Randolph and KG in tandem essential to rectifying our rebound deficiency

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Randolph and KG in tandem essential to rectifying our rebound deficiency

I hate being prophetic when it's not good results for our team. I copy & paste from post after our victory against the Pistons.

Re: KG returning..."I can't wait. We are in desperate need of his rebounding and other skills, of course.  In SF area last night I watched the Sox-Yankee game and hate NY as much as the Lakers.  Kept seeing the Celt's score and finally the win. Read that we were outrebounded 52-34. Wow !!! That's 18 second chances. I did not need to see the box to know why we won but it confirmed my suspicion. We shot 50% to their 36%. Don't need worry too much about rebounds when 1 out of 2 go in. I don't want to appear an ingrate but we ain't gonna shoot 50% every night so it'll be nice to not lose the rebound battle so drastically."

There we go, in the very next game we are outrebounded 58-42 so 16 extra chances for the Cavs. Had we shot 50%, we'd won but as I stated above, can't do it every night and both teams shot 40% !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Randolph and KG in tandem essential to rectifying our rebound deficiency

In response to Fierce34's comment:

This season the rebounding problem is just 2nd to the scoring problem. The Celts just can't score on a regular basis this season. They can't keep up with the scoring of the elite teams.

That's why I keep saying if it's NY or Miami in the 1st round, it's a 1st round exit because the Celts can't score enough points.

Fierce...I agree with you but if both teams shoot 50%, 1 out of 2, the team that rebounds more of the 2 misses gets to put up more shots and can even shoot less than 50% depending upon how many extra chances they get.  But yes, we have not shot well this year & I hate to bring it up but could it be because we don't have Ray Allen.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

This season the rebounding problem is just 2nd to the scoring problem. The Celts just can't score on a regular basis this season. They can't keep up with the scoring of the elite teams.

That's why I keep saying if it's NY or Miami in the 1st round, it's a 1st round exit because the Celts can't score enough points.

Fierce...I agree with you but if both teams shoot 50%, 1 out of 2, the team that rebounds more of the 2 misses gets to put up more shots and can even shoot less than 50% depending upon how many extra chances they get.  But yes, we have not shot well this year & I hate to bring it up but could it be because we don't have Ray Allen.

If we had the Ray Allen of 2008-09 then yes, the Celts will definitely shoot better. 

Both teams shooting 50% in one game will only happen maybe twice at the most in a 7-game series. So yes, who gets more 2nd chances wins the series. And that will most likely be NY or Miami.

I think the Celts will exit in the 1st round this year. What you think?

Fierce that is not a bold prediction.  We are an injury prone seventh seed.  If we can play hard and keep the new big three relatively healthy we have a puncher's chance.  We have a puncher's chance to beat the knicks and a Rocky-like chance to beat the Heat.  "Anything is possible."  It is easy to see our chances as slim we have been decimated by injuries.  But the 100 million dollary trainwreck has been awful with their line-up in tact and without it.  They were in October a "crappy team" and are today a crappy team as you said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Fierce and Concord....I'm glad we're in the playoffs irrespective whom we play because I enjoy watching NBA games but, naturally, admit it's more fun when my team is winning. It's a bit painful when we are behind by 10+ pts & I see we are getting outrebounded, doing too many turnovers, shooting poorly etc. and despite wanting to be Dale Carnegie positive, don't see us pulling out a game or series. But a small satisfaction is watching a hated team lose as I am a fan of whoever plays the Lakers & Heat.

I'm just hoping many Celtics fans feel as I do regardless of the Vegas line on us winning a series, division etc. as I expect Monday Morning quarterbacks to surface that it'd been better to not get humiliated and not have played and been in the lottery !!!

I feel like the saying "it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" !!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

How obtuse!  lakers could finish with a better record and NOT make the playoffs!!

Go OKC - get that 1 seed and sweep out that sorry lakers team!!!  A mercy killing if there ever was one!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Fierce that is not a bold prediction.  We are an injury prone seventh seed.  If we can play hard and keep the new big three relatively healthy we have a puncher's chance.  We have a puncher's chance to beat the knicks and a Rocky-like chance to beat the Heat.  "Anything is possible."  It is easy to see our chances as slim we have been decimated by injuries.  But the 100 million dollary trainwreck has been awful with their line-up in tact and without it.  They were in October a "crappy team" and are today a crappy team as you said.

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/04/the-latest-quotes-from-kevin-garnett.html

The fact that Garnett has had difficulty walking and driving makes it seem much more serious than anybody let on.

It's a 1st round exit this time. Celts just don't have enough to keep up with NY or Miami.

You may be right, however, I like our chances.