.  He doesnt play good D. 

[/QUOTE]

He does NOTHING but score and rebound? Bro, I think those are the two most important things one can do in the NBA. He has a nice stroke from the line and shoots 75% in practice? Really Bro? I hit 75% in my back yard but when the heat is on, that is what matters and I choke my balls off. Proto-typical is the way I would go. I am not into grasping for straws, especially when it come to the Celts.... As far as defense goes, Julius plays very agressive and will knock one on his AZZ. I think Gordan has a bunch of 'what if's. Time will tell but in my "humble and many times wrong opinion", I take the proto type player with a Karl Malone like body over a bunch of what if's. Gordan has many more "what if's" than Julius does.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And DA has been to MANY AZ games this year (also scouting Rondae Hollis Jefferson).  Ive seen every minute of every game that Gordon played this year.  He is a special talent.  I have never seen a player make the right play every time like he did.  Gordon has a will power/another level that you done see much outside of Jordan/Kobe/KG/etc.  Im not saying he is anywhere near their league but he makes the plays when the game is on the line.  He does things that nobody else does.

[/QUOTE]

That might be the problem. The College game is NOT the NBA. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i guarantee that Aaron Gordon has a more successful career than Julius "T-Rex Arms" Randle. Randle is a poor man's Zach Randolph while Gordon can be a more athletic Shawn Marion or Shane Battier. Still so young and raw offensively he will only get better. Already shoots 35% from 3pt and is the best defender in the draft. he will be able to cover Lebron, Durant, Melo, George..etc. 

[/QUOTE]

Coming from someone who disregards Osama Bin Laden's actions, well.....enough said. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I haven't seen this comp. yet but I feel like Randle is a poor mans Larry Johnson.  He's a little taller than LJ but not quite as explosive.  Both have post moves but like to work from the mid post area, both need a head of steam to get up. Neither one could really explode from right under the basket. LJ was a little bit further along as a jump shooter, but he really developed his range after he hurt his back and lost that lift.  When he was with Charlotte he didn't shoot from much further out than about 18ft. Both were relentless rebounders, but not good defenders and terrible shot blockers.  Both use quickness against bigger guys, and strength against smaller ones. 

The difference I see is that LJ was a tireless worker who improved his game every year, and when he couldn't jump anymore he evolved to become a deadly long range shooter.  I don't know if Randle has that killer instinct that Grandmama had.  LJ wanted to eat you alive! 

Also early in his career LJ played with one of the best 2 way bigs in the league in 'Zo Mourning who hid a lot of LJ defensive deficiencies. If Randle played here he would not have that luxury, and I feel Randle lack of defense would be glaring. Maybe to the point of Stevens being forced to pull him in many games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Randle is a very good player.  I'd take him over Smart or Gordon.    I think Parker, Embiid, Wiggins, Exum or Vonleh would be better for us right now.  Randle would be fine if we traded Hump or Bass (as someone said earlier), but it depends what DA does............sign and trade Hump?  trade Bass?  trade Green?  trade (gulp) Rondo?

Too many variables right now.......by draft night, Randle may be our BEST option......who knows?

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Ok, so odds are that the C's will pick either 5th or 6th, and the best player available will be Randle.  So who can we trade him for?  I've said all along that I'd be thrilled is they traded a 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th pick for a couple of mid to late round 1st picks.  At the very least, you could probably flip him for C. Early and S. Napier.  There's DA's scoring and backup plan in case Rondo leaves.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

uconn fan here, I did watched alot of Randle for the whole tourney.  He seem to have an anxiety disorder just like White of Iowa State.  I know as a basketball player, Randle is a far better player than Sully.  But does he have a strong mentally to play at the NBA level??  that is what Boston need to take a look at.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I think Vonleh is a better player than Sully and Randle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

might very well be

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

From what I've seen of them Randle is way better than Gordon. Randle reminds me of Zebo, a lefty,physical and has scoring abilities. Randle will be a player that will do better statistically in the NBA. I love Sully but Randle has the skill set and body to be an All Star regular and is more NBA ready than any of the other top 5 prospects. 6'9 and 260 he is built like the Mailman already at 19 yrs old.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

PFs like Randle are a dime a dozen.  Players like A. Gordon aren't as easy to come by.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

PFs like Randle are a dime a dozen.  Players like A. Gordon aren't as easy to come by.

[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about Smart!

Sections
Shortcuts