Randolph for a #1 Pick? Your Kidding right?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Randolph for a #1 Pick? Your Kidding right?

In Response to Randolph for a #1 Pick? Your Kidding right?:
    Unbelievable News: ESPN's Chris Broussard is reporting that the Knicks will trade Randolph for a first-rounder sometime in the next two weeks. Spin: Randolph has done almost nothing with the Knicks following an offseason trade, so it's not surprising that New York is looking to move him. What is surprising is to hear that teams with likely lottery picks, such as Indiana and Minnesota, are interested in trading their potentially high pick for a guy who is averaging 2.0 ppg and is coming off a season in which he played just 33 games. Randolph is still only 21 years old, but at this point it looks like the most value he will provide the Knicks will come in the form of a trade. No wonder the Pacers and the Timberwolves continue to lose.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Actually, its not all that dumb.  He was the 15th or 16th pick himself and if the draft isn't that strong, you'll be getting a player who's been in the league almost 3 years vs a young kid coming out of college (where you don't know how he'd do or if he'll pan out).  Randolph is 6'11" and averaged over 11 points a game, tied Dwight Howard for blocks in a game his rookie year, shot 45% field goal percentage, and is a proven talent.   His problem is inconsistency....but that's what a rookie is going to have, as well.

So, while I don't know if I make the move personally, I wouldn't call it dumb because they are trading 6 in one hand for a half dozen in the other.  Its a gamble to see if they can motivate him, but its not a horrible trade - especially for Indiana who's probably NOT going to have a draft pick better than 15th or 16th, anyway.

The 15th pick from 2 years ago vs the 15th pick this year?  Its a wash.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I would trade our #1 pick for Randolph in a NY min.  (pun intended)  But, of course, NYK won't deal with us, so it will be fun to see where he ends up.

Just for clarification, he is averaging 8.3 pts for his career, 2.0 this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I would give up a #1 for Randoplh if I were the Cs. You have to look at where he'd fit with your team. He's young, has good skills and he's 6'11. NBA teams don't value #1 picks as much as NFL teams do. NBA teams protect LOTTERY #1 picks. If you're a playoff team or it can help you land a player like Melo, you do it in a heartbeat.

This is why I said I would trade 2 #1s for Love if I were the C's. Teams like the TWolves aren't ready to compete for a title.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

OK a little clarification.

I never said it was "dumb".   Read the post please.  I said its unbelievable.

There is a huge difference between us trading for him and the teams the article mentioned.  He does not get off the bench for the team he plays for.  I would take my chances on the draft this year hoping I hit a home run instead of taking a chance on  a player that has pretty much shown nothing much.(A mid round pick)
    As for the Wolves we may be talking about more than a mid round pick.  Do you see the difference between where they are drafting compared to where we are drafting?  Of course the C's  would take the chance he could help just from what he did his rookie year on defense. That and his size. He could be a added piece for us while for Minnesota and Indiana he would need to be more than a piece.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Randolph for a #1 Pick? Your Kidding right?:
    I would trade our #1 pick for Randolph in a NY min.  (pun intended)  But, of course, NYK won't deal with us, so it will be fun to see where he ends up. Just for clarification, he is averaging 8.3 pts for his career, 2.0 this year.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

But his 8.3 for his career is made up of 11.6 his second season while at Golden State in 22 minutes per game and 2.0 ppg in almost no playing time at New York.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

OK a little clarification. I never said it was "dumb".   Read the post please.  I said its unbelievable. There is a huge difference between us trading for him and the teams the article mentioned.  He does not get off the bench for the team he plays for.  I would take my chances on the draft this year hoping I hit a home run instead of taking a chance on  a player that has pretty much shown nothing much.(A mid round pick) As for the Wolves we may be talking about more than a mid round pick.  Do you see the difference between where they are drafting compared to where we are drafting?  Of course the C's  would take the chance he could help just from what he did his rookie year on defense. That and his size. He could be a added piece for us while for Minnesota and Indiana he would need to be more than a piece.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Don't be sensitive.  I didn't say that you said it was dumb.  I simply said it wasn't a dumb move.  In other words, its not all bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Randolph for a #1 Pick? Your Kidding right? : But his 8.3 for his career is made up of 11.6 his second season while at Golden State in 22 minutes per game and 2.0 ppg in almost no playing time at New York.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Doesn't that mean he can produce if given time?  If we get this guy, buyout JON and don't sign Sheed, are we better or worse?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

He's tall. He blocks, rebounds, steals, and can shoot free throws well enough.

Sign me up. He's a better fit here than Davis is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i would give up the celts number one pick and wafer for this guy. wafer would fit into the run and gun stuff that the knicks do and this guy could be a contributor in the front line by the end of the year.

wafer is not terribly needed and the celtics never seem to get much immediate help from any of their number one picks most years.

if he needs motivation, he will get it from the celtics leaders.  he will either get "it" or get gone if he deals with pierce, o'neal, allen and garnett.  if he is anywhere near as smart as he is big (not all are) he should hope to get traded to boston where he could use these guys to build his career.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Why won't NY deal with us? We got Nate for Walker...As a matter of fact, how about getting both Randolph and Walker???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Randolph for a #1 Pick? Your Kidding right?

But his 8.3 for his career is made up of 11.6 his second season while at Golden State in 22 minutes per game and 2.0 ppg in almost no playing time at New York.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

: Doesn't that mean he can produce if given time? 
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Hedley.....That's exactly my point....that with minutes, the guy can produce.  He's a good player and the only reason he's not producing is because he's in D'Antoni's doghouse and we all know that being in that doghouse is not always fair!  Mike D is not always reasonable.

Sections
Shortcuts