Randal or Sullinger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Re: Randal or Sullinger

Randle's good.  But Sully's a better player in every category.  Sully's longer, and Sully had a more productive freshman year in school, to boot.  Remember, Sully could have been a top 10 after his freshman year, also.

Let's focus on what we need and not downgrade what we already have.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we pick Randal it's for another team involving a trade, otherwise Exum could play the SG and ultimately replace Rondo in 2015 if it comes to that.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, we could us Randal but we have other areas to address first if we want to compete next year, we need size or shooting or size and shooting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok, so odds are that the C's will pick either 5th or 6th, and the best player available will be Randle.  So who can we trade him for?  I've said all along that I'd be thrilled is they traded a 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th pick for a couple of mid to late round 1st picks.  At the very least, you could probably flip him for C. Early and S. Napier.  There's DA's scoring and backup plan in case Rondo leaves.

[/QUOTE]That would be great, the later picks fit our team needs better and getting 3 instead of 2 could be a plus.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Vonleh is a better player than Sully and Randle.

[/QUOTE]

may be but we have Sulley already and other demanding needs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Randle is a very good player.  I'd take him over Smart or Gordon.    I think Parker, Embiid, Wiggins, Exum or Vonleh would be better for us right now.  Randle would be fine if we traded Hump or Bass (as someone said earlier), but it depends what DA does............sign and trade Hump?  trade Bass?  trade Green?  trade (gulp) Rondo?

Too many variables right now.......by draft night, Randle may be our BEST option......who knows?

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

[/QUOTE]  What he said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to anguskahn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to celticelmo's comment:

[QUOTE]

At 5, I want to draft a guy who does things IN the box score.

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed. No need for Randall. I'd rather draft Gordon who I think has more potential

[/QUOTE]

I respect your post R9R but there is no way that Gordan has more potential that Julius IMO. Gordan can't shoot from the Field nor the Line. He might play with some fire at the college level but other than athletic ability, what else does he have to offer? Randle 10 times out of 10 times of that is the choice. 

[/QUOTE]

Gordon does everything that isnt in the box score.  He plays fantastic defense, he makes the right pass, he gets the offensive rebound when you absolutely must have it, he deflects the ball which results in a steal for someone else, he makes his teammates better. He is a winner and an amazing basketball player.  He is much better than Randle.  But Randle will score more and get more rebounds.  Randle can be a 20-10 guy on a losing team.  Gordon can be the reason that a team wins the championship while being a 15-5 guy.

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Vonleh is a better player than Sully and Randle.

[/QUOTE]

may be but we have Sulley already and other demanding needs.

[/QUOTE]

We wouldnt have a problem if we had to draft Vonleh or Randle. The best player available is the best player available. You just try to  move something you have for somthing you dont via trade.

You might move Bass or Sully.Humphries is an unkown in terms of sign and trade , plus I really hope he sticks around.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

randal isn't nearly the size of zebo is he?  It strikes me he will be more of a 3/4 player, maybe in the mold of charles barkley

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

ABG...anybody but Gordon

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Gordon " right pass" to tune of 1.6 assists to 1.4 turnovers, defense 0.7 steals per game. Lot of hustle with little results.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

ABG- I like that.  I haven't been much of a Gordon fan this season.  His FT stats kept me un-interested.

Today I watched his Draft Express highlights.  I was hoping that, despite his poor FT shooting, that his mechanics were salvageable.  Old Timmy Duncan used to struggle from the line, but he'd never miss from the perimeter.  Obviously Duncan was nearly unstoppable on the low-post, but despite his poor FT shooting, he had the ability to knock down open perimeter shots.

I was watched Gordon's Draft Express highlights, hoping that we like Duncan.  A poor FT shooter, but a decent shooter when he was in his comfort zone.  Unfortunately, what I saw was a kid that has no jump shot what-so-ever.

Aaron Gordon cannot shoot.  Whether or not you like Jeff Green (which I do), you do not want to replace him with a guy I consider THE WORST SHOOTER IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Exactly, the post was about we have other needs other than another power forward, Gordon is a basketball player that will help some team with defense and team ball and heart.  He can play the three or some two.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to romneywins' comment:

[QUOTE]

I would pick Sullinger.  WE need size or a very good 2 or 3.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that we are stacked at PF and Julius Randle may be overkill to the roster at that position but this kids body seems to be Karl Moloneish. If he is what is left for us when we pick {have I mentioned how pis-s poor those last 2 wins were} then I would take him and deal with whatever comes to be. His arms are short but he plays with heart and has an edge to him. Now, if the ping pong balls fall our way and we have a shot at Embiid, Parker or Wiggins then all bets are off with Randle but in until then, it just cannot hurt to have a guy named Julius on the ballclub.

[/QUOTE]

I've got a feeling that if Boston doesn't get a top three pick, Ainge will trade the pick to Minnesota for Love

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

whoever would take gordon instead of randle is out of their mind...it's just that simple.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts