Rasheed Rasheed Rasheed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Rasheed Rasheed Rasheed

I know I know. I was the leader of killing Wallace last year for his lack of effort, his propensity to throw up an untimely 3 pointer and his curious attitude BUT with Jermaine lost for the year and Shaq's feelings hurt because Perk took his starting job as well as all his multitude of injuries and Semi's  troublesome shoulder, is it time to bring back Rasheed who knows the defensive system? I know he isn't your typical big man anymore but he gives the Celtics length and who could take up 15 minutes a night and we wouldn't really have to worry about him getting hurt because he plays with pain. I know, call me crazy, and I was the leader of bashing Rasheed the entire year before last year's playoffs but guy's it may be time to let bygones be bygones---I think

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Rasheed Rasheed Rasheed

In Response to Rasheed Rasheed Rasheed:
    I know I know. I was the leader of killing Wallace last year for his lack of effort, his propensity to throw up an untimely 3 pointer and his curious attitude BUT with Jermaine lost for the year and Shaq's feelings hurt because Perk took his starting job as well as all his multitude of injuries and Semi's  troublesome shoulder, is it time to bring back Rasheed who knows the defensive system? I know he isn't your typical big man anymore but he gives the Celtics length and who could take up 15 minutes a night and we wouldn't really have to worry about him getting hurt because he plays with pain. I know, call me crazy, and I was the leader of bashing Rasheed the entire year before last year's playoffs but guy's it may be time to let bygones be bygones---I think
    Posted by rickrand3

Who said JO was out for the year?  Have a link?  Shaqs feelings hurt?  What in the world makes you say that? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think we're going to start hearing whispers about Sheed joining the C's right around AS break. If the C's can move JON that will create the roster spot for Sheed and bump Erden down in the rotation.

I have to believe that Ainge will almost try to give away JON or even absorb part of his salary to take him off our hands.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I also agree that Rasheed may return to the Celtics.  I would really like to see that happen.  Trading Jon would be terrific, but not sure that would happen.  I do agree with Rick that he is probably out for the season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Rasheed would be nice. My question would be who would we drop. Jermaine might never be healthy but I think he could help if he were and he is under contract for next year and may be hard to move. I think Ainge will wait until the very end to see how Jermaine is coming along with his recovery before making a move along with Daniels. If they both make a decent recovery I don't see us making any moves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

I am guessing Rasheed Rasheed Rasheed is Fat Fat Fat.  I don't think time away from professional hoops has helped his conditioning and he has been out of shape for about 4 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Folks we've got to have a backup SF ready to go after the AS break. You do not want to take a chance that PP has to play extra mins during a West Coast road trip.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Rasheed Rasheed Rasheed:
    Folks we've got to have a backup SF ready to go after the AS break. You do not want to take a chance that PP has to play extra mins during a West Coast road trip.
    Posted by BiasLewis

When did Rasheed start playing SF?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

If Ainge cannot find a decent SF without blowing up the team he may have to go with Sheed and move BBD to SF for stretches. BBD, Shaq and Sheed would be too big a frontline for any 2nd unit to compete against.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

one one one,

With a somewhat or a shaq who plays. Shaq will start because of his better offensive game. Perk will end games because of his better defense. Perks liability is in his o. Thats what shaq still does ok in

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

one one one, With a somewhat or a shaq who plays. Shaq will start because of his better offensive game. Perk will end games because of his better defense. Perks liability is in his o. Thats what shaq still does ok in
    Posted by DoctorCO

wrong. perk is the starter for good, barring an injury. and its the right decision. his offense isnt bad enough to keep him off the court, hes still contributing. and his defense is excellent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Trade JO for Scal. Hes not an awful big man and we need his size

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

Sweet.  I personally hope this happens.  The starters are playing too much time right now and we will need them to rest as June approaches.  I also think JO's is done.  

Crazy, we have not even had our whole team together yet and we are still 1st in east and 2nd overall.  Not too shabby considering!!!

Go C's!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think we're going to start hearing whispers about Sheed joining the C's right around AS break. If the C's can move JON that will create the roster spot for Sheed and bump Erden down in the rotation. I have to believe that Ainge will almost try to give away JON or even absorb part of his salary to take him off our hands.
    Posted by BiasLewis

This isn't Baseball, Sox can trade JON only for 75% less money or 125% more... they can't pay some of his money to get someone else to trade for him, if they paid his entire deal in a buyout and released him that is something else entirely

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Posted by rickrand3

No. He was out of shape while under contract. Imagine his conditioning now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Trade JO for Scal. Hes not an awful big man and we need his size
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs

Scal`s not a big man at all. He fit in as a Celt, but he`s basically Harangody with more experience, but fewer skills.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Leave Sheed where ever he is at!!!!  He can be the mascot....he is out of shape more than ever.  Shaq and West will be back after the all star break.  JON will be back late March or mid April.  Daniels is a question mark.  Right now Wafer in a pinch can fill the back up 3 role.  What 3 will be coming off the bench that Wafer cant guard?????  It will be rare that he will have to cover a starter.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

If Danny is going to get a SF without blowing up the main rotation, his only real chip is Semih.  Of-course, future picks can be used but I don't see Danny doing that.  If JON does not make it back in time, we may well need Sheed back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironceltic33. Show ironceltic33's posts

I like 'Sheed,but he needs to come in immaculate shape and I doubt he can. He doesn't like workout and take care of himself, if he did this stuff he'd be ready and he could be an excellent pickup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

who would have thought we'd be speaking about Rasheed again after last season's dismal performance but I actually think he would help out....ugh

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Rasheed Rasheed Rasheed : Who said JO was out for the year?  Have a link?  Shaqs feelings hurt?  What in the world makes you say that? 
    Posted by OneOnOne

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6092315

He's out until the playoffs

The reports say it's "bone on bone"

Do you really think he'll be able to contribute after missing pretty much the entire season???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I'm not in love with it as Sheed many times feels like he's as good a 3 pt shooter as Allen & Pierce and loves to showboat & gets his "jollies" hitting them but is "iffy".  He's sort of like Garnett in the post.  He's not a banger & hits short jumpers/hooks etc.  On defense he'll help until, of course, he fouls out after 20 minutes of play(sorry, being humorous but is it not true ?) Don't see anyone out there available trading J O'Neil, Nate, Marquis etc. so hopefully Shaq will be healthy enough to carry us through the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by rickrand3

I can only assume that given the state of the economy there are enough dealers in Boston, so for 'sheed to come back I am not sure he would improve their volume levels.  It would certainly help the fruit loops, hostess cupcakes, and twinkees sales and of course there would be plenty more girls out on the streets because there would be more money out there flowing into the drug trade.  So maybe, just maybe the Cs should give some serious consideration to getting ' sheed back onto the roster.

Sections
Shortcuts